Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, everyone. I don`t post much here but I spend a lot of time on this site. Although I am no professional, I am an avid "backyard" detailer. I`ve always had a great deal of pride when it comes to my car and how it looks. I`ve been detailing my own cars for over 25 years. I NEVER let anybody else touch my car.

This product discussion forum seems to be the place where everybody is looking for the holy grail of car care products. Everybody wants that amazing one step process that will make their car look like new. I`ve got some news that some of you may already know. It ain`t the product, it`s the process, and it`s not easy. True, some products are better than others but when the entire process is done correctly, even Turtle Wax can look amazing.

I`m a Zaino user, myself but I`m no fan boy. I understand what it takes to make a car look like showroom new. It takes a lot of hard work. A lot of blood sweat and tears.

The finish on my car looks so good, complete strangers often ask me what kind of wax I use. Like, it`s that easy? They actually think that all I`ve done is use some kind of awesome wax and now they want to know what it is. I don`t know how to answer their question because it`s not the product that makes the car look like it does, IT’S THE PROCESS! Even if they tried the same Z2pro that I use, their car would not see the same results. 45% technique/process, 45% elbow grease, and 10% product.

There is no single "magic" product that will make your car stand out from the rest. If that`s what you want, be prepared to do a little research, roll up your sleeves and get to work. It ain`t gonna be easy. Use any product line you like but start at the beginning and do it right. The results will be stellar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    I know Zaino is not for everyone cause a little prep work is involved to have max results. For those people the best way to make a car shine is to have an oily product that hides and covers and do it monthly.
    :think: I am confused what is that supposed to mean? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    :think: I am confused what is that supposed to mean? :nixweiss

:nixweiss Werkstatt sure isn`t oily and it doesn`t cover poor prep.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read Ryan`s post 3 times and nowhere is AJ mentioned. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Well, I can`t know which product he had in mind when he was writing that, so I can`t know was it Werkstatt and therefore he was wrong. Let`s assume it was some oily product that does hiding. Still I am confused with phrasing that "it is not for everyone because a little prep work is involved to have max results". Unless it is meant as an attempt to put down and call stupid anyone that is not using Zaino and does lots of prep work, which is practically majority of people on this board. If that is what it is then I am :angry I know quite a number of people that stick strongly to certain brand but none of them seem so much on crusade of converting others to their "religion" and putting down everyone else as Zaino-heads seem to be. Every time I see pictures of nicely done car using Zaino products and start thinking again about giving it a try I end up getting turned off all over again due to it. If I were Sal I would be thinking do cult followers bring business or hurt business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    Well, I can`t know which product he had in mind when he was writing that, so I can`t know was it Werkstatt and therefore he was wrong. Let`s assume it was some oily product that does hiding. Still I am confused with phrasing that "it is not for everyone because a little prep work is involved to have max results". Unless it is meant as an attempt to put down and call stupid anyone that is not using Zaino and does lots of prep work, which is practically majority of people on this board. If that is what it is then I am :angry I know quite a number of people that stick strongly to certain brand but none of them seem so much on crusade of converting others to their "religion" and putting down everyone else as Zaino-heads seem to be. Every time I see pictures of nicely done car using Zaino products and start thinking again about giving it a try I end up getting turned off all over again due to it. If I were Sal I would be thinking do cult followers bring business or hurt business.

Well said Zoran. I`m not exactly sure what his intentions were with that comment, but I took offense to it as well.
    2004 Titanium Pearl Mitsubishi Galant ES

Post Thanks / Like
    When did not using Zaino mean that you don`t care about prep and that you use a bunch of fillers and oily products?? :nixweiss

And yeah, prep work is important. But for most Autopians, that`s presumed. But also, if someone with bad prep skills works on two different cars and applies NuFinish to one and Werkstatt, Zaino, or Souveran on the other, I`ll bet the latter options will still look better (obviously, not maximally better, but better nonetheless).
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickGT1
    I`m back to Zaino now too..Tried SO many products, but recently purchased ZAIO, CS, Z5 Pro, Z6 and Z8. NO ZFX. After AIO, Z5, and CS, the car looks fantastic! I did not see a reason to put multiple coats of Z5 on the car when I would be topping it with CS. Sure, it might give a TINY bit more pop, but more time and more $$$ for ZFX.

Look is great, holds up well, and impressed me!

OneQuickGT1,

Glad you like the new stuff. Welcome back.:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    I read Ryan`s post 3 times and nowhere is AJ mentioned. :nixweiss

Just using it as an example of a competing product that isn`t oily and does no hiding.

Look, for the most part, we all do proper prep and the goal in most cases is to remove defects, not hide them. I`ve never understood the need of some Zaino enthusiasts to subtly bash other products or processes. They don`t seem to realize what a huge turn-off that is.

I just got a whole slew of Zaino products to try from a fellow board member, much of it I haven`t tried before. I`ll be testing them on a variety of vehicles to see how well they fit in with my business. I already know they are durable, so what will matter is appearance and ease of use.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Edwin...thanks! Thanks to your help, I am back on the wagon....the Zaino Wagon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys...It was not directed to any pros here. It was meant for the newbie that do it by hand and I should have stated that. I never mentioned werkstat at all neither and would not down that product at all. I think everyone read into that to way too much and were looking for a reason to debate something. It was not directed to any regular person that is here daily at all. I know all you guys do excellent prep work. I have had a couple of guys PM me and wanted to know if Z5 would remove swirls without prep.

Second of all I am not in a cult. I am just expressing my joy for such amazing products. I have not tried werkstat yet, but I will very soon. If I like it I will let everyone know and I will share my joy if it goes well and I will make sure of it.

Like I said before it was not directed toward any pro here. I was just trying to let the people that are NEW hear with no PC that have badly scratched cars that zaino needs prep to have the maximum results that us pros get. You guys just read into it too much but thats ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rydawg,

Just get used to it. I have used many other products. My life is way too complicated. I experimented with Zaino just to understand the hype and the zealotry. I approached the product with a tremendous amount of skeptism, which always is healthy when trying something new. I was sold. Yes, prep is everything. Technique is everything. Zaino products require the paint to be in great condition.

Eventually, I just get used to the people that look at me as if I belong in a mental institution because I happen to use Zaino now. It`s life... sometimes you need to pick your battles and sometimes you need to grow a thicker layer of skin and move on. It`s really about what makes you happy.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819

Thread Information