Thread: Boat Help

Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased a new wakeboard boat and I want to take care of it the proper way. I have read that Gel Coats are different then Clear Coats. What products do you suggest? I have used Zaino products on my cars and I have been happy, but it does not look like they make a specific Gel Coat product. I also looking for a good vinyl protectant and towels for drying. Thanks in advance. Also if you could suggest a good carpet protectant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars has a boat and rv line for gelcoats...you can give that a look...they now have their own website for boats and rv`s as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    True, boats do have a gel coat, different then a clear coated car. Depending on how bad the gel has oxidized will decipher what to use. meguiers and other brands do make gel coat only products. With my expierence on my boat, i find that these dont last long. being in the direct sun all day and with current of water on the boat all the time, i found it to wear off and return back not long after.

You can buy a product that is a two stage system. first step is a scrub pad and abrasive pollish that removes the oxidation from the gel. second is a clear liquid that is applied by brush, this chemical hardens almost like a clearcoat over the gel. when this happens it restores the colour in the gel and locks it in by the hardening effect.

ill go to the garage and look for the name to help you out, best product i have used on a heavily oxidized boat yet!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    After all that typing i realize your boat is new, so that system is not need as bad. so all i can say is keep up on it with meguiars gel products.

Go to your local yaht store and see what they have. you may be able to use that sealent syem on new boats too. if so id recomend it over the carnuba hands down.

Post Thanks / Like
    303 aerospace

Thread Information