Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi
    I am concerned the Aquawax might interfere with future applications of acylic.

I don`t think there`s any wax in Aquawax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi
    I am concerned the Aquawax might interfere with future applications of acylic.

besides using an acrylic QD, wouldn`t anything you put on top of your current LSP affect future applications of it?

How many applications are you looking to have? Are 2 layers not enough? I think AquaWax is definitely LSP worthy. I`m not one who likes to wax every few weeks. The last time I waxed my car it was more than 5 months ago. But AW is so easy to use that it`s a no brainer. I find myself applying it after every other wash because #1, it`s quick and easy to apply #2 i love its protection compared to the crappy NXT base coat I have underneath it #3 it`s relatively cheap.

If I used Z8 like I do AW, I`d go broke. Funny how the Zaino zealots find clever ways to make it last longer, like diluting it or mixing it with Z6. I don`t want to have to be stingy when it comes to using my own detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like
    [HTML][quote name=`BlackElantraGT`]besides using an acrylic QD, wouldn`t anything you put on top of your current LSP affect future applications of it?[/HTML]

Yes, this is what I was trying to avoid.

[HTML]How many applications are you looking to have? Are 2 layers not enough?[/HTML]

Good question! I just thought that I could keep an acrylic progam pure and good looking without having to add any wax or a product that would inhibit me doing a AJT or Acrylic Glanz boost.

[HTML]I think AquaWax is definitely LSP worthy. I`m not one who likes to wax every few weeks. The last time I waxed my car it was more than 5 months ago. But AW is so easy to use that it`s a no brainer.[/HTML]

I am hearing good things about this product but, not sure yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually use two towels to dry with after an ONR wash. Apply OCW, CJ, or AJT between the first and the second wipe. Takes no time at all, though you could argue that using any of these products on a dry car takes basically no time.
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    LOL, I bet you get to use that line during the week, too!

But I attach "of life" on the end .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    But I attach "of life" on the end .

After you deck out the doctor`s office with a phat lunch spread and tuck those court side Knicks tickets on his inside pocket :lol

For me, I use AquaWax after every wash when the car is dry. Easy as pie to use with looks to match. I love it on my Jetta. It makes it look like I applied a coat of high gloss polyurethane and makes the cranberry color appear real candy-like.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    ...Werkstatt`s Acrylic Jett Trigger can be used as a WAUD product...

confimed by Werkstatt Product Development

I also asked if Prime Stong could be used on windshields and the answer was yes except those that are tinted or film coated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then, the process is to mist the car with the product while it is still wet. After applying the product, dry the car with the WW. I`m right?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maesal
    Then, the process is to mist the car with the product while it is still wet. After applying the product, dry the car with the WW. I`m right?

Thanks.

According to Werkstatt, the only thing to keep in mind is that the Trigger formula is more concentrated than other products sold specifically for this purpose. You will only need one light spray per body panel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aquawax is the way to go. It is actually recommended to be used on a wet surface after washing, although I much prefer to use it on the car after drying. It adds incredible gloss, slickness, and is pretty durable to boot. All that for under $7 is a steal, IMO...
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    besides using an acrylic QD, wouldn`t anything you put on top of your current LSP affect future applications of it?

How many applications are you looking to have? Are 2 layers not enough? I think AquaWax is definitely LSP worthy. I`m not one who likes to wax every few weeks. The last time I waxed my car it was more than 5 months ago. But AW is so easy to use that it`s a no brainer. I find myself applying it after every other wash because #1, it`s quick and easy to apply #2 i love its protection compared to the crappy NXT base coat I have underneath it #3 it`s relatively cheap.

If I used Z8 like I do AW, I`d go broke. Funny how the Zaino zealots find clever ways to make it last longer, like diluting it or mixing it with Z6. I don`t want to have to be stingy when it comes to using my own detailing products.

Actually the reason that " zealots" dilute Z8 is because it is a very concentrated heat activated product and in humid climates can streak. Diluting it makes it easier to apply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Actually the reason that " zealots" dilute Z8 is because it is a very concentrated heat activated product...

Heat activated? So it can`t be used in winter? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    Aquawax is the way to go. It is actually recommended to be used on a wet surface after washing, although I much prefer to use it on the car after drying. It adds incredible gloss, slickness, and is pretty durable to boot. All that for under $7 is a steal, IMO...

It sounds really good! I am really a little confused. For the folks who taut it, is it because of a belief that it is the best WAUD or because it would not interfere with future acrylic applications and it is the best WAUD?

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone else is ignorant about Aquawax, http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...hlight=aquawax this thread should help.

Thanks all for the responses!

Post Thanks / Like
    Malachi...AW is one of the best spray on sealants for the price...and it will not hinder another coat of acrylic...I have used it on Klasse SG and applied a coat of SG 2 weeks later over the AW with no problem...that car still looks good and beads well ..as I see it every day at work..

It works best on a dry surface ..trust me..the looks are great..if you need to do a quick wash like you say..try to dry as much as you can off and then use AW to do the final wipe down...that way it is not that diluted..

I find when using AW the dirt just washes off so easy with the spray and pay wash..

used as a system using 105 sealant...901 shampoo and AW is great..I used it this winter and it gave me the best winter protection yet....been close to 6 months since I applied it and still looking great and beading close to day 1 ...used AW twice in 6 months due to not being able to wash due to snow and frigid weather..

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information