Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wanting to spruce up the 4Runner for today , she was clean and wiped down , started to put on some AW , didn`t quite cut it so I took out my bottle of FK FX100 ( never really used it much ) its a spray , wax , sealant glaze. Sprayed the truck with a WOWO action on each panel and factory clearcoated OME rims.

That stuff just rocks !!! wish I could do a pic . Personally between a panel of AW and the next panel of FX 100 , huge difference in clarity , depth , wetness & shine.

I do my stuff quite often so not really concerned about durability , but when I tried it on the hood last fall it held up pretty well. Kinda changed my mind about AW a little. Both just as easy to use , but quite different results.

Just my .02 since FK stuff is not the flavor of the month any longer its still one of my all time impressive product lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy
    Just my .02 since FK stuff is not the flavor of the month any longer its still one of my all time impressive product lines.

Agreed. My favorites from them is their Ultimate Cleaner APC(forgot the #), 108 Top Kote, and 425. I haven`t used Pink Wax yet(although I do have a sample of it), and I don`t know how long the 2180 lasts(just applied it a week ago), so I won`t comment on those. Their 118SC car wash is awesome too, great slickness, cleaning, and suds. Next time I order from them I`ll be sure to pick up FX-100.

Post Thanks / Like
    See if they will give you a sample of the 1000P synthetic wax. That is awesome as well , every layer is like adding a coat of clear to your paint , very wet and really show depth of paint.

The AIO product cleaner polish sealant is great too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using it to "boost" AJT over the winter with great results... easy to apply and remove, and seems to look better (wetter) after several days. For me, it`s a keeper!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really liked the look that FX 100 gives, those little yellowspecks of carnauba that you get sometimes is annoying though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Immediate, warm look with great clarity and superb slickness. Awesome product. It can be finicky over certain types of ingedients though.

Yes, the FK1 range cures the longest by far in my experience. When you think that for example 2180 has reached its optical finish on the 2nd day, well, no, it continues to improve even on the 4th & 5th day.

Post Thanks / Like
    The FX100 was popular here for a while and then it suddenly fell out of favor...something about yellowish material precipitating out of suspension IIRC. I`ve often thought about giving it a try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    It can be finicky over certain types of ingedients though.

Any specific products come readily to mind? Does it work OK over Collinite?

Post Thanks / Like
    It works good over most products but can be a little streaky over certain silicones. However I wasn`t able to filter out which products were responsible for this issue. A bit of this, a coat of that and bam, you forgot what was over or under...

When I experienced this kind of streakiness, I switched to a new MF and used even less product.

Post Thanks / Like
    One interesting thing about FX100 is that the instructions say to let it haze, but most folks here say they just WOWO. I have to admit, it`s a little annoying to have to let a simple spray wax haze and if that were really necessary I`d skip it and just use AW or something. Thankfully, in this case you don`t have to read the instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bence- Yeah, I finally started documenting all my work so I can keep stuff straight. The silicones comment was helpful, guess I won`t try it over the old version of 3M paste wax that`s so silicone-rich, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by velobard
    One interesting thing about FX100 is that the instructions say to let it haze, but most folks here say they just WOWO...

OK, so what`s the consensus regarding hazing vs. W-O-W-O? I don`t even use it with Souveran any more, let alone KSG..guess I`m just not a W-O-W-O type of guy. What *are* people doing with the FX-100?

Post Thanks / Like
    99% WOWO; basically QD work.

Post Thanks / Like
    i tried AW on my wheels and was disappointed. FX100 on my wheels is unbeatable, they subtle flake in them really pops and they are a breeze to clean as well.

I ran out of FX100...but realize how much I liked it now. FK1usa here I come!

Post Thanks / Like
    Worked awesome on my wheels and paint , no comparison to AW IMO.

It can streak sometimes , its touchy , sometimes it does , sometimes not. Also depends on the color if its visible. On black = everything is visible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I tried it in direct scorching sun, and to let it haze. I must say, that the old QD-type application works the best. Letting it haze was a smeary, streaky experience. In the full sun, the droplets can bake on the surface but a fresh spray re-liquifies them and they are easy to spread again.

When you see streaking, reduce the amount. I put a Victoria Wax sprayhead on the bottle because I generally hate the black head, and with that, one (!) complete trigger pull does a whole side. The Victoria head is rather a high volume sprayer. It is best to spray the FX-100 directly on the towel and not on the panels - especially on dark colors. It works almost like a WOWA sealant. You can see a faint trace behind the towel, but it disappears immediately. And it is still one of the best looking products ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bence- Thanks for the additional info, very informative. I`ll have to try some if I ever deplete my current stock of QDs. NO MORE until a few of those gallons are gone though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information