Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
    If I remember correctly Final Inspection has a small alcohol content which can degrade LSP performance.

Anyone else remember reading this?

You might`ve stumbled across one of my older threads. I always suspected that it contained alcohol, but Mike Phillips (of meguiar`s) took me to task for saying that. He tried to differentiate between "alcohol" and whatever`s actually in #34, but the difference struck me as more a matter of terminologly/semantics than anything else- a splitting of hairs that would only make sense to somebody who stayed awake during their college chem courses Sorry, but I don`t remember the specific details.

So...NO it doesn`t contain "alcohol" but something in it (I suspect the avaporative carrier)*can* strip/degrade an almost-already-dead LSP. NO problem on a remotely healthy one, but if it`s nearly dead the #34 will finish it off whereas other QDs will do the opposite and help it hang on.

I too use it to remove polish residue when buffing, absolutely *love* it for that and I buy it by the gallon. I also use it to gently clean lightly soiled surfaces, especially fragile ones (including antiques and other household-type things). But for imparting gloss and slickness, IMO there are a lot of better choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t really give a great gloss, and overall I prefer Last Touch as it is dilutable and costs less. Good as a clay lube and light cleaning(however I never use a QD on an even lightly dusty panel), but if you are looking for an awesome gloss QD, then I would reccomend FK #425. I love that stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information