Post Thanks / Like
    I just recieved my order of foam core WW towels from Scott at Specialty Motoring Product in Houston. It was fast an efficient service and delivery.

The reason for the thread is that I was talking about ideas that come to my head about different kind of products with Scott. I had asked him why the foam core towel is not the talk of the forums. I personally think it is a great towels for all kinds of different processes. It is, of course, a drying towel first. I also use it with S&W for a quick detail. I have found it to be a good towel for S&G applications as well. Of course, I know that this is just my opinion of the product.

Now I am looking for opinions from other detailers as to what they like or dislike about the product. It is a bulky towel. Some may not like that fact. For me the thicker towel is easier to handle with my fat hands and fingers. It is very comfortable for me to hold. I like the foam because it holds the product so, as you continue with the wipe down, less product can be used for each panel.

I also asked Scott about the possibility of a towel like the DMT towel could not be made with the foam core. I would be very interested in the towel for Beta testing. He said he would make inquiries into the possibility. I told him that I would be willing to spend my money on the Beta product. In this case I am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Is there anyone out that that is intrigued with this idea as much as I am?
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t heard of this towel before CW. I would assume that it is bulky as you stated since it is basically two WW`s between a piece of foam. I`d be interested in your views on how well this works as a drying towel compared to other WW`s you`ve used. Does the foam absorb water and aid in the drying? I`m also interested in how well a thin piece of foam will hold up in a towel, and if you can wring it out by hand w/o damage.

The DMT you mention (for the benefit of those who might not know) is the Poorboy`s Deluxe Mega Towel, which is a great MF (I just received a 12 pack the other day). I`m not sure how well those would work with a foam core, but you really should try a Paradise Monster Fluffy sometime. It is basically two towels sewn together to create one of the softest, and most fluffy, MF`s I have laid my hands on.

Thanks for bringing this new WW to our attention!
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Idea sounds great, but I too am curious how well the foam will hold up.

Cwcad, have you tried any other foam core WW towels? Any comment on longevity?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Eliot, this one`s been out for a while, it`s sold other places as well, and I believed reviewed here. I would give an opinion but I haven`t used mine yet!

EDIT: Here it is: http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...ight=foam+core

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks just like the mothers one...i use the mothers towel and think its great

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mother`s was reviewed here http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...ight=foam+core and seems to be slightly larger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Eliot, this one`s been out for a while, it`s sold other places as well, and I believed reviewed here. I would give an opinion but I haven`t used mine yet!

EDIT: Here it is: http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...ight=foam+core
    Thanks for the link Mike, somehow I missed that one. I guess I`d better order two or three of these..... does anyone know if SMP has a discount code?
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont care for it. I find it hard to manage, and "STICKY"......Ive only used it a handful of times for this reason. Im just a little ol fashioned I guess Kirk.....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several sources for these, or perhaps similar towels, as was mentioned. Viking, Mother`s, SMP...did AG stop selling theirs? I thought that was where I got mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    Thanks for the link Mike, somehow I missed that one. I guess I`d better order two or three of these..... does anyone know if SMP has a discount code?

Go to there site and then give him a call. He always gives me a 10% discount for being a DC member.

The towel has held up well for me. I wash it after every use. It has been over a year. there are a few strands on the towel itself that were cause because I got it hooked on an emblem. I just cut them off and go back to work.

I agree with ZaneO on the review thread. It does push a little water but it works great as a follow up after a Guzzler WW towel to wipe up all the spots that seem to appear after the inital wipedown.

I use S&W a lot so it is my favorite towel to use for the inital wipe down then follow up with a nice plush MF towels to dry.

Steveo3002, I have the Mother`s Towel as well. Both are excellent towels.

The only reason that I ordered more of these towels is that I gave away my stockpile to friends over the last year to see what the thought of them.
    cwcad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    I dont care for it. I find it hard to manage, and "STICKY"......Ive only used it a handful of times for this reason. Im just a little ol fashioned I guess Kirk.....

I have heard that complaint before. I do not find that difficult to believe. Ihave the same problem with small towels for the reason that I mentioned....Fat fingers and hands that are a little slow to get co-ordinated.

Remember, I did ask for opinions.
    cwcad

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    WalMart sells a Viking smooth MF foam core towell for $6

Post Thanks / Like
    After using them for a longer period of time, I can say that they hold TONS of water, and yes, they are a bit bulky. I`ve found one *major* drawback: they are very hard to rinse clean. As they hold the detergents very well, the rinse water remains sudsy for 3-4 cycles. Therefore, I`m using significantly more vinegar in the rinsing cycles.

Yep, the Mothers towel is truly excellent.

Thread Information