Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I`ve found that Z8 lasts longer than a month on glass.

Clearkote`s Quikshine last longer on glass for me than Z8 did, beads rolled off the glass faster too. Of course, use on glass is specifically one of the traits of QS.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    OOOH... New car? What are you getting?? When?

Regards,

Deanski

http://autopia.org/forum/836662-post33.html

Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

Holy crap!! NICE COLOR!!

Congrats on one fine car big guy!!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine
    ... I prefer no shaking and mixing. ...

I wonder will PolyCharger meet the same PITA discussions after the novelity wears off??? :geez

Personally, I found neither ZFX or PolyCharger a problem to use. Both required record keeping in order to estimate amount to mix for vehicle size. Afterwards no mental exercise to worry about.

As a scientist, I love mixing things.

Post Thanks / Like
    recently switched to duragloss 105 and AW after zaino for a year, and couldn`t be happier. you can`t do 3 coats in a day, but i found myself usually too busy to do that anyways. the water beading appears a little better, and it is definately just as slick as Z8 topped z5.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gto78
    Sorry i didnt read ALL 14 pages of this thread, just the first couple- and as the subject of the thread stated "stepping off the zaino bandwagon?"- YES I definitely did. My first use of zaino was an awesome experience, but an all day excursion that only worked out so easily because my paint was already in great shape. After being pissed on by sal zaino when i asked him for some help, I immediately threw his products in the circular file. I have since (very gladly) found many much better products. The latest and greatest is Jeff`s Werkstatt. The final finish is much glossier than any results I had with zaino. Before that I used Klasse AIO, which I still use depending on what mood I`m in. Sometimes I just use DACP and top it with some Poorboys EX. Either way- all of these other products have given me much much better results than zaino ever did. Zaino never really worked if the paint wasn`t already prepped with some other "polish". And to the guy who noticed the "plastic" finish zaino gives, I noticed the same thing.

I take it you never used the PRO versions. I`m not sure what Sal did to piss you off but he always seems eager to talk and help other people with questions. Has the owner of Carlack been willing to take your phone calls?

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG how utopistic, but when I first read the title of this thread, I thought of short, interesting, impulse-like posts which describe the shift - including the previous combos, the new chosen ones and the results.

Like this:

"I was using Z2Pro/ZFX/Z8, but I saddled over to, say, NXT Paste/QS, because its overall appearance suits me better. I am satisfied with my new combo." - or something.

It seems I was dreaming...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis
    recently switched to duragloss 105 and AW after zaino for a year, and couldn`t be happier. you can`t do 3 coats in a day, but i found myself usually too busy to do that anyways. the water beading appears a little better, and it is definately just as slick as Z8 topped z5.

I`d go the DG105 route if it wasn`t for the extra PBA step. That makes it "Zaino" like to me.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I take it you never used the PRO versions. I`m not sure what Sal did to piss you off but he always seems eager to talk and help other people with questions. Has the owner of Carlack been willing to take your phone calls?

No I`ve never used the "pro" version of zaino, but I really have absolutely no interest in giving one more dime to that company. Like I told sal- there are waaay too many other products on the market that can get as good, better, or much better results for much less money. Besides that, I`ve noticed that products like window polish, tire gel etc. from zaino are all half the normal size (8 oz vs 16 oz) and cost much more. Maybe things have changed since I last looked, but I could care less about what they do anyway. I`m just done with them forever. I was happy with the results but not the service or pricing. Not only that, they were just plain rude as hell when I needed help, and after dropping 130$ with their company I was really pissed off. Maybe I need to pay his rent to be talked to like a normal customer.

I`ve had awesome results this weekend on my metallic burgundy `98 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer using Meguiars DACP/Jeffs Workstatt prime strong/AJT/Poorboys Natty`s BLUE. Also used GM trim restorer (my favorite trim product ever), and Poorboys Leather Stuff on the interior, Meguiars natural finish tire shine. People come up to me or my wife all the time and comment on the finish of the paint etc. They are all stunned when I tell them its a 1998 with 152 thousand miles on it.

Also had awesome results on a red 350Z using PB SSR2.5/DACP/Prime strong/AJT. The car went from swirled/scratched/ water spotted to immaculate. It looks "WET" not plasticky.

Post Thanks / Like
    No I`ve never used the "pro" version of zaino, but I really have absolutely no interest in giving one more dime to that company. Like I told sal- there are waaay too many other products on the market that can get as good, better, or much better results for much less money. Besides that, I`ve noticed that products like window polish, tire gel etc. from zaino are all half the normal size (8 oz vs 16 oz) and cost much more.

