Post Thanks / Like

I`m trying to decide if its worth a try, I really like sheepskin for soap/water washing and a Viking mf mitt for ONR washes, how does this style mitt compare? My Jeep gets very dirty and I want something that releases dirt well

Post Thanks / Like
    By looking at a pic I can`t really tell if it`s a quality microfiber or not. You could use a MF applicator for washing with ONR, that seems to work pretty well for me. You could use that MF mitt if you wanted to, just be careful-if it`s not good quality it`s just gunna mess up your paint big time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those look really cool! Being a MF it should do a good job. Where do you get them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Those look like the ones the local Costco is selling. They seem to be OK, they seem to release dirt pretty well. They must`ve used a lot of dye because after 2-3 washes, they still leave the bucket water the color of the mitt, though faint. No complaints here. I think they were $12 for 3 with a medium sized MF for drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it holds A LOT of water, so by the time you`re done washing the car your arm is sore from dragging around a 5lb weight...but otherwise, it works very well and grabs the dirt off in 1 swipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    the orange one looks identical to the Vroom brand that Target sells. they seem decent...very soft.
    2007 Lexus IS350 | Tungsten Pearl

2012 Honda Accord LX-S | Polished Metal Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kpounds
    Those look really cool! Being a MF it should do a good job. Where do you get them?
    that pic is from Griot`s Garage.

I picked up one from Advanced Auto, to cold to try it today, but it held allot of water when I was washing the mitt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by useth4z
    Those look like the ones the local Costco is selling. They seem to be OK, they seem to release dirt pretty well. They must`ve used a lot of dye because after 2-3 washes, they still leave the bucket water the color of the mitt, though faint. No complaints here. I think they were $12 for 3 with a medium sized MF for drying.

I also noticed my local Costco started carrying some car care products again, including these mf chenille mitts. I might pick some up just to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Target and Walmart both sell them (under the Vroom and Microtex brands) both as mitts and sponges.. I love them for ONR, and they`re not bad for conventional washing either.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks exactly like the chenille mitt I purchased a while back, but never use anymore. I much prefer the traditional style of chenille. The "mop looking" version has a rough feel to it and imo doesn`t hold soap/water nearly as well as the regular chenille.

Post Thanks / Like
    They`re much looser-fitting than sheepskin mitts are. I bought the ones from Griot`s a while back out of curiosity. The dye also turned my rinse water green, which was kind of disturbing. I`d just make sure to wash them before using for the first time. They`re not too bad. Overall though, I prefer sheepskin and sea sponges. I tend to think mf clings to dirt more easily. (By the way, Griot`s has one of the best sheepskin mitts IMO. Their mitt and soap go really well together.)
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a 3 pack with the extra large MF towel from Costco and it`s currently in the wash. I went to wash it a 2nd time using plain water this time and I noticed one of the mitt already has all this cotton on the inside of the mitt coming apart. I`ll wait to see what they look like when they`re dry but I just might end up returning them.

They also had a 6 pk of Detailer`s Paradise (Eurow) microfiber mitts that had really short naps for 6 bucks and some change, but I didn`t pick any of those up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the orange one - got it at Target, works good except it does get heavy when it`s full of water.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a similar one made from cotton and found that the mop strands tend so miss some of the dirt.

Thread Information