Page 1 of 19 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    So before I joined this forum I was a pretty avid Zaino user (this is starting to sound like a drug commercial). I used it almost exclusively for my personal cars for about 8 years.This forum has really opened my eyes to some other good products. I`ve been trying out some IW, very happy with it, gonna try some #16, #21, #26.

Zaino is a good sealeant, but it is just that. Anyone else get past the Zaino thing and moved on to bigger and better?

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, used Zaino for several years on my cars and was quite fanatical about the results. Never once a bad experience and a top quality product for sure. But, I have also moved on from the Z craze. I personally think similar results can be had from other products, and cheaper too.

Protection and a strong durable product is and has always been my top proirity from a LSP, and I had always found Z to be at the top of the chain in this regard.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is a fantastic product; I use it on a family member`s car that I don`t get to work on that often, but it`s not for everybody, and it`s certainly fun to use different products. I don`t think Zaino is "a good sealant, but it is just that"...its durability is without peer out of the products I have used (which does not include the similar DG products or RDF 49).

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is a compliment to my other favorites, like 1Z GW, FK1 PW or 1000P, and Meg’s No. 16. I’ve never been one to be hell-bent on a product line over another . . . that’s the greatest benefit to being an enthusiast :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Zaino, and use it as a reliable quality sealant. I dont like the "plasticky" look it gives my solid black paint. I always add a carnauba wax over Zaino. It`s worth the work for my daily drivers.

The entire Zaino product line is top quality. The clay, leather and rubber dressings, are all excellent.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s always fun to try out different products. I too was a Zaino fanatic. I like to experiment with a variety of products. You never know what you may be missing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    I like Zaino, and use it as a reliable quality sealant. I dont like the "plasticky" look it gives my solid black paint. I always add a carnauba wax over Zaino. It`s worth the work for my daily drivers.

Do you think the zaino under the carnauba affects the look at all? I haven`t played with layering but I`m curious as to how having something under zaino affects the look.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s nice to see people willing to try other products. Have fun with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    On solid black it does have an effect. Zaino Z5pro covered with Natty`s blue looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else get past the Zaino thing and moved on to bigger and better?

I started on AIO and Souveran after using P21S and #26. I resisted Zaino for a while due to the passion of some of the fans. I tried a sample on my silver car and was really impressed. I then used the newer Z-2Pro on the ES and was blown away. The optical clarity just made the flakes in the paint dance with light.

I think on balance that Zaino is the best product line out there. I keep trying new things but nothing has knocked them off yet.

Sal has also introduced some groundbreaking products like Z-8 which bring back 99% of the just applied look. You have to respect someone who does not sit on his laurels.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole Zaino bandwagon is an issue for most of us, as they`re instruction of dawn wash, clay, and sealant are far from our norm in detailing.

The basic zaino users swear by and think that a combination of polishing isn`t neccesary.

I on the other hand have actually switched to zaino recently as my LSP, but with proper polsihing and prep prior. Results are fantastic...

I`ll probably switch it after a few more months though.

Post Thanks / Like
    The dawn wash is an option. I have never used it. I do agree that proper polishing before the Z-? sealant application is ideal. It seems very protective to me so I only polish every 9-12 months on average.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    The dreaded Zaino 3-step is just a way to get customers to Sal, and Sal`s stuff to stick to the paint. I`m sure if he wanted people to use ZPC with a PC or rotary his sales would be down.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually like that Sal sends out instructions with Zaino sealants; even though a lot of amateurs misinterpret them and think that Zaino is "hard to use" because you "need to clay", it at least gets them asking questions about prep, and then guys like us can explain that prep applies to *all* LSPs. I just wish he`d stop calling it a polish.

As for the product, I was never really a huge fan of Z2/Z2Pro, but I really like Z5pro because it`s super easy to use, incredibly durable, and provides a very "carnauba-esque" look at the same time. I also love Z9/Z10 and Z16, and I really appreciate that Sal updates his line a lot.

I definitely think there are other products worth looking into too, but Zaino`s a solid line imo.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been told by layering on a wax on zaino it will disrupt the clearity of zaino.

What do you guys think?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Page 1 of 19 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information