Post Thanks / Like
    BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax
    with Acrylic Polymers
    I guess its going to compete with Souveran at that price tag. The picture of the red 427 looks nice. Quotations from the website........... This is not a replacement for Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax nor is it "better" than Souveran. Compared side-by-side with Souveran you might find Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Wax a little brighter on light color paints but otherwise there`s no difference. The advantage of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax is that it can be used as a topping over any polymer sealant to add depth and liquidity without fear of hazing, streaking or cloudy patches

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d have to see it in person to justify even spending that much money on that! Man

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also hesitant to buy wax at that price. While many people buy Souveran at that price tag, I`ve never been able to push myself to purchase that either. I will say no Blackfire product I have tried has disappointed me yet. I love their Interior products and their tire gel, as well as the finishing polish. It will be interesting to see if anyone gives this a shot and to hear their thoughts on it.

While the Viper and 427 look nice in those pictures. I would like to see what the Viper looks like in the sun, while it is very wet I like to see what products look like in the sun, because Im sure Natty`s Blue or something similar could produce those results? Maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    looks intresting, I think i will have to try it out, once i use up some of my other wax (i have 16 diffrent kinds). I never trash a product until a try it, this one will be no different

Post Thanks / Like
    they claim it can be topped over FMJ hmmmmm very interesting
    :buffing: ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF BEAUTY :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t get it, not putting it down, but I`ve never seen Souveran, Natty`s Blue etc streak or have issues hazing or cloudy patches, at least not for me? Personally I find NB and Souv to look almost no different, some colors/cars NB looked just a tad crisper and wetter while Souv had just a tad better warm/glow to it. Pretty impressive for NB`s price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by icu812
    they claim it can be topped over FMJ hmmmmm very interesting

Going slightly off-topic, but I was under the impression that carnauba waxes do not chemically bond to the layer beneath it (whether it is bare car paint or "fill-in-the-blank" sealant). They just "physically" sit on top of whatever is beneath. If this is the case, then FMJ can be topped by any pure, non-cleaning wax. However, the acrylic polymers in this wax may have something to do with CMA`s claim..... It`s very interesting nonetheless.

Back on topic, I generally wait till a large sample of people have tried a new wax before I go purchasing one (especially if it costs $80.00). Usually a small set of people get caught by the "placebo" effect. This would catch my interest a little bit more if it weren`t for the fact that I have way too many LSP`s to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, kinda doubt it`d be worth it on either of my silver cars, but I love to see a new carnauba on the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was noticing this wax as well and it looks interesting though I will bet it will take longer to get over to this side of the Atlantic...

What I will say though is that I am yet to have a rpoblem, as mentioned above, with any of my carnuaba waxes used on top of sealents: be that FMJ, EX-P, Glanz Wax etc. On a whole variety of colours and paint types and yet to get streaking or cloudy pathces.

The wax is quite pricy, and I personally am a beliver that the wax only really gets the last 5% of the appearance in a full detail - prep being the key, the wax is just the icing on the cake. However, despite this, I have still spent money on Zymol and we know how expensive that is, and I was very impressed with it: IMVHO not quite worth the price premium but it was still the best LSP I`ve used to date looks wise (Destiny). I will most certainly be trying out this wax when it becomes available in the UK and will certainly let you know my thoughts on it but I reckon it will like already be well tested in hte USA before I get the oppotunity to get my hands on it...
    "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave KG
    What I will say though is that I am yet to have a problem, as mentioned above, with any of my carnuaba waxes used on top of sealents: be that FMJ, EX-P, Glanz Wax etc. On a whole variety of colours and paint types and yet to get streaking or cloudy patches.

"The advantage of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax (over Souveran) is that it can be used as a topping over any polymer sealant to add depth and liquidity without fear of hazing, streaking or cloudy patches"

That is just marketing hyperbole. CMA and AG used to be partners in the Pinnacle line, but now AG owns it on their own. I`m sure CMA just wants to have their own high-margin wax, and has to differentiate it. What better way than with a pencil?

Post Thanks / Like
    They are bundling it with their BLACKFIRE Ivory Carnauba Spray Cleaner/Wax to be used in between details. I wonder if the cleaners in it remove this "Wet-Ice over Fire" wax?

Wet-Ice over Fire? You`ve *got* to be kidding me!

I don`t know, but $$$$$ Souveran, Wet-Ice over Fire, CG 50/50? Slap on some Nattys blue for $15 or less with coupon codes after a great prepping and call it a day!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Wet-Ice over Fire? You`ve *got* to be kidding me!

Haha, I thought the same thing when I read it. "Liquid shimmer" is pushing it, but "Wet Ice over Fire Shine"? How lame.

Post Thanks / Like
    KMA! $80.00? Gimee a break people............
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is wrong with putting any pure wax (PS21s/S100) over any finish? It is recommended/considered a different look (more of a carnuba deep look) over finishes like klasse SG straight. Even DavidB talks about putting a pure Carnuba over the Klasse SG, for a more in depth look such as carnuba gives. Although, you can`t put another coat of SG over the carnuba wax, because of application/compound compatibility.

Am I missing something?

Changeling

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarydetail
    looks intresting, I think i will have to try it out, once i use up some of my other wax (i have 16 diffrent kinds). I never trash a product until a try it, this one will be no different

That is an amazing quote. I wish more were that kind.

Looks like you actually get alot for the money and have heard nice things from their other products.

Thread Information