Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal3
    how does the velcro hold up against the pads? does it seem flimsy, to where it barely holds onto the pads and can un-do itself easy?

It`s really not velcro perse but it works like velcro. Just think if it like super velcro. It grabs the pad and keeps it from slipping. My only concern is if it slips off and your hand keeps moving you may scratch your car. I guess I`ll have to try it out and see how it work. It can undo itself since the pad does not have actual loops like velcro but when you apply pressure it holds on quite nice.

J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie27
    My only concern is if it slips off and your hand keeps moving you may scratch your car.

that`s what i was concerned about as well. the last thing i want to do is use that and apply pressure, only to have it slide off and then grind the velcro/handle right into the finish...

Post Thanks / Like
    Products like liquid polish, tires foams and gels probably wouldn`t be a problem since a lot of pressure isn`t required to apply them. I`m thinking since waxes are thicker and need to be spread out evenly maybe using the handle with wax isn`t a good idea. I`m going to try it out with a wax on flat painted surface before I use it.

J

Post Thanks / Like
    The handle does not even slip a little and I have used it with paste waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    The handle does not even slip a little and I have used it with paste waxes.

That`s great news. I`ll be usings 1Z PP and 476s. Did you use the black applicator for your polishes or waxes?

Post Thanks / Like
    I also want to know about the black foam. Is it safe to use on paint?
    Patrick

05 Colorado Z85 CC 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the black foam for both polishes and waxes. It seems perfectly safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this puppy last weekend with a blue microfiber applicator pad for a quick coat of cleaner wax before spring break trip. Definitely easier on the hands than just a pad, and relatively easy to control around the trim. Pad did not slip off holder even once. This product is an economical alternative to the "polishing pals", perfect for us weekend warriors who are reluctant to leave OTC for boutique products.
    Patrick

05 Colorado Z85 CC 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    They work great with the cyclo pads...I bought some of the red finessing pads with the velcro back from CMA to use with with the handle..

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked one up at Walmart this past weekend. The pads are not the best and I might end up using the orange pad for tire dressings. I just wish the 4 inches of ice would melt so I can try it out. :grinno:
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Wow, that`s pretty interesting, thanks for posting those pics. I wonder if that handle would work with a 4" pad, or if it doesn`t have enough velcro area. That Polishin` Pal is a bit overpriced IMO.
    I dunno Mike, the version of the Polishin` Pal that Danase sells is only about $20 and it comes with four nice 4" pads that you can also use on the PC.

I got mine a few years ago when I won a gift certificate from AG. Although I seldom use the handle I have used the pads on the PC...... but I have that nice handle for if/when I do something by hand.

I`ve seen the Carrand applicator at Wal-Mart and although the handle isn`t as nice as the Polishin` Pal, if it holds a pad securely it is a cheap and locally available alternative to having your hand cramp up from gripping a thin foam or MF applicator pad.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually have 2 Polishin` Pals, Eliot, I just think $20-25 for four 4" pads and a plastic handle is a little pricey. I know the 4" low profile pads sell for $5 each at AG, and that makes the Pal $5...but I still don`t feel like I`m getting $25 worth (or $22 in the case of Danase).

It`s kind of like when you buy those plastic storage boxes...you pay $12 for 18 cents worth of plastic...but they know it`s worth it to you to have that storage box...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a follow-up. I used the Carrand handle this weekend while waxing the car. It worked very well with the foam pad and it didn`t slip once. I`m glad I was using it because I can`t imagine not using it.

J

Post Thanks / Like
    just a heads up... may vary from store to store, but i found these at the .99 cent only store and they had quite a few of them. i picked up a few and while i may not use the velcro handle with the pads they came with, it will come in handy to use with 4" pads when i apply pastes, etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I found and really enjoyed the Viking Speed Applicator I found at K-mart a few months ago. Went back this last week to try and find one to get for my Dad and they don`t seem to carry them anymore. Going to try to look at some Autozone, Oreilly and PepBoys stores.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information