Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure everyone`s neighbors will love seeing them with syringes. Make sure to drop them on the curb when you are done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    I feel exhausted and giving up just by reading that description? Is it really that much better to be worth so much more hassle?
    Trust me, it took a lot longer to write up than it does to actually do it.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    How many coats you can do before you have to throw what is in the syringe away?
    If you clean the syringe after each use, it should last quite a while. I`ve noticed if you don`t clean it right away, any leftover Z in the syringe causes the rubber on the plunger to swell slightly (for whatever reason), and getting the plunger back in the barrel becomes a pain.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    How many coats you can do before you have to throw what is in the syringe away?

As previously mentioned, if you clean the syringe after use with a degreaser, you can use the syringe forever. I just make sure I soak the syringe in a good degreaser solution w/ water (ie.Dawn or Simple Green) for about 24 hours, then just swab it out and it`s good to go for the next time. Otherwise, w/ my experience the Z2 or Z5 just binds the tube all up.

The syringe method is accurate. Since I know my car takes precisely 7cc`s per coat, I can decide whether I will do one coat or more. If I wanted to do extra like all my tires (inside and out), I add maybe 3 to 4 cc`s extra into the syringe.

Here`s a picture of what I am talking about - standard 30cc syringe:

You can get ones with a stopper that totally eliminate product leaking out when placing the syringe while you are applying product:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok back to the topic of stepping off the Zaino bandwagon. Here I go all ____ is going to break loose. After proper prep and 5 coats of Z5 Pro I am ready to jump ship! IMHO note what I said IMHO, "MY" car does not have the look I want. Shine, Depth, and Wettness of Pin. Sourveran. PO85RD, RMG, and PS X 3 give me the looks I like. I wax at least every 3 weeks (I enjoy it) so durability is a non issue. In fact just the PO85RD leaves a nice finish! But as I posted earlier 90%+ would be well satisfied with the Zaino System. So back to PS I go. Don`t beat me up to bad IJMHO on my red metallic.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I used nothing but Zaino, until I heard about DG.

I`ve have Zaino and the DG equivalent and I can honestly say, I can`t tell a difference in looks, smells or durability. I`ve even mixed a little of the products and both look and act the same. Both DG and Zaino have lasted at least 5-6 months for me. I`m not really concerned which product last longer than 5-6 months because I`m not going to wait that long to reapply either product.

DG, for me is more convenient since it`s in a store close to my home. I happen to like both products and will continue to use both Zaino and DG ( I have a bunch of both).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseAWD
    Pat,

Yeah, I mix it in the syringe. Usually, I mix up 1/2 or 3/4 oz. at a time (roughly 15 mL or 21 mL, respectively), and I use one drop per 1/4 oz. I`d suggest not trying to mix an entire ounce at once in the syringe, as it doesn`t leave any room to shake the mixture up.

I usually pour some Z into the barrel of the syringe (keeping my finger covering the tip), then however many drops of ZFX I need, then top it off with the rest of the Z. Put the plunger in the barrel, but not very far, then invert the syringe, wait for the Z to flow away from the tip, then allow the pressure created from inserting the plunger to release (if you`re not careful, you may get a little squirt of Z coming out of the tip from the built up pressure). Once the pressure is released, slide the plunger in just a little more, then cover the tip and shake to mix. Once mixed, invert the syringe and remove any excess air.

Ta-da! You`re ready for your Zaino injection.

Tort

Thanks for the info Tort. One last question. Are you putting any Z8 into the mix when you do your "Zaino Injection"?
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Zaino, but I really hate ZFX. NO, it`s NOT hard to mix a few drops with Z polish and shake and wait, but it is a PITA dealing with the little bottles, and I have had two vials of ZFX dry up on me in the past year and a half. Even though Sal replaced the first one for free, it`s just another PITA. I prefer no shaking and mixing. AJ/WG/#21/EX-P/UPP/NXT all work just fine for me and are a lot easier to use and have a better shelf life than ZFX.

If/when Sal integrates his catalyst with Z2, I will be the first to jump back on the bandwagon, although my favorite QD of all time is carnauba based, so that will throw a kink in things...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Thanks for the info Tort. One last question. Are you putting any Z8 into the mix when you do your "Zaino Injection"?
    I haven`t in the past, but I figure I`ll try it someday.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I`m sure everyone`s neighbors will love seeing them with syringes. Make sure to drop them on the curb when you are done.

Very Funny!:shocked But then again we are all polish junkies:waxing:

This is your brain when it rains

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I got a PM and it reminded me to update this thread. I traded my G35 in a few days ago, 24 days after the application of the 4 sprays to the hood. I gave it a wash the morning of the trade (had to send her off in style!), and all 4 areas were still beading exactly (or so close to it I couldn`t see a difference) to the way they were when I applied them. All 4 were as slick as the day they were applied (so CJ not very, OCW moderately, Z8/AJT very).

So the "results" are that in my experience they all last at least 24 days. This isn`t that ground breaking for OCW, CJ, or AJT, but I have to admit I`m surprised Z8 lasted that long without showing any sign of degrading. Maybe I will try this again with my new car.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found that Z8 lasts longer than a month on glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are all of the Z alternatives mentioned here non-staining to black plastic/rubber trim? This is a big factor for me.

I was using Klasse AIO on my cars, but tried Z5Pro/ZFX for the first time, and am quite pleased. The finish is super slick to the touch and beads well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    Maybe I will try this again with my new car.

OOOH... New car? What are you getting?? When?

I`m still impressed by Zaino and Z8. Even after driving my ca rin the rain (yes, believe it, I did drive in the rain) and found the protection the same. Very tight beads, and when driving, rain just flows off.

After washing, it`s good as new! Still glossy.

Although I need some polishing, it still looks damm good! Porsche black is so damn soft on these cars!

If only some other Porsche owners would try Zaino as opposed to Rejex. I know many that still love the look of Rejex, but it`s got that very early Zaino look of that plastic-wrap look to it. Protects well and some do like that look.

Prior to winter storage (if snow ever gets here), I`ll polish the car, Zaino, then add one coat of Souvran prior to the cover going over it. It will sit on Tire Cradles since these tires flat-spot easy. I can even inflate to 60lbs as they do it when shipping the car. Damn tires are big $$ (305/30 -19) in the rear.

There are so many good sealants out now, including a few more in the professional line that look as good or better than Zaino and last much longer. A few have more of a wax look as well.

Whatever looks good for you and turns heads is the way to go. :2thumbs:

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry i didnt read ALL 14 pages of this thread, just the first couple- and as the subject of the thread stated "stepping off the zaino bandwagon?"- YES I definitely did. My first use of zaino was an awesome experience, but an all day excursion that only worked out so easily because my paint was already in great shape. After being pissed on by sal zaino when i asked him for some help, I immediately threw his products in the circular file. I have since (very gladly) found many much better products. The latest and greatest is Jeff`s Werkstatt. The final finish is much glossier than any results I had with zaino. Before that I used Klasse AIO, which I still use depending on what mood I`m in. Sometimes I just use DACP and top it with some Poorboys EX. Either way- all of these other products have given me much much better results than zaino ever did. Zaino never really worked if the paint wasn`t already prepped with some other "polish". And to the guy who noticed the "plastic" finish zaino gives, I noticed the same thing.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information