Yes, but the cost per application can be the same or less since you use a lot less Zaino per application. I like the high performance of Zaino so I don`t mind spending a few dollars more in any event. It`s less expensive than many of my carnauba waxes.

Use what you like but I am surprised you like Megs DACP. I think it is one of the worst performing polishes out there. Menzerna, Optimum, and Z-PC handily beat it imho.

I also like Nattys Blue (a great wax) but you can get more durability from a sealant.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Since Ive been on the Zaino bandwagon ( 1 year ) I have no intention of stepping off, especially since I just placed an order for more Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro..LOL..

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gto78
    No I`ve never used the "pro" version of zaino, but I really have absolutely no interest in giving one more dime to that company. Like I told sal- there are waaay too many other products on the market that can get as good, better, or much better results for much less money. Besides that, I`ve noticed that products like window polish, tire gel etc. from zaino are all half the normal size (8 oz vs 16 oz) and cost much more. Maybe things have changed since I last looked, but I could care less about what they do anyway. I`m just done with them forever. I was happy with the results but not the service or pricing. Not only that, they were just plain rude as hell when I needed help, and after dropping 130$ with their company I was really pissed off. Maybe I need to pay his rent to be talked to like a normal customer.

I`ve had awesome results this weekend on my metallic burgundy `98 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer using Meguiars DACP/Jeffs Workstatt prime strong/AJT/Poorboys Natty`s BLUE. Also used GM trim restorer (my favorite trim product ever), and Poorboys Leather Stuff on the interior, Meguiars natural finish tire shine. People come up to me or my wife all the time and comment on the finish of the paint etc. They are all stunned when I tell them its a 1998 with 152 thousand miles on it.

Also had awesome results on a red 350Z using PB SSR2.5/DACP/Prime strong/AJT. The car went from swirled/scratched/ water spotted to immaculate. It looks "WET" not plasticky.

The pro versions have addressed the application issues and plasticky look. I`m guessing it`s more a personal issue which is understandable. There are some very good products out there and if you`re happy then fine, you won`t miss what you haven`t tried. I find it odd that so many people complain about ZFX but it seems as if they are watering at the mouth to try polycharger to improve somewhat poor performing products.:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    Yes, but the cost per application can be the same or less since you use a lot less Zaino per application. I like the high performance of Zaino so I don`t mind spending a few dollars more in any event. It`s less expensive than many of my carnauba waxes.

Use what you like but I am surprised you like Megs DACP. I think it is one of the worst performing polishes out there. Menzerna, Optimum, and Z-PC handily beat it imho.

I also like Nattys Blue (a great wax) but you can get more durability from a sealant.

I`m one who loves to try every product out there, and will definitely keep using any that I`m happy with. With that said, if you think DACP is horrible, I will definitely try the ones you just listed. So far DACP has been one of my absolute favorite items, maybe it`s the only one I use correctly... I can use it to solve almost ANY issue I`m working on, and it finishes to a high gloss as well. I noticed today that it didnt do a damn thing with the new waffle pad because it was a polish pad, not a cleaning pad. After switching to a green pad, beautiful results again. Menzerna is one I`ve never tried for one reason or another. The products I get are usually from Autogeek.com because they are local to me and shipping is fast. The Natty`s blue I had heard tons of great things about, and they all came true when I saw the results. I don`t expect any life out of a carnauba in Florida. Thats why I topped my acrylic sealant with it, knowing that when it comes off, the AJT is still there glossy as hell. IMO the Natty`s blue made the AJT less "wet" but the overall look was better. It looked less harsh as far as surface imperfections with the Halogen light. In the sunlight it looks beautiful and miles deep- either way.

again as the subject states- I`m off the zaino Bandwagon....- LOLOL- done with them

Post Thanks / Like
    gto ... that`s surprising. I`ve never been on the Z bandwagon, although I`ve been on plenty bandwagons.

But, I`ve never ready anything but glowing (no pun intented) remarks about Sal and his crew.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NHBFAN
    gto ... that`s surprising. I`ve never been on the Z bandwagon, although I`ve been on plenty bandwagons.

But, I`ve never ready anything but glowing (no pun intented) remarks about Sal and his crew.

:thx

IMHO, Sal does everything for his clients except Housecalls. Best customer service available for an elite in-house produced/developed line of products.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information