Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the beta sample of Opti-Seal I have is or is extremely close to the soon to be released production version so I am confident that any side by side testing now will still be relevent when Opti-Seal is actually released.

I tried both side by side on the hood of that GMC Denali I sealed a few weeks back (Poorboy`s Polish w/Sealant topped with Werkstatt`s AJ Trigger). Both went on easily as expected and dried pretty quickly to a clear shine (temps in the low 70s, low humidity). Visually, I really couldn`t see any difference, the Opti-Seal side seemed a touch slicker but what will be more important is how the slickness of each holds in the coming weeks. Could be CS wasn`t as fully cured and dry-this was about 45 minutes after application...in any event, both were really slick. I also had a couple of light streaks with CS. I used a new pad but I got them at Pep Boys (Meguiars foam hand pads) and who knows how many people with dirty hands may have touched them before I bought `em (people just love to touch stuff to feel how soft it is!). I am going to get another set of new pads and wash them first since I am pretty sure the streaks were caused by something being on the pads and not the product itself.

I took a picture but you really can`t see a difference between either or even vs Trigger. Doesn`t help that this Denali has some really wicked orange peel. However, I normally wash the Denali conventionally since the owner of the warehouse has a dionized/reverse-osmosis setup there he prefers I use. Ought to be a pretty good durability test, especially since it will probably be late summer before they get it waxed again.

I have a silver BMW X5 and Porsche Carrera Aero to detail tomorrow, probably use Prime as the base and use CS on one and Opti-Seal on the other. He has me out about every 6 months to detail them so both should be good durability test beds as well.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Will be looking forward to the outcome of durability and slickness in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agreed, I would love to see this 2 hand in hand combat :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    With both products.... do you spray the applicator or the car itself? I`m puzzled, considering the tiny amount of product suggested, how you can tell if it`s even been applied.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad we don`t have a way to speed up the 6 month test.:aww:

What consistency is the Opti-Seal? Will it be a spray-on form when released?

This would compete against Trigger, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to the test

I have two going as well. Poliseal + AW vs ZAIO + CS

and

ZAIO + CS vs ZAIO + CS + AW

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but I`m confused.

Are Opti-Seal and Poli-Seal two seperate products. The names seem to be tossed around as if they are the same...

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely interested in seeing a hearing about how they compare. Any idea when the Opti-Seal will be released?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch
    Sorry but I`m confused.

Are Opti-Seal and Poli-Seal two seperate products. The names seem to be tossed around as if they are the same...

:nixweiss

Optiseal is Optimum`s answer to Zaino`s Clearseal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    Optiseal is Optimum`s answer to Zaino`s Clearseal

I wouldn`t say "answer" since Opti-Seal has been in development for a long time. I don`t think either David or Sal had any idea the other was working on a sealant that could be wiped on without having to buff off.

RTexasF-Just a quick spritz of the pad. You can see the both go on with no problems and it is easy to tell when you need to spritz the pad again. Maybe two small sprays for half the hood with each product.

bertmauricio-Opti-Seal is a little thicker than CS. I think Opti-Seal, CS and Trigger basically compete against regular stand alone sealants. All are easier to apply than most traditional sealants but in the end, they are all marketed as stand alone products as well.

twitch-Poli-Seal is a mild polish with sealant, Opti-Seal is a pure sealant with no cleaning power.

Bigpoppa3346-I am hoping some time this month. I am sure Dave at Optimum would have preferred his product come out before Zaino came out with their new sealant but he is the type who won`t put out a product unless he is sure he has it right.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Do we know pricing and release dates yet?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I am hoping some time this month. I am sure Dave at Optimum would have preferred his product come out before Zaino came out with their new sealant but he is the type who won`t put out a product unless he is sure he has it right.

Hmm, if it comes out soon it will definitely be on my list of products to order for spring. Sure sounds like a keeper.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t say "answer" since Opti-Seal has been in development for a long time. I don`t think either David or Sal had any idea the other was working on a sealant that could be wiped on without having to buff off.

Add the new Ultima sealant to that list. Since presumably the base chemicals for these products are made by a chemical company (not a detailing chemical company, a company like Dow, BASF, or a small company of that type), one could postulate that a new polymer technology has made this new class of product possible, and that others may follow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMDX
    Do we know pricing and release dates yet?

I`ve heard $25-30 for a 16 oz bottle. Release date, I don`t know other than it should be very soon.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard $25-30 for a 16 oz bottle. Release date, I don`t know other than it should be very soon.

NICE same money as X product but MORE PRODUCT!!!!!!!!
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information