Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was definitely an "uneducated" Zaino nut before I found Autopia. Once on Autopia, I learned about a plethora of products and tried enumerable combinations of glazes, waxes, sealants, QDs, etc. In the end, I`ve come back to Zaino for the most part. It just simply performs for me and gives me the end results I like to see.

It`s not for everyone, but it seems to work pretty well for a lot of folks, and it will always be a staple in my arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    In reality Zaino isn`t anymore difficult to use than any other product. It looks great on unprepped paint.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    It just simply performs for me and gives me the end results I like to see.

It`s not for everyone, but it seems to work pretty well for a lot of folks, and it will always be a staple in my arsenal.

+1 for both quotes. After initially resisting the urge to try Z, I finally brokedown this year and gave it a try. I`ve been very pleased with the results, and while I still use other products, Z has become the current product for my own vehicles. I`m still learning all the in`s and out`s of the line; but I can`t argue with the results that Z provides on my own vehicles thus far.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is one thing I don`t get. If the first all-conquering Zainos were optically clear (therefore looking absolutely clear; aka sterile, plasticky, Saran wrappy, etc.), then how can the 2nd edition (Pro) look warmer while being still that clear? Warmth usually comes from a *slight* yellow undertone. So, what is the exact situation?

Note 1: NO product can be fully optically clear; even the transparent ones like TW Ice or TW ClearVue Wax. Applied layers are able to shift the refraction spectrum somewhat though.

Note 2: I use Z2Pro/ZFX/Z8, but I am definitely not blown away or hysteric about them. I can produce near Z8 performance (same look, slightly less durability) with the Arexons Speed Polish (although it is a carnauba QD), for a LOT less money if you consider shipping - a bottle of Z8 costs roughly US$50 here.

Post Thanks / Like
    People that have used Z8 say that Aquawax lasts longer and looks/feels just as nice.

NO product can be fully optically clear

We never claimed complete clarity but there are material differences in clarity among different products.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I find myself in the opposite position in regards to Zaino. When I use up my lesser products, I will try Zaino, and if I like it, it will be my go-to sealant. I am getting tired of being let down by other products with poor durability. For me and the people who`s cars I do, durability is the main thing I need.

Zaino is very easily the most durable sealant on the market. You should use it if durability is important to you. What`s unique is that it looks great.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    There is one thing I don`t get. If the first all-conquering Zainos were optically clear (therefore looking absolutely clear; aka sterile, plasticky, Saran wrappy, etc.), then how can the 2nd edition (Pro) look warmer while being still that clear? Warmth usually comes from a *slight* yellow undertone. So, what is the exact situation?

Bence, think about a highly resolving audio system...it imparts no sound of its own, it just lets a great recording shine through.

With Zaino, it is a clear sealant that lets the underlying flake and beauty of the paint shine through in all its glory. Newer formulations are both easier to work with, are more durable, and are more transparent.
    Lee

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence

Note 1: NO product can be fully optically clear; even the transparent ones like TW Ice or TW ClearVue Wax. Applied layers are able to shift the refraction spectrum somewhat though.

Note 2: I use Z2Pro/ZFX/Z8, but I am definitely not blown away or hysteric about them. I can produce near Z8 performance (same look, slightly less durability) with the Arexons Speed Polish (although it is a carnauba QD), for a LOT less money if you consider shipping - a bottle of Z8 costs roughly US$50 here.

Z2pro somewhat depends on the color it`s used on. It looks better on some colors than others. The versatility of the Zaino line is the darkening affect of Z5pro, the reflectivity of Z2pro and the wetness of Z8. It allows one to tailor the look to personal liking.

Post Thanks / Like
    As this debate keeps going, Sal is his way to the bank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee, water repellency and ease of buffout is without question as good as you can get. My concern is that improved transparency or optical clarity how can look warmer? That`s why a wrote that warmth usually comes from a slight yellowish undertone. But if you (not just you Lee) use this term, then the Pro formulas must be a bit *off* from the original optically clear versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    My concern is that improved transparency or optical clarity how can look warmer?

When did I say warmer? I said it was not plastic looking.

Did you read my last reply. I used an audio analogy to communicate the value of optical clarity.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I read your reply. Deanski said it is warmer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the original Z5 last year and to be honest, hated it on my read, and thought it was decent on other colors, but this spring/summer I got the z5pro and fell in love. It IS a different look than the old version of Z5 and I am glad for it.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    Zaino is very easily the most durable sealant on the market. Y

Have you used Werkstatt`s products yet? I am getting 6+ months durability out of a single application of Prime and Acrylic Jett.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    The LAST product that I decided to try was Zaino. I held off for years because of the debate, ‘cult member tag’, etc…

Since trying Zaino I haven’t had ‘the urge’ to look at anything else because it works sooooooooo well. Yea, I agree, it sounds like a commercial –but it isn’t.

Being a new Zaino user, I have not witnessed the ‘Plastic look’ of the original Z2, etc.. The new sealers: Z2/Z5 Pro, offer a very rich, reflective, slick, easy to maintain surface..

That said, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Scott, you opinion is not taken lightly, I haven`t used Z8, but I may have to order some sometime. How much better is it than AW? Someone send this guy some Z5 pro!

I`ve never used AW so I can`t answer your question. AJT would be what I would substitute but it is more of a stand alone sealant than a refresher like Z8. The main advantage Z8 has is even though it costs a bit more than a bottle of Trigger, you use about half the product per application-the disadvatage would be less durability than AJT but that really isn`t its intended function. Z8 works very well over both AJ and AJT.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information