Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the following

Meguiars Swirl Remover + Glaze (the beige bottles) + NXT + lately I`v been topping the next with Griots Paste Carnauba (after 12 hours)

All with Griots Orbital (PC)

What other polish, glaze and wax should I use for better longevity?

My paint is Mystic Chrome

I was thinking about Clearkote VM as new glaze, undecided on polish (was reading about some FK1 products and they seemed to get my attention and finally which wax ... I like the idea of ending/toppin with a good carnauba wax ... I actually have the griots paste carnauba and just wondering what would be a good one to use under it?

Also the 1000P is a synthetic wax ... wondering if there would be any benefits of also using a carnauba on top of it or just a waste of product.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnauba and long lasting don`t go together in my book, at least if the wax has polymers in it, it may be long lasting. So what do you like and don`t like about your current combo? Sounds to me that you are just getting bored

Post Thanks / Like
    What polish and glaze you use will not affect durability, that is all determined by the LSP (wax). Although some sealants have trouble binding on top of a glaze.

The idea of topping with a carnauba would be for looks, so if you like that look it`s right for you.

What would you consider "better longevity"?

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too me, NXT is just an awsesome product. I really looks good on colors like your green. It makes for a good base with a carnauba topper (wait at least 12 hours) or 2 coats will blow your mind. I didn`t believe that one extra coat of NXT would be that good but I was so wrong.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Z5pro topped with Z8

Duragloss 105/AW

NXT looks good but isn`t in the same leaque as the above products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you could say I am getting bored Let`s just say I want something better than Meguiars next time I buy stuff.

I am about to check my local NAPA see if they have AW. Well I am just looking for a change of products and something that will last longer than the meguiars stuff ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Any recommendations for a better shine/look?

Post Thanks / Like
    souveran

megs 21 sealant

OCW

Post Thanks / Like
    With that paint, you may have to simply try one or more of the products suggested above and see how you like it. I don`t have a single LSP that I think looks the best on all our vehicles. For our light colored daily drivers or vehicles with metalics, I currently prefer the look that the Duragloss products give me (TPP / AW / FC&S). For some our darker solid colored classic cars (especially our dark blue mustangs), I prefer the look that OCW gives me or the look from simply using a nice carnauba paste wax. On our black cars, I often prefer the look from Nattys or Souveran or even #21. Megs 21 is another awesome choice. It looks good on most anything and it lasts a long time. It`s hard to pick a single product and I find myself switching from time to time to try new things out.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want good OTC products again, try the Mothers Reflections line. Excellent look with around 3 months durability.

If you want to try FK1, the 1000P would bring substantially better durability than most products, and you can try their #17 fine polish, or the 336NG final finishing polish (although I have no experience with it yet).

Yes, 1000P can be topped with a carnauba for a warmer look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 04MC
    I guess you could say I am getting bored Let`s just say I want something better than Meguiars next time I buy stuff.

I am about to check my local NAPA see if they have AW. Well I am just looking for a change of products and something that will last longer than the meguiars stuff ...

I know what ya mean, im getting bored with my LSP`s too.

I have my eye on the duragloss line, im definately gonna give that a whirl in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qadsan
    With that paint, you may have to simply try one or more of the products suggested above and see how you like it. I don`t have a single LSP that I think looks the best on all our vehicles. For our light colored daily drivers or vehicles with metalics, I currently prefer the look that the Duragloss products give me (TPP / AW / FC&S). For some our darker solid colored classic cars (especially our dark blue mustangs), I prefer the look that OCW gives me or the look from simply using a nice carnauba paste wax. On our black cars, I often prefer the look from Nattys or Souveran or even #21. Megs 21 is another awesome choice. It looks good on most anything and it lasts a long time. It`s hard to pick a single product and I find myself switching from time to time to try new things out.

When I buff your paint, if you try some #21 let me know. IMO, #21 is one of the best looking sealents out there and lasts much longer then NXT.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    When I buff your paint, if you try some #21 let me know. IMO, #21 is one of the best looking sealents out there and lasts much longer then NXT.

From what I`ve heard #21 is the most durable Megs product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I think #16 would outlast it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The #21 is an outstanding product. Very handsome, honest, balanced look with great slickness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information