Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Decided to order Chemical Guys 53` (Pete`s 53). Im running out of Pinnacle Souveran. I was going to order 50/50 but for a intro price of 37 bucks I thought I would give 53` a try. (D@mn shipping was about 8 bucks through fedex :angry ) I`m hoping I will have the wax in my hands by this Friday as I have a couple of details coming up. I will post a brief review after I get some use of it. The description, ingrediants listed, and carnuaba content is what attracted me to it.

Has anyone actually used this wax yet??

Here is a short despcription from their website:

A PEARL WET FINISH FOR ALL PAINT TYPES.

Pete’s 53’ Black Pearl Signature Paste Wax - Celebrates 53’ years of life with a premium paste wax developed for all paints specially formulated for darker paints and metallics. (Comes with 2 premium applicators)

TRY IT TODAY! FOR THE NEXT 30 Days its on sale with a 30% discount. $37.00

Pete’s 53’ like Pete is in a class all its own. Utilizing Chemical Guy’s experienced chemists and Pete’s 20 years of experience in blending automobile paints for the auto industry, Pete’s 53’ blends only the finest of raw ingredients almond, coconut, banana and propolis oils, in a premium emulsion combined with 53 percent Brazilian No. 1 White Carnauba by volume.

Pete`s 53’ is for the enthusiast who demands the highest and wettest level of shine. 53’ blends the finest ingredients to deliver A premium blend of genuine carnauba wax and natural oils that makes paint “drip off of your vehicle†with a high gloss shine and shimmer that is sure to impress even the toughest of critic. Contains White Carnauba Wax, Montan Oil, Coconut Oil, Banana Oil, Almond Oil, Propolis (derived from Bees wax), and formulated with a liquid crystal polymer for extended longevity and durability.

Pete’s 53’ is brilliance in a paste, offering deep warm shine excellent for any color paint. The unique blend of oils and liquid crystal polymers is specially formulated to bring out dark and metallic colors.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Another note and somewhat "pre-judgement"...

The description says 53% carnuaba content by volume. The instructions says to apply with foam applicator using wipe on wipe off method. This somewhat leads me to believe there will be a lot of solvents in this wax to keep such a high carnuaba content level soft to apply without warming. It will be interesting to see results and especially the durability.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t wait for a review on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered mine too. I`m curious how it relates to the 50/50 (my favourite for the moment).
    06 SAAB 9-3 SC

04 SAAB 9-3 AERO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 01bluecls
    Another note and somewhat "pre-judgement"...

The description says 53% carnuaba content by volume. The instructions says to apply with foam applicator using wipe on wipe off method. This somewhat leads me to believe there will be a lot of solvents in this wax to keep such a high carnuaba content level soft to apply without warming. It will be interesting to see results and especially the durability.

How do you test a wax if it has lots of solvents?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MoPe
    How do you test a wax if it has lots of solvents?

I was making a generalized statement and could be wrong. From what I understand of the nature of these car care products is that liquid waxes usually has a high solvent content to keep them liquid, while pastes generally have less. Due to the nature of natural carnuaba being a very hard substance, in order to keep them appliable, sovlents along with other chemicals and ingredients are necessary. Some of the other ingredients such as natural oils may help soften the wax as well.

If someone would like to jump in with more knowledge, please do!! Im kinda going off bits and pieces of what I have learned over time.

Anyone try this wax yet????
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    So, is this their new flagship wax? Suppose to be better than 5050? Damn...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered mine last night woo. Can`t wait to try it out. The 30% intro deal grabbed me in, and also the description.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioman
    So, is this their new flagship wax? Suppose to be better than 5050? Damn...

Well the retail price for the 5050 is 48.62 and the 53` is 53.00. Not much of a price difference. I curious to see someone test both waxes. Since I have never used 5050 I wont be able to provide a comparison between the two. I will compare 53` to other waxes I have used and my real curiosity stems from its comparison to Pinnacle Souveran which has been my go to wax for two years now. I`m really hoping to have this wax in my hands by Friday for the details coming up.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine today..7/6000. Smells really nice. I kinda thought of coconut, and so did my younger brother. Can`t wait to try it out

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the retail price for the 5050 is 48.62 and the 53` is 53.00. Not much of a price difference.

It looks like 5050 comes in a 16oz container and Pete`s 53 comes in an 8oz container. So per ounce 5050 is $3.03 and Pete`s 53 is $6.63 ($4.63 during the sale).

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered mine today as well. I`ve never ordered anything from CG before, but have been reading a lot of good stuff on 5050.

Cannot wait to get it in so I can give it a try. I`ve only been using Natty`s Blue so far (haven`t been detailing for very long) and if it`s better than that, we have a winner.

BTW: I only paid $5.50 for shipping to Central Texas...

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap! Didnt realize 50/50 came in a 16oz container! That is a lot of wax for the money. Oh well, I get my 53` on Friday and cant wait to test it out.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap! Didnt realize 50/50 came in a 16oz container! That is a lot of wax for the money. Oh well, I get my 53` on Friday and cant wait to test it out.

I can`t say for sure as I don`t own a tin yet, but if you look at the product info page it sure seems to look that way.

Paste Wax

At the very top, above the picture of the tin and bag, the menu says "Home > 16oz SIZES > Waxes & Sealants >". Can anyone confirm this?

Post Thanks / Like
    My 5050 is def. not 16oz. I`d guess closer to 6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information