Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in an apartment and park in a carport. Well the lady who parks on one side does not take care of her car and always hits my car with her door. I noticed plastic marks on my door the other day and further investigation showed color transfer onto her door. Now our parking spots are really narrow and this woman is a big woman and needs lots of room when she gets out of her car so I will give her the benefit of the doubt saying that she is probably not even aware of this. Should I just leave a note on her window-we are on different schedules and do not see one another. I park to one side giving here as much space as possible, I just don`t want to get her ticked and come out to a big dent or key mark on my car!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    why dont you just say to the carport owner to give you a different spot?

Post Thanks / Like
    why not call the police and file a hit and run report? If she`s going to cause even a trace amount of damage to your vehicle and not give you her insurance information so they can have it fixed, she`s technically involved in a hit and run.

Make her aware that her door is hitting your car and if it continues, I highly suggest the above.

Post Thanks / Like
    id confront her, excuse me can you not hit and damage my car thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d just casually walk out one day when going to work, walk up to the door that hits your car, and put a nice dent with my foot in it. Then I would casually walk to my van and go to work. Thats what I would do, but some do say I have anger problems. What are you gonna do

Post Thanks / Like
    You should use her car door as a mold for her face. This may do the trick. :dance

Whose yer DADDY!??!?!?!?! LastDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    give her a discount coupon to Weight Watchers?

Post Thanks / Like
    You might look at those door ding guards that either use suction cups or magnets. Door Ding Guard

DingGuard Ding Guard - The ultimate in vehicle door ding protection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay
    I`d just casually walk out one day when going to work, walk up to the door that hits your car, and put a nice dent with my foot in it. Then I would casually walk to my van and go to work. Thats what I would do, but some do say I have anger problems. What are you gonna do

:funnypost :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    This hits a nerve with me..... You should leave her a note and speak with her if you can. Tell her you want her insurance company name. Report it to them and get your car fixed.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Just leave a nice note. If she refuses to take care of it, call YOUR insurance company with her license plate number and they will contact her insurance. Depending on what state you live in, it could be a "no fault state", in which case it will go through yours anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay
    BTDT. It was in an otherwise uninhabited corner of a parking lot and the car door that dented my then-new 1977 VW Rabbit belonged to a Cadillac. There were literally ROWS of empty parking spaces on that side of the lot and he parked RIGHT NEXT to me. :angry

The dent in my door matched exactly the swing of the Cadi door.

The dent in the Cadi door when I left matched my size 10.5 boot.

Post Thanks / Like
    You may want to check California Car Cover`s website. They had a device that you would adhere with soft magnets to your door, that spans nearly the entire length of your doors, which prevents door dings.

You can also politely inform her face to face of the damage that you noticed on your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I left a note asking her to park towards the right side and I will park towards the left side and then she will have more room to get in and out. Guess what-she parked closer to my car last night. Well I have been really patient, and in my younger days I may have done a little payback as some suggested, but I am trying to be reasonable. What upsets me is that some people have no consideration for other peoples property. It is ok if you want to have your car looking like a pos, but I take care of what I own and that does not give you the right to damage it!!! Now the scuffs were minor and I was able to remove them with buffing for the most part, but I think the next step is to ask for a different parking space and then either buy one of those suction cup/magnet protection plates or call the insurance company-the maybe she will get a hint. The insurance company will probably say that is minor damage for me to be complaining about-but the point is she caused the damage!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just strategically place a cinder block between your cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information