Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worlds Best Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland
    every company says it has the best wax.who do we believe??

Zaino .......................

Post Thanks / Like
    So i guess ASTRONOMY and TORTOISE are Autopia Police.....and think I`m a spammer. If you melon-heads read my first post, the only issue i wanted to bring up is that the big buzzword lately for wax is "Carnauba". My question was is it the "be all and end all" of a great car finish. Then Putz #1 and #2 chime in and accuse me of being a spammer.

I`ll give ASTRONOMY this much, he writes well, but are you 2 joined at the hips cause you respond almost in unison. As for the dialogue about my results and seeing this product being used everywhere at the Toronto Car Show, guess you`ll have to take my word for it "Mr.Police Officer Sir". I`d like to see your badge number and where did ya find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really! used everywhere at the Toronto Car Show. ? Now that is a big claim. Sorry I`m not buying.

I`ve got nothing against someone running a business but claims like that I wouldn`t expect anyone to buy.

Sorry
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    bye bye....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhair
    So i guess ASTRONOMY and TORTOISE are Autopia Police.....and think I`m a spammer. If you melon-heads read my first post, the only issue i wanted to bring up is that the big buzzword lately for wax is "Carnauba". My question was is it the "be all and end all" of a great car finish. Then Putz #1 and #2 chime in and accuse me of being a spammer.

I`ll give ASTRONOMY this much, he writes well, but are you 2 joined at the hips cause you respond almost in unison. As for the dialogue about my results and seeing this product being used everywhere at the Toronto Car Show, guess you`ll have to take my word for it "Mr.Police Officer Sir". I`d like to see your badge number and where did ya find it.
    And with that, you stepped right over the line. I don`t have a badge number, but I do have the username and password to the moderator control panel (as you`re about to find out).

Why don`t you take a few days off from the forum and give this some thought?

Timeout issued.

Tort

(moderator)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to be carefull here that I`m not thought of as in league with anyone lol

I remember seeing this wax a few months ago (maybe even linked from this site). If their site claims are correct then it equates to less than one pound sterling per wax - thats not too bad (is it). btw, am still not big into detailing but think the best tools (mostly) produce the best results?

So, does anybody have links/pics of a good (very good) wax?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Well first off welcome Ecce Signum! :welcome

Regarding your comment on the best tools producing the best results, not to change subjects much (that is reserved for a new topic), best results are created mainly by technique and prep work before a wax. I can have a car looking like something made for show-only and it doesn`t even have a coat of wax or sealant on yet just because of the hours placed in prepping the paint. Granted, waxes and sealants do add even more visual results and each wax has different opinions on it. LSPs are the only products I havn`t gone crazy on because of this very reason and I am just starting to get into $$ LSPs (there`s a topic by me on this matter) but I can say that my personal favorite at this moment for waxes are Natty`s Blue Paste Wax and Soft99 Premium (hard to get).

You can find quite a few pictures of results in the Click & Brag section of Autopia`s forums
    - Garrett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCloud27
    Well first off welcome Ecce Signum! :welcome

Regarding your comment on the best tools producing the best results, not to change subjects much (that is reserved for a new topic), best results are created mainly by technique and prep work before a wax. I can have a car looking like something made for show-only and it doesn`t even have a coat of wax or sealant on yet just because of the hours placed in prepping the paint. Granted, waxes and sealants do add even more visual results and each wax has different opinions on it. LSPs are the only products I havn`t gone crazy on because of this very reason and I am just starting to get into $$ LSPs (there`s a topic by me on this matter) but I can say that my personal favorite at this moment for waxes are Natty`s Blue Paste Wax and Soft99 Premium (hard to get).

You can find quite a few pictures of results in the Click & Brag section of Autopia`s forums

Also Welcome to Autopia, Ecce Signum!

Here`s a link to some work done by a fellow countryman of yours (I think). Search his username as well in the Click and Brag section and you`ll see some really outstanding work. You may want to make a note of the products he uses, but I have to agree with GMCloud27 that "best results are created mainly by technique and prep work before a wax."

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...l-vintage.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the links, its strange but the more I read the more confused I get damn tricky thing this detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailing is a great hobby/pastime and some days not a bad vocation. The best advice you can follow is that the prep work is the most important part of the process. It is more important than the "WAX". Unfortunately there is a lot of hype that follows some products and just like a carnival vendor there are firms that try to work the hype.

This forum is a terrific source of knowledge and if you review entries in the "click and brag" forum you will learn the products that are being used by the professionals and advanced hobbyists. It is a great place to learn and you will learn that there are not necessarily easy successes just because you chose one product. It is a complete process and you will learn how to produce the results you wish.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, it`s easy once you get the basics down If you ever need some product help, I`ll send you a little gift that will hopefully be a good guide to what to buy and where at for the best prices and product notes from experience
    - Garrett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information