Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 2007 Pontiac G6 in October of last year, and ordered it with “Ebony Nuance Leatherâ€, and I have still yet to clean/condition the seats.

How do I determine what type of leather I have, so I can choose the right cleaner/conditioner?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not suede or any other type of special leather. Its just pigmented leather. Use youre usual leather cleaner and leather conditioner. Sonus or Wolfgang, Duragloss, Mothers, etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know. I’ve been contemplating using OTC cleaners and conditioners (Meguiar’s, Mothers, etc) vs. using something along the lines of Lexol.

I read in another post, that in some cars only portions of the front seats are actual leather, and the rest (along with all of the rear seats) are cheaper imitation materials.

If I end up ordering the Lexol Cleaner, and Conditioner, would I be okay to use these products over the entire seating surfaces?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexol will do fine on all the surfaces. You will be able to tell which panels are leather and which are vinyl by how the product "takes" to the surface. You`ll see that it mostly sits on the vinyl, whereas it is otherwise absorbed by the leather. Just buff these areas with a dry towel and keep going.

I like the Poorboy`s Leather Stuff. Cleanses lightly and conditions too. Has a real nice smell and goes on easy.

The Meguiar`s bottle that is a creme/conditioner (black bottle) is pretty good as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any sense in using a different product for the vinyl surfaces? Or will the Lexol be beneficial for both materials?

I`ve never cleaned/conditioned leather before, but I do like the idea of a two-stage process as opposed to a combination product, so I`m thinking Lexol might be the way to go...

Thread Information