Post Thanks / Like
    My old Karcher 4.97 broke after 3,5 years. Am planning to get a new Karcher. Which one do you reccomend me ?

K4.97 --> 120 bar, 6 metres hose , 400 litres per hour (My old one specs)

K6.85 --> 140 bar, 9 metres hose , 530 litres per hour

K6.91 --> 145 bar, 9 metres hose , 530 litres per hour

K7.80 --> 150 bar, 9 metres hose , 450 litres per hour

K7.85 --> 150 bar, 12 metres hose, 450 litres per hour

All models look similar. Prices are very close. The newest is 6.91 . Comments I read for 7.85 are not very good for the price.

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    nobody can help ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I own a small electric one, and a much larger gas powered one but I`ve never owned a Karcher. I understand they hold up quite well though.

When I was researching them, one factor was the volume of water they were able to use. The greater the volume, the greater the ability to flush away the dirt so I`d be leaning toward the k6.91, the same one you`re considering.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you in the world my friend? When I look up Electric Pressures from Karcher on the US website I don`t see any of those model numbers.

After repairing mine a few times and speaking with those who sell and service these things. I`d be looking for one that has a metal pump instead of plastic.

Something else that might help is if your state if your just washing cars or want to do some other things around the house as well. One doesn`t really need a uber pressure washer for cleaning cars, it`s overkill and risks damaging the paint.

Cleaning Siding, the Deck, concrete/brick walks on the other hand are a different manner.

All that said I like the K7.85 M Plus cause it looks sexy (and has a metal pump).

MorBiD

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Cyprus . Europe country. If you see the uk website you can see all of them ..

Karcher UK

I have 4 cars ,so I need it for 2 hous a week max. 90% it is for car wash use ...

The problem is lot of Uk websites give different specs for the same model ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MorBid
    Where are you in the world my friend? When I look up Electric Pressures from Karcher on the US website I don`t see any of those model numbers.

After repairing mine a few times and speaking with those who sell and service these things. I`d be looking for one that has a metal pump instead of plastic.

Something else that might help is if your state if your just washing cars or want to do some other things around the house as well. One doesn`t really need a uber pressure washer for cleaning cars, it`s overkill and risks damaging the paint.

Cleaning Siding, the Deck, concrete/brick walks on the other hand are a different manner.

All that said I like the K7.85 M Plus cause it looks sexy (and has a metal pump).

MorBiD

MorBiD that looks exactly like the Karcher I have that I got from COSTCO. Here is the link for the the US one. K 5.85 M Seems like Karcher just changes the first number for different countries.

BMW Z4 I use mine about as much as you do plus power wash the deck and siding twice a year. I really like this one. Has a lot of features for the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    If somebody finds a high-powered Karcher (or *any* Karcher for that matter) that holds up to serious use I`d love to hear about it. I`ve had such awful experience with my three Karchers that I`m leery of buying another one. If it wasn`t the pump going bad, it was the motor/electronics or the engine (of the gas-powered one). Can`t think of another product line that`s worked out so badly for me....

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much faith in them either, if in the UK try Autobrite for a Kranzle with much better spec for the price.
    Tony

Cherished Car Care

Car Care Matters Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a Karcher that`s about 5 years old. Don`t use it that much but certainly have gotten my $$$ from it. It puts out 100bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Karcher electric I bought 2 years ago...it is a 1750 PSI ..I use it weekly for washing my truck and a fleet od Dump Trucks and Equipment with...I bought it as a reconditioned one and it has worked great for me....I have a Honda gas one..but the Karcher is lite and easy to put in the truck...The trick to having a washer last is to run the pump cleaner and lube thru it once in awhile....I think it makes a big difference in maintaining the life of them....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLINY
    MorBiD that looks exactly like the Karcher I have that I got from COSTCO. Here is the link for the the US one. K 5.85 M Seems like Karcher just changes the first number for different countries.

BMW Z4 I use mine about as much as you do plus power wash the deck and siding twice a year. I really like this one. Has a lot of features for the money.

I also have the same pw from Costco, but it looks like in the UK they have a much bigger variety of products to pick from. They also get the 5.85 like ours, but there are differences between the 5.85, 6.85, and 7.85. I don`t know if the specs are similar to ours since they use the metric system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    The trick to having a washer last is to run the pump cleaner and lube thru it once in awhile....I think it makes a big difference in maintaining the life of them....

Hmm... gotta admit I never tried that :think:

But my electric ones developed electrical issues too...I just can`t win with these things!

Thread Information