I love the smell of leather! For my Cadillac with its soft, "open" leather it`s easy to keep a subtle scent going with a touch of Zaino conditioner.

But Wifey has a Jag with a much stiffer, hard or "closed" or coated (?) leather that seems to absorb nothing. I`ve been told by a couple of pro detailers and upholstery guys that the Colorado UV turns it into flaky cardboard in 4-7 years. No worries there because it`s a lease and it`s going back. The car is great, the dealership sucks.

Sorry about the preamble. Anyway, to keep hers smelling leathery, I found a place called Preservation Solutions Leather Fragrance, Preservation Solutions that has a great smelling leather fragrance. I got the 4 oz. bottle to try it. The shipping was half again the price of the bottle making this a pricey product. But it`s extremely concentrated; that 4 ounces will last for years. It`s really like a potent perfume; one pump of the sprayer directed onto the back seat floor lasts for a few weeks. They tell you to wear rubber gloves. I poo-poo-ed that once and my finger smelled like leather for a day and a half.

But it really most closely emulates leather, or at least a type of leather; my wife`s co-workers always want to take her car for lunch. For one thing it`s of course pretty much always clean inside and out, but also because it`s like "walking into a saddlery" as one of her friends put it.

I have no connection to this company, just thought other leather fans might wanna know