Thread: Cyclo Polisher

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys I am sure this has been talked about before sorry if I am asking again but what is so special about these machines and the porter cables is there a difference in the two will they give you a much better finish ?????are they worth the money

Post Thanks / Like
    cardreams- Welcome to Autopia!

This thread is getting plenty of views but no repsonses, and I suspect that`s because nobody wants to be the jerk who says "go do a search". OK, I`ll be the bad guy and say to do that

We`ve gone over this in great detail a number of times, with some pretty strong opinions on both sides of the argument.

Cliff`s notes (maybe because I feel bad about telling you to search...that sounds like such a blow-off): PC is better when you need variable speeds and for use with Klasse AIO. Also when you have weird panel contours or are concerned about cost. Otherwise I`d choose the Cyclo every time- IMO it`s simply a better machine and it`s made for polishing vehicles (the PC is a finish sander adapted to the polishing job). My older Cyclo is 20-some years old and holding up great; I sent it back to the factory for a rebuild a while ago and they said it didn`t really need anything (they did a little work on it after I said "hey, you`ve already got it, do *something*"). My PCs don`t hold up as well. The Cyclo doesn`t vibrate the way the PC does, and for many people this makes all the difference when they`re spending a lot of time using the machine.

I have PCs, rotaries, and Cyclos, and I reach for the Cyclos more often than the others combined. And I actually *enjoy* using the Cyclos, which is more than I can say about the others. But check out the threads comparing the different machines and see what others say...it sorta boils down to personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like
    cardreams, are you asking because you don`t have any machine and are contemplating which one to purchase, PC or Cyclo? If yes get PC first because Cyclo is an icing on the cake, it never fully replaces the cake. Search on my posts with `Cyclo` as term will provide you with details why I feel that way (and I have both, both Cyclo first, I wish it was the other way around, so I am speaking from experience that I paid for).

Post Thanks / Like
    i had the cyclo and sold it after a month and bought the p/c. not because i didnt like the cyclo its because its very bulky and you cant get into tight areas. true the p.c might not last as long but ive known guys who have had the same p/c for 5 years and no problems. and if it brakes after 5 years or so you buy a new one for a hundred bucks or may be cheaper

Thread Information