Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Call me crazy, but I -really- like this stuff...works very well with a LC white polishing pad, or a 3m polishing pad (ha, go figure). I find it works great for giving dark cars a quick "pop" shine...it -really- works well on dark blue GM cars.

Don`t get me wrong, I like my menzerna, but the 473ml bottles, give me a break! I`m still working on getting some Optimum polish once the summer pulls around.

Before anyone comments on OP or menzerna, who else likes 3m perfect-it products?

Post Thanks / Like
    is this the 3m glaze sold by autogeeK?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    IBAccumulator.

PIII Machine Glaze was one of the first polishes I used that gave me the results I was after. Great polish (if a little dusty at times), capable of truly removing light to moderate swirls and leaving a great LSP-ready finish . . . however, the bad news is that it`s been discontinued due to VOC content. I`ve got about 3/4 qt. left; if you really like the stuff, you may want to buy a qt. or two before they disappear from the shelves.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh heh, yeah, I always show up on PI-III threads

I too still *REALLY* like both the PI-III RC 05933 and the PI-III MG 05937. While I`ll use a stronger product for serious correction and a milder one for a finer finish (on *some* paints but not all by any means), these two are probably still my two favorite abrasive products (qand yeah, I also have a lot of the supposedly "better" products to compare with).

Yeah they dust a little, but I still find them incredibly user-friendly by rotary/PC-Cyclo/hand. Perhaps it`s just because I`ve been using them since forever so I`m very familiar with `em.

My local autobody/paint supply place still had some the last time I was there, maybe I oughta get another few gallons..

Post Thanks / Like
    discontinued!! OH NO! I better quit hmm`in about it and just get some!

Post Thanks / Like
    3m IMG is good stuff. Works great on black cars. Gives the nice wet look.
    A clean car runs better

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMDX
    is this the 3m glaze sold by autogeeK?

I`d guess that they`re selling something else. All the typical sources for the PI-III stuff have dried up.

Note that 3M has a lot of products with similar names (even if the actual products are *very* different). The PI-III MG 05937 (05938 in gallons) isn`t a real "glaze", it`s a mildly abrasive polish that, as best I can tell, doesn`t leave anything significant behind (it doesn`t "fill" in my experience).

Invigor- Heh heh, only problem might be that you`ll *really* like the stuff, not be able to get more, and have to relearn with something you could`ve just started with like Menzerna or Optimum. Or you could just "accumulate" enough to last forever

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure is pleasant to hear some positive comments on 3M, I was on the fence about getting some 05937 - according to my chart it`s equal to Meg`s #80 and I already started collecting Meg`s products even though I`m not all that impressed with them. I`m going to get some at my local CarQuest before they disappear. Now, if the weather would just warm up......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Sure is pleasant to hear some positive comments on 3M, I was on the fence about getting some 05937 - according to my chart it`s equal to Meg`s #80......

FWIW I have `em both on the shelf, don`t have anything against the #80, but I reach for the 05937 instead. In part that`s because the #80 does more concealing than I usually want, what with all its Trade Secret Oils and its "Paintable Polymer Protection". #80 does tend to deepen/darken the finish a bit more though (again, because of the stuff it leaves behind).

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s it, 3M! Thanks Accumulator. I want a compound to get the crap out (swirls-scratches, etc) and a polish to ...well, polish, make the paint ready for my DG105. I don`t want anything left behind after polishing. If I wanted to use a glaze, I would add that step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I`d guess that they`re selling something else. All the typical sources for the PI-III stuff have dried up.

Note that 3M has a lot of products with similar names (even if the actual products are *very* different). The PI-III MG 05937 (05938 in gallons) isn`t a real "glaze", it`s a mildly abrasive polish that, as best I can tell, doesn`t leave anything significant behind (it doesn`t "fill" in my experience).

Invigor- Heh heh, only problem might be that you`ll *really* like the stuff, not be able to get more, and have to relearn with something you could`ve just started with like Menzerna or Optimum. Or you could just "accumulate" enough to last forever

AutoGeek doesn`t carry it. If you want you can do a search on 3M 05937( qt) or 05938(gallon), these are the machine glaze.

The last time I checked there were a couple of companies still selling both.

The 3M 05933 rubbing compound is/was a lot harder for me to find I had to order on line at a stiff price.

Everyones best bet is to check locally for both products, however in Frederick Maryland you will not find any!:grinno:

I do know that there are some places overseas that still carry it, maybe it wasn`t discontinued over there, I don`t know.

Accumulator I think I have enough for some time to come 1 gal of 05938 and 4 quart bottles of 05933. After I bought the 1 gt of 05933 on line, the local place called me and said they had found 3 gt bottles and wanted to know if I wanted it for $8.00 per bottle, guess what I said:woot: :grinno:

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    That`s it, 3M! Thanks Accumulator. I want a compound to get the crap out (swirls-scratches, etc) and a polish to ...well, polish, make the paint ready for my DG105. I don`t want anything left behind after polishing. If I wanted to use a glaze, I would add that step.

Junebug, that last sentence is exactly how I look at it. I do intend to add a glaze by the way.

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    There seems to be a problem with products names. A "Glaze" should have no abrasive materials in it. It should just make the car deep and wet looking. A "polish" is a true cleaner of paint surfaces. But this doesn`t always hold true. RMG does clean the surface. Wow my brain is fried..............
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    There seems to be a problem with products names. A "Glaze" should have no abrasive materials in it. It should just make the car deep and wet looking. A "polish" is a true cleaner of paint surfaces. But this doesn`t always hold true. RMG does clean the surface. Wow my brain is fried..............

That`s about how I felt when Accumulator was explaining things to me, welcome to the club!

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Do ya`ll think that a "glaze" adds that much? I`ve got XMT glaze, WG glaze, and Meg`s #7 (never used) glaze. I worry, maybe incorrectly that adding a glaze step will cause my sealer not to bond properly. I know this ain`t an issue with carnubas or Meg`s 21 - but I`m sold on DG 105 and that`s my LSP of choice for my car. THe cars I do for others, well I`m trying to use up my WG sealer although I like it, it`s pricey. And for the most part I skip the WG glaze step - tried it once and I couldn`t tell any difference except it added another step.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information