Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the difference between Menzerna 106FF and Final FinishII? Where can I get a good deal for Menzerna products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LX_Blake
    What is the difference between Menzerna 106FF and Final FinishII? Where can I get a good deal for Menzerna products.

I think 106FF is the newest product in the line.

I got mine from proper auto care.

http://www.properautocare.com/mengerbespol.html

Post Thanks / Like
    In addition, how strong is Final Finish II compare to PB SSR1 or XMT #1?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like both lines, but like it`s been said before, there is no replacement for FPII or 106FF or 85RD as a finishing polish.

As far as compounds go, PG and IP are easily a generation behind OHC and OC. I don`t miss PG`s gumming and concrete-like sling at all. OHC takes longer to work in than PG, but I don`t have to choose between taping and spending 45 minutes on cleanup anymore.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definately choose menzerna po106ff. Does dust a little bit, but is well worth the razor sharp glow left behind. OP takes too long to break down and the finish is just ok. I have not tried the new version yet but I do have it in my collection. I was not happy with the old formula as it left a dull marred surface. I hope the new formula is better. I did like the fact that it did not dust though!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, the 106FF cost approx. $50.00. I might just go with Menzerna Final Polish II instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, the 106FF cost approx. $50.00. I might just go with Menzerna Final Polish II instead.
    Or you can try Blackfire`s version that comes in smaller bottle to reduce the sticker shock.

Post Thanks / Like
    tdekany:

Sorry I was reading something else. My bad. I will order Polyseal when then new optimum sealants is realesed.

Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    I like both lines, but like it`s been said before, there is no replacement for FPII or 106FF or 85RD as a finishing polish.

As far as compounds go, PG and IP are easily a generation behind OHC and OC. I don`t miss PG`s gumming and concrete-like sling at all. OHC takes longer to work in than PG, but I don`t have to choose between taping and spending 45 minutes on cleanup anymore.

The new Menzerna IP PO85RD3.02 SRC is much better then any Optimum compound I have used. I polished a Mercedes CLK this fall and OHC did almost nothing on that paint.

And PO85RD3.02 did the job very quick and with a very glossy and shiny paint.

But the old Menzerna IP(PO91L) that you guys have in the states is maybee a generation behind Optimum. But not the PO85RD3.02.

PO85RD.02 is a upgraded version of PO85RD3.01(wich is the Blackfire SCR compound but with added lubrication]. The RD3.02 have more poweder to work faster then RD3.01.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Menzerna IP and FPII, as well as Optimum Polish (I also have OC and OHC, which I haven`t cracked the seal on yet.)

I`m obviously in the minority, but I have not had great results from IP and FPII. I`ve tried both on rotary and PC. German cars, Japanese cars...I`ve given IP and FPII a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance and always find myself reaching for something else. After reading all the praise I begin to think I`m doing something wrong...but then all the other polishes I use work as expected. :nixweiss

I don`t know. For some reason me and Menzerna don`t get along.

I may one day try 106ff, but I just bought another bottle of OP along with some OC and OHC. So until those run out...

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me about it :shocked

But if its as good as people say it is I`m thinking i`ll buy a bottle and split it with someone locally or something

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried Optimum but as I have said many times onthis forum Men. PO85RD leaves a finish you hate to add a LSP to!!!!!!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    :nixweiss Poli-Seal may not be as cystal clear in appearance as 106FF but the clarity is close and it has a deeper, richer look that I prefer.

Wouldn`t a better comparison be FPII or 106 topped with FMJ vs straight polish? With Poli-Seals sealant properties don`t you have to assume there is some measure of cover-up going on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    ...Men. PO85RD leaves a finish you hate to add a LSP to!!!!!!

I`ve heard exactly this about the FK1 336NG too. Unfortunately, I haven`t tried it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenrd
    I`ve used Menzerna IP and FPII, as well as Optimum Polish (I also have OC and OHC, which I haven`t cracked the seal on yet.)

I`m obviously in the minority, but I have not had great results from IP and FPII. I`ve tried both on rotary and PC. German cars, Japanese cars...I`ve given IP and FPII a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance and always find myself reaching for something else. After reading all the praise I begin to think I`m doing something wrong...but then all the other polishes I use work as expected. :nixweiss

I don`t know. For some reason me and Menzerna don`t get along.

I may one day try 106ff, but I just bought another bottle of OP along with some OC and OHC. So until those run out...

Perhaps we can get together sometime and I can show you the ropes??
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    I`ve heard exactly this about the FK1 336NG too. Unfortunately, I haven`t tried it yet.

I need to plase an order with fk1 - I`ll try to get a sample size and let you know.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information