Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Menzerna polishes and have been quite impressed by the results but have not tried Optimum products. Who`s got experience with both and what`s your impressions of the two when compared.

Flish

Post Thanks / Like
    Both are excellent products. For correction, I much prefer Optimum over Menzerna, as the Optimum has a loooonnngg working time and is able to remove more defects. It also doesn`t dust. However, for final finishing, I prefer Menzerna because it can burnish the paint like no other.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use both.

Optimum for the prep/clean-up and Menzerna FPII for the finish.

I like the way Optimum works with a Makita, you can do serious correction with their products. They also finish excellent if you choose.

I like the way Menzernal FPII works with a Porter Cable and a Blue Edge 2000 pad.

That is my standard procedure these days. Optimum with a rotary to 99% perfect then Menzerna FPII and a Porter Cable to 110%. It really speeds things up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like to use OHP or OC then followed by FP. One of my favorite polishing combos. As stated before Optimum give a long working time and does not dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like both product lines but use Optimum because it doesn`t dust. Now that Poli-Seal is out, Optimum also has a great finishing polish like FP that also protects or makes an excellent base for your LSP.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both ranges of products, but my personal prefernce is the Menzerna line for both defect correction and finishing, though both products are very good... When I talk about the Menzernas here, I am referring to the ceramiclear range whihc alo have a very long work time thanks to the good lube content of the polishes and I find them very effective on ahrd and soft finishes.

The Optimu polishes I also really like, again thanks to their long work time and good correction abilities. I really like a polishi with a long work time, so the Opimums fit the bill perfectly...

Its all going to be horses for courses at the end of the day - both the product lines are excellent... I have both, and personally I always find myself reaching for the Menzerna but thats just my personal preference.
    "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like it`s spliting hair with these two in terms of performance and quality. I`m currently enjoying great results with Menzerna`s polishes so I think I`ll stay with them until something better comes along.

Thanks for all the help.

Flish

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know where I can order products from the Menzerna Ceramiclear Line shipped to the US? Not including Po106FF, which is already available here.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, nothing finishes better than 106FF, or FPII for that matter.

Optimum has a great line, but for final polishing, IMO *nothing* beats Menzerna.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioman
    Anyone know where I can order products from the Menzerna Ceramiclear Line shipped to the US? Not including Po106FF, which is already available here.

A little expensive maybe?:nixweiss

Clean Your Car - the best car wax, car polish and car care products UK

They ship to US and have Meg`s #16:bounce
    06 SAAB 9-3 SC

04 SAAB 9-3 AERO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi

Optimum has a great line, but for final polishing, IMO *nothing* beats Menzerna.

I completely agree.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^agree....I think the difference from OP an FPII are hands down better with FPII...

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are on the fence and looking to fall to one side, this is a pretty good fence to be on. I Use FMJ almost exclusively now. But both Menzerna and Optimum make great products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi

poli seal in my eyes matches 106ff. have you tried?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave KG
    I have both ranges of products, but my personal prefernce is the Menzerna line for both defect correction and finishing, though both products are very good... When I talk about the Menzernas here, I am referring to the ceramiclear range whihc alo have a very long work time thanks to the good lube content of the polishes and I find them very effective on ahrd and soft finishes.

The Optimu polishes I also really like, again thanks to their long work time and good correction abilities. I really like a polishi with a long work time, so the Opimums fit the bill perfectly...

Its all going to be horses for courses at the end of the day - both the product lines are excellent... I have both, and personally I always find myself reaching for the Menzerna but thats just my personal preference.

I second that.

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information