Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hrm, I am interested now. I am going to give it a go; maybe I have been giving it a "bad durability rap", I was under the impression it was a sealant-booster which would last maybe 2-4 weeks by itself, whereas AJT is a spray-sealant, which will do 4-6 months. My G35 is gone as of late Dec, and I have been meaning to "prep it for sale", so I think I will just strip, do some ZPC, then Z8 and see how it fairs.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    No problem. I like many non-Zaino products but I think there is some disinformation here that needs to be corrected. Z-8, for instance, does stand up well on its own and does in fact add a layer of sealant.

I`ve only used it without Z-2 or Z-5 on glass and it holds up there.

If it`s a durable sealant why not on paint?
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I am just wondering why you seem to have hostility towards other products that don`t start with Z. :nixweiss

I use a pc and get this alot when I visit the Apple Store!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan

[quote name=`SilverLexus`]I`ve only used it without Z-2 or Z-5 on glass and it holds up there.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    No problem. I like many non-Zaino products but I think there is some disinformation here that needs to be corrected. Z-8, for instance, does stand up well on its own and does in fact add a layer of sealant.

If it`s a durable sealant why not on paint?[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I`d be curious to see how Z8 vs AJT would hold up if one were to apply Z8 to one side and AJT on the other. For that matter, AW vs OCW would also be an interesting test. ISO wipe down of a panel, then apply one to each side. Hmmmm....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBuddha
    I agree.

I`d be curious to see how Z8 vs AJT would hold up if one were to apply Z8 to one side and AJT on the other. For that matter, AW vs OCW would also be an interesting test. ISO wipe down of a panel, then apply one to each side. Hmmmm....

I`m going to do that tomorrow. My car is gone as of the end of this month, so it might not be the best test if both go longer than 3 weeks; but I am going to do it anyway. I have to clean `er up for the trade in. I`m going to do 106ff on the hood (only spot with any minor marring), iso wipe the entire car, Z8 one side of the hood and AJT the other. We`ll see how it turns out. If I had some AW handy I`d do that too (maybe I will OCW and CJ the roof or something).

I`m open minded, but my guess is they all outlive the three weeks and my test will be worthless!
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    How well does Z8 stand up? Could I use it as a stand alone LSP on a clients car?

Z8 wasn`t designed or promoted as a stand alone sealer. In my experience Z8 is as durable as most carnubas on the market, but it`s no substitute for Z2Pro or Z5Pro.

Z8 adds more `pop` to your paint, and it`s a good booster product between details when using Z2 or Z5. I think of Z8 as a `value add` not a `must have`.

1/2 oz. of Z8 is all I use on our Tahoe. It`s SUPER concentrated, and you can cut it with distilled water if you like (1-2 oz per 16 works well for me)

I used to read Zaino posts and say ***? What is the back and forth all about?

Then I tried Zaino for myself and haven`t looked back.

Scottwax -You`ve noted in many posts that zfx is the Achilles heel and keeps you from using Zaino. Mixing zfx takes next to no time at all. Are you that efficient in your process? zfx doesn`t take any longer than wrapping up an extension cord, or mixing up a bucket of wash solution, pulling out your camera for an `after shot` etc.. Yea, if you had to take a zfx dropper, and measure an EXACT amount per oz, etc, etc..... that would be a huge PITA. Mixing up 3-5 drops of zfx in a 2oz. bottle of Z5Pro/Z2Pro and shaking it up is a different story. Sure you don`t have to mix other sealer brand products, but then again Zaino is unlike all other products on the market. IMO, it`s well worth an extra minute or two of my time.

That aside..... I`ve used Z2Pro and Z5Pro without zfx on several details and the durability, slickness, look, etc... still exceeds any other sealer that I`ve ever used by a long shot.

What do I hate about Zaino? I used to really enjoy trying every product under the sun. After switching to Zaino it`s like beating your head against the wall. At the end of the day, someone has to be #1. In a way I`m glad that I invested in most every other line up before trying Zaino. Personally, it gave me a balanced measure against the competition. I will still try new products (I`m not closed minded), but until something tops Zaino, it will be my product of choice.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a volume detailer AJ Trigger might be more economical-Zaino isn`t really designed size wise for high volume use. Z2pro or Z5pro without ZFX is still very durable-more durable than most PRO line or boutique products available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Maybe you should call Sal and talk to him about it. Ask him specifically why ZFX is needed for Zaino and not other products and ask how he knows ZFX actually works.

It doesn`t matter to me why it is needed, what matters is I have to buy another product to get the best results from Zaino. Everything else is grab and go. Besides, I am sure that Sal is as biased towards the superiority of his products as Mike Phillips is of Meguiars and Everett Glass is of Clearkote. Talk to all three and all three will tell you why their product line is superior. Just like when someone asks me about my detailing business vs my competitors. I believe I do a superior job and I am sure other detailers in my area think the same about themselves.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax, Have you had a chance to try out the duragloss line? Their new sealant 105 is very durable, just apply, wait 30minuts approx and wipe off. Great shine .

It doesn`t matter to me why it is needed, what matters is I have to buy another product to get the best results from Zaino. Everything else is grab and go. Besides, I am sure that Sal is as biased towards the superiority of his products as Mike Phillips is of Meguiars and Carl Everett is of Clearkote. Talk to all three and all three will tell you why their product line is superior. Just like when someone asks me about my detailing business vs my competitors. I believe I do a superior job and I am sure other detailers in my area think the same about themselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499

Then I tried Zaino for myself and haven`t looked back.

