Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, in two weeks I have my first car with a upholstery interior. Thus far I`ve only done leather, and the z9/z10 combo has worked well so far. I purchased this brush from autogeek for spot cleaning:

OXO Carpet Brush Spotter: Clean up carpet stains with OXO`s Carpet Brush Spotter & a carpet cleaner!

I was curious if simple green or resolve (both diluted with water) were a good combo to use in conjunction with this product? I`ve never cleaned upholstery before so feel free to tell me if I`m dead wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not use Simple Green. Resolve maybe, but there are better options. I am assuming you do not have a carpet extractor. I would go with a foam type product, so you do not get the upholstery and carpet too wet. Stoners Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is a foam cleaner that works well.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    I would not use Simple Green. Resolve maybe, but there are better options. I am assuming you do not have a carpet extractor. I would go with a foam type product, so you do not get the upholstery and carpet too wet. Stoners Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is a foam cleaner that works well.

Interesting... I assume these foams help "lift" the stains out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the foam helps to lift the dirt. The big benefit of the foam is that the carpet does not get too wet.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Danforz, are you going to be doing the carpet as well as the seats? While the foam cleaner may work reasonably well, I couldn`t in good conscience leave all those residual chemicals and dirt sitting there in the fibers of the seats/carpet..they won`t be nearly as clean/feel as good, and will get dirtier/wear faster with all the junk still in there. If a pro quality extractor is not part of the picture right now, I`d suggest at a minimum going to target and forking over the $89 for the bissel little green proheat machine...this will at least allow you to rinse the chemicals out and will yield much better results than with just foam and a brush.

Post Thanks / Like
    I belive that you shouldnt get your seats to wet, and a machine like Bissels will soak your seats.Seats are made of a thin fabric, there is no deep cleaning of seats. The deep part of your seats is the foam, and you dont want to get that wet. Their are many cleaners to use, some are foam, some are liquids. All you have to do is just spray and wipe. If there are stains use a brush and then wipe off. when dry you can revacuum. I did my seats with a steam cleaner once, and they look great but every time it was humid out the dirt would wick from the foam , and the seats would get dirty again.

Post Thanks / Like
    K... so i`ll grab the stoner`s carpet cleaning foam and use that in conjunction with resolve (sprayed into the resevore of the spot cleaner). I don`t have the funds to purcahse a $100 piece of machinery for something I won`t be doing very often (most my vehicles have leather)

Post Thanks / Like
    Do yourself a favor. Go to Target and pick up a bottle of Folex carpet cleaner.

This stuff got out an oil stain from my seat that had been there for about 8 years or so. I had tried many other methdos to get it out and even had it "professionally" cleaned and nothing.

Folex spray... fifteen minutes later stain was gone.

Thread Information