Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaph00l
    Somebody said, clay, FP2, JW prime and then AJT and that should look good, be durable, and protect pretty well. Usually JW AJ looks great but maybe a carnuaba would add a little more wetness or w/e, your choice.

Question... Why are you guys suggesting prime strong over prime?

Alex

Prime Strong has a bit more cut.

I`d definitely go with Werkstatt over Klasse. Easier to use, deeper shine and for me, it has also been more durable.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    a 07 ?? Pinnacle Souveran... then go with a sealant this summer...

Post Thanks / Like
    AJT looks quite good as far as sealants. i use it all the time on my cars. If your red car has a metal flake component to the paint and you want to use a wax, give FK Pink Wax a try. I have a garnet red pearl Subaru and it makes the metal flake pop more than any of my other waxes. It`s quite a dramatic difference......not that my other waxes don`t make the car look good, just that the PW makes the metal flake aspect shine a bit more, whereas the others sort of mute that aspect but give a deeper wet look versus the shiny candy metal flake look.

To me, the effect of a carnuba can vary dramatically depending on the color/composition of the paint you`re putting it on. Experimentation will show you what works best for your car.....and more importantly what aspect of your paint you wish to emphasize

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally had a chance this past week to polish and seal the new Honda CRV. After much research and considering suggestions, I decided to use Jeffs Werkstatt Prime:Strong to clear up the minor swirls and scuffs, then topped that with Werkstatt AJT.

I used a Waxmaster DA polisher that I have adapted to use a Velco backing plate. I chose to use a white polishing pad with the Prime:Strong. This combination I would say corrected at least 95% of the flaws, viewed in several different kinds of lighting (300W incandesents, 150W halogens, 500W halogens and sunlight). Swirls are all but impossible to find, but one horizontal line across the back of the hood, that is visible at some angles, I could not completely remove.

I worked the PS until it almost completely cleared out which is what Jeffs recommended. I found that doing this did cause a fair amount of dusting, but residue clean up was easy.

The AJT I applied by hand with a microfiber applicator, and worked it until it had in most cases cleared out. I used a plush microfiber towel for a final cleanup. The AJT is extremely easy to use.

Here are some pictures:

[attachment=6998:11711.attach]

[attachment=7000:11713.attach]

I have since added several layers of AJT to the hood, and have done 2 layers on the sides. I have also used the Jeffs Acrylic Glos Detailer to remove dust between layering and that worked great also.

Most of my past experience has been with 3M Swirl Mark Remover and Klasse Sealant Glaze. The Jeffs products worked much easier and gave me a better finish. I love layering that AJT!

Duke
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information