Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t contacted the company I bought these 2 bottles from, but as you can see from the below pic, the one bottle of RM is far thicker than the other bottle, which will separate as seen in the pic below in just a day or two.

Did I get a bad bottle (the one on the left)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few products that separate like that. Clearkote VM comes to mind. Give it a shake.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    I have a few products that separate like that. Clearkote VM comes to mind. Give it a shake.

That`s not my question. I have 2 bottles of VM and they separate fine. I like the separation, my question is why is one bottle separating and one not? The thicker, non separated bottle is my question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shou;d be fine. Alot of products will seperate over a period of time. Try it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, have VM and other products that separate like that, BUT my multiple bottles of the same product are all consistent in regards to how they separate. If you have one that is a different consistency than the other, there are a lot of things that could be happening. One of which is the possibility that the manufacturer has changed the formula. I thinks its normal to have some degree of variation from batch to batch, but not night and day difference unless it has either been changed, or you got a bottle out of a bad batch. I would just simply call the manufacturer or distributor and see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered the same thing when my VM and RMG came in a couple of weeks ago. Mine wasnt as bad as that but there was a clear line of seperation. But I shook it up and it seems fine now. I read that those products do that and all you have to do is shake it up really good, everything will be just fine. Good luck and enjoy!
    BGB Mobile Detailing Service -ASE & I-Car certified Refinishing Technician as of 8/12/08

78 Monte -01 Monte LSX -04 KB Cobra(SOLD) -10 2SS Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    He`s not questioning the separation, he`s questioning why one bottle separates and the other doesn`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, but all of you except JDookie aren`t reading my real question. I have 4 bottles, 2 ea of VM and RM, the 2 VM bottles separate just fine, not quite as much as the RM on the right of my pic, but still seaparted fine. The bottle of RM on the left is a WAY different consistency than the other RM on the right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    He`s not questioning the separation, he`s questioning why one bottle separates and the other doesn`t.

Thank you. :think2

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if this helps you any, but I just went in my garage and looked at a brand new bottle of RMG that has been sitting quietly for quite some time, and there is only about a 1/4" of clear liquid floating on top, and it`s a completely full bottle, never been used. This bottle is about a year old though, and CK may have changed their formula during that time. I`d check with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check with Everett at Clearkote, he should be able to answer your question. Odds are though, if you mix the two bottles together, the product will work just fine.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

That doesn`t seem like a heck of a lot of solvent in that one bottle to you?? My bottle is more like the one on the left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I just talked to John, the owner of Brilex solutions and he is a class act. Not only is he sending me out a new bottle of RM, but he`s even throwing in one of his silk edge MF towels as well, all at no charge! We even talked about 20min about general detailing questions. He`s a very nice fellow.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what did he say about the product? Is one bad, or at least not consistent with how it *should* be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    So what did he say about the product? Is one bad, or at least not consistent with how it *should* be?

John said that they haven`t had any problems so far, but the bottle on the left did sound to him like it *may* have been from a bad batch. So I`m assuming it`s bad? I`ll contact Everett from CK and show him the pic and report back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information