Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone on this forum use a vapor steam cleaner on their interior details? It seems that it would work very nice logically, would clean vents very nice, get into tight areas, seat rails, etc. Does it damage some interior piece because of the high heat? It might also eliminate the need for dressings, and would be very allergy friendly. Thinking about purchasing this, any ideas? LadyBug Steamer XL #2300

Thanks,

John

Metopolitan Detail

21619 hwy. 99

Lynnwood, WA 98036

(425)672-8140

Post Thanks / Like
    http://autopia.org/forum/professiona...ips-using.html

read this post you might want to try the search also

Post Thanks / Like
    look at this and read the entire page. It is a great deal!Steam Cleaner - Steam Cleaners - Vapor Cleaner - Commercial Steam Cleaners

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Daimer 300CS steamer with my interior details. I can`t imagine detailing without it now. It works especially great on vents, all the cracks and crevices, around steering columns, center consoles/cupholders, around window switches/radio and A/C controls and carpets. You can even use it to clean windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Works great on all cracks/crevices, steering columns, cupholders, door jambs, upholstery, etc. etc. Cleans and sanitizes without harsh chemicals. BTW, works great on crevices/tight corners of wheels too. Highly recommended for auto detailers.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

I use the Vapormaster 3000 and love it! I`m still practicing. Here`s another use: I hit my lower trim on my Honda Odyssey the other day while polishing. The next day I saw the dried on polish on the trim- taping for now on. Anyway, I fired up the steamer and it quickly removed the product from the trim. I use it on my wheels, and anything interior. Do NOT hit it directly on your headliners. Allow the steam to heat a towel, turn off the steam, and then wipe the headliner- attachment allows you to clamp a towel to it.

Oh ya, I clean my kids` shoes as well!

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    I too use my steamer (Daimer 1500) for all sorts of stuff, including the interior. Just be careful about directly steaming anything that might not handle the temperature too well. The only thing I`ve damaged/melted so far is a plastic hood-prop-rod clip...wouldn`t surprise me if some other plastic stuff (like interior pieces) was equally sensitive. I`ve never had any problems with interior materials, but I`ve been kinda careful too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cheap steam and have not had anything damaged. The temperature coming out of mine isn`t as high as better models though. I like TOL but for $1400 I think there are better steamers out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have ruined a computer keyboard and a lcd panel in my home..be careful around buttons/electronics and especially lcd screens!

I like Accumulator have the Daimer 1500CS, and love it. I originally had a 300CS Daimer unit, which for auto interior detailing would be great, however once I recognized the potential of this unit for cleaning various things around the house/vehicle, I quickly returned it and upgraded. The 300 has great heat and power etc, but it`s just too small and runs out of steam too quickly..I was constantly using it and then sitting there waiting for it to `recharge` and become ready again. The larger unit takes up more space but has so much more working time.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the Vapor Master 3000 as does WCD. If the weather holds up, we have 6 details scheduled for this weekend, and planned on doing a full write up. I will tell you that so far we are more than happy with it. I sound like a broken record, but it takes "clean" to a new level!

Walter

Co-owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using the Vapor Clean TR5, not only on my car, but also in the house, bathrooms, kitchen, my Reebok`s, etc. I also used it to kill the bed creatures in our bed(follow directions). At 300 degrees and 65 PSI, it can work wonders. I took apart my 1995 Audi 90 grille and completely steam cleaned the entire thing. It got grease and dirt out of areas that I could have never reached.

Steam cleaner, steam cleaners, steam cleaning, steam vapor cleaners

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish there were more published resources (or maybe I just haven`t found them) on the where`s and how`s you can use these things. I keep finding new ways and places to clean with it, they are pretty amazing.

What did you do with it in your bed!? Plz explain!

Mine has an attachment to seal over sink drains to sanitize them which is nice..seeing the hot steam blasting out the vent holes etc

Post Thanks / Like
    We did a lot of research before purchasing one. You are correct that there are very few resources about vapor steamers. I have also been finding ways to use the VS around the house. It has pretty much replaced all the chemicals I used before. I steam mopped my hardwood dining area last night, and steamed out the kitchen sink drains.

Lightman- Every bed is going to have dust mites and bed mites. By using the steamer you kill basically kill them. Its funny now that I feel my bed is "cleaner". I usually do it once a week, only takes about 5 mintutes to steam a king size matress, and the best part is that it is dry within minutes! I too am still finding uses for it. I`ve already done just about all the tile and grout in the house, plus all the hardwood. When the weather gets better and I have the time (constant rain) I`ll head outside and do the windows with the squeegee attachment. I`ve already done most of the window inside the house.

Walter

Co-owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I do my kids` shoes after getting dirty. Yesterday a customer had dried gum in a floor mat. It took about 5 seconds for the steam to release the gum from the fibers and then it just flew across my garage floor.

I am waiting for the triangle attachment that has the clamps and new hose. I have done my kids` beds as well because they both have allergies. There was a difference in their health after cleaning their room only once. I also did my bbq grill, which took off years of crud---don`t do this in your garage..turns the floor nice and back and greasy!

Rob

Thread Information