Thread: Vapor Steamer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard many good things about this technology. Do many detailers use this type of equipment? For steam cleaning carpets? Deodorizing? Any comments/opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will get two different opinions regarding steamers. Some love to use them for many tasks, and others think they are not necessary. I detail professionally and do not use a steamer. I do use a hot water extractor for mats, carpets, and upholstery. I feel a hot water extractor is more of a necessity for a professional. Like I said though, others will disagree with this comment.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s ideal to have both if you have the room and the funds.I have a daimer 300cs sitting under the tree that santa brought that I`m dying to open and try. I agree if you only are going to have one, a hwe seems the better machine to buy..however there are several things a steamer can clean that a hwe can`t.. Most folks don`t want to saturate a headliner for example...so a vapor steamer with a mf towel is a great choice for a headliner...however not nearly as efficient as a hwe on carpets/upholstery..

I can`t wait to try the vapor machine on our patio tile grout!

Post Thanks / Like
    as Brad says you can detail without it. But once you try it you don`t want to be without it.

I also have a daimer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to hijack the thread, but since it`s relevant - tdekany - what have you found to be the best uses for your daimer? Any special maintenance tips for it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman
    Not to hijack the thread, but since it`s relevant - tdekany - what have you found to be the best uses for your daimer? Any special maintenance tips for it?

clean it after each use. Clean the tank often with vinegar.

with 75psi you can blow out things from crevices and clean at the same time.. it will also clean better than rubbing.

In my book there is nothing that you can do better without it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use the Daimer 275 steamer and carpet cleaner/extractor. The units are extremely well built in the USA, so if parts/repairs are ever needed you`ll be able to get them.

Both are indispensable for doing a REALLY good cleaning job. I also use both devices around my home. The carpet cleaner (XPH-5900i) will leave your car dry in a couple hours. Since my detailing is part time, I`m thinking of also marketing carpet cleaning to my customers.

Thread Information