Post Thanks / Like
    So, I drove into work this morning feeling all clean and happy having just washed my car last night. Little did I know that in a short couple of hours, my feelings of joy would be replaced with sorrow/anger as I watched the rain fall outside my window. Damn weatherman!

Anyway, seeing as my car was clean prior to the rain, do you think it`s OK to just wipe her down with the Sonus Spritz I have at home. (I applied a single layer of SG about a month ago.) Obviously, if my car looks like hell when I get out there, I`ll have to do a full wash. But if it`s just some water marks, do you think it`ll be safe to just use the QD spray?

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigO
    So, I drove into work this morning feeling all clean and happy having just washed my car last night. Little did I know that in a short couple of hours, my feelings of joy would be replaced with sorrow/anger as I watched the rain fall outside my window. Damn weatherman!

Yesterday the precip chance was 10%...it rained from when I woke up (6:00 am) till when I left school (1:00 pm). I washed/dryed/qd the night before when I saw the 10% chance

I would say no to the QD after the rainfall. Raindrops form around particle of dirt and dust. When the rain drops dry on your car, those particles are all over it. IMO QD doesn`t provide enough lubrictation to wipe your clean clean without increasing the chance of marring. I always wash/dry again...no matter how frustrating it can be after a "unpredictable" rain shower. :hairpull

-Dusty :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to ask a similar question, but was thinking using ONr would be okay. Has anybody used that with rainwater on the car? (Don`t mean to hijack too much)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tyoung
    I was going to ask a similar question, but was thinking using ONr would be okay. Has anybody used that with rainwater on the car? (Don`t mean to hijack too much)

I recently sprayed my car down with QEW after rain, and then dried it. The car wasn`t very dirty and the rusults were great.

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s ok to qd after a brief shower as long as you do it before you shave or brush your teeth.

PC.

2006 Accord V6 6spd Coupe Conundrum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I take it qd`ing is out, but something like a stronger ONR/QEW or PB S&W in a spray bottle is ok?

I`ve been wondering this as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR + QD after rain/drizzle IMO.
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    i wouldn`t risk inducing scratches/marring, i would re-wash to be on the safe side. that short time washing will beat the hours you spend re-polishing...

Post Thanks / Like
    I will only do that if the car has been sitting and not moved at all. ie I washed and dryed a couple of hours ago and then a quick shower rolled through. I don`t see a problem QD`ing in that situation.

Lorne

Thread Information