I tried Zaino too and for my time and money, Werkstatt has a better look and equal durability. That doesn`t mean there is anything wrong with Zaino and if Werkstatt wasn`t around, I`d be more inclined to use Zaino-in fact, when I got word eShine wasn`t going to import Carlack68 under the Shokar label, I was going to order some Z2 Pro and ZFX-then I heard from Chris at eShine that Jeff`s Werkstatt was going to pick up the product line and import it. Neither of us is right or wrong, we just have different ideas of what compromises `the best` for our own situations. And, as much as I like AJ, I still tend to go with carnaubas, Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba and lately, Optimum`s Poli-Seal on solid reds and blacks. I don`t mind waxing a little more often any more than you don`t mind adding another layer of Zaino.

Like I said earlier though, Z8 is a unique enough product that I`ll probably end up ordering some more. Even more impressive is how well it works with Acrylic Jett.

Sure you don`t have to mix other sealer brand products, but then again Zaino is unlike all other products on the market. IMO, it`s well worth an extra minute or two of my time.

Again, the excellent results I get from the Werkstatt line without mixing is why I really don`t want to be bothered with even a minute or two extra.

I will still try new products (I`m not closed minded), but until something tops Zaino, it will be my product of choice.

With respects to sealants, I feel the same way about Werkstatt.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster_Tx
    Scottwax, Have you had a chance to try out the duragloss line? Their new sealant 105 is very durable, just apply, wait 30minuts approx and wipe off. Great shine .

I`ve tried a few Duragloss products, mostly when I was just starting out detailing professionally. Very excellent products but not always easy to find back then and even now. A few stores around here carry some of their product line, I`ll have to stop by and see what they have on the shelves that I can try-yeah, I know I can order online but I`d at least like to see what is in stock that I can test out immediately. I ended up switching over to Meguiars because there was a local distributor that I could buy in bulk from.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    ....Zaino is a good sealeant, but it is just that. Anyone else get past the Zaino thing and moved on to bigger and better?

Actually, I have worked in the opposite direction. I used waxes for over 40 years, quite satisfied, and about 6 years ago tried Zaino. Never looked back for very long. I tried the old stand-bys (Souveran, Meguiar`s 16 and 26, P21S, Natty`s, etc) always found myself returning to Zaino.

Many Autopians know how I beg and plead for samples , looking to try the "next best thing" or "favor of the month", only to find that I have already found "my" optimum appearance and protection product line - Zaino.

After several years of purchasing/sampling other LSP products I decided that "Prep" was the most important aspect of automotive finish detailing and dedicated my search for better prep products along that line of "my"quest in achieving the "Perfect Shine".

Post Thanks / Like
    I used waxes for over 40 years, quite satisfied, and about 6 years ago tried Zaino. Never looked back for very long. I tried the old stand-bys (Souveran, Meguiar`s 16 and 26, P21S, Natty`s, etc) always found myself returning to Zaino.

This is pretty much the path I took.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I heard that Sal was on extended vacation. His Pro series works so well that he can sit idle for a couple years

False. He continuing to improve his products.

As long as you need to purchase ZFX to use with Z2 or Z5 for the initial application, I won`t be buying either. IMO, that ought to be his focus, to make both useable in all situations right out of the bottle.

When the technology is there to get the same durability and shine, he will release a product. Trust me. He has heard the "whining" and not just from one person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Actually, I have worked in the opposite direction. I used waxes for over 40 years, quite satisfied, and about 6 years ago tried Zaino. Never looked back for very long. I tried the old stand-bys (Souveran, Meguiar`s 16 and 26, P21S, Natty`s, etc) always found myself returning to Zaino.

Many Autopians know how I beg and plead for samples , looking to try the "next best thing" or "favor of the month", only to find that I have already found "my" optimum appearance and protection product line - Zaino.

After several years of purchasing/sampling other LSP products I decided that "Prep" was the most important aspect of automotive finish detailing and dedicated my search for better prep products along that line of "my"quest in achieving the "Perfect Shine".

This is exactly my path too. I started out using Meguiars in 1976 by using the famous#7 then #16 or #26. Actually thier best product was their Maroon bottle cleaner wax. I then graduated to Collinite for many years then to Surluster ,P21S and Souvran.

When I found Zaino my whole detailing world changed. On my personal car its always kept up in Pristine condition so I really never had to labor with Prep. This is why Z5 the ZPC and Z5pro work so well for me. Actually the old Z5 is what sold me becuase I had a black car that I must have washed and clayed improperly ( before I found Autopoia) and had swirls and light scratches. Z5 made my car show room again. I have tried almost everything and still do try as much as I can of the new stuff. I also Have spent thousands of dollars looking for what I found in The zaino line. Z8 awesome, Z5pro awesome, Z7 awesome, Z16 awesome and Z6,Z10 Z18 awesome.

I am not close minded in trying new products I actually look forward to finding something better than Zaino. Hasn`t happened yet. this keeps my quest going.

I love Werksatts products PA, AJ, AJT ,AGlos & quick wash. great stuff almost on par with Zaino.

I love Duragloss PBA,105 and AW great stuff almost on par with Zaino.

I don`t care for the Functionality ,looks and durability of Carnuba. I prefer all the charecterisics of sealants. Its all preference. Neither is right or wrong.

If someone wants to trade me for my Carnuba PM me.

I have the Sovran kit Souvran ( used 2-3 times) , wash,prewax polish and Crystal mist

Surluster and an actual can of Manhatan Gold from Japan

Stuf wax and polish

Carnuba Jett

Bunch of Collinites including 915 ( not even sure if used)

Bunch of Malms stuff

P21s,pink wax,Zymol and #16 all gone. as well as the over rated FMJ.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information