Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, another question guys!!!

Just ordered the pc and the 100 dollar Edge pad kit.

My plans were to use the

M83

M80

M21. I chose that line because it was only 3 products and the uses seemed simple. 83-bad swirls etc. M80- light swirls, etc. M21- final step, sealant. Everything else just confused me....

Now i`m reading everyone and their mom`s post about poly-seal. Since i`m trying to do this right the first time(I KNOW, I KNOW...not possible) should i just go strait for the poly seal? If so, what products do i use for swirl and hazing removal?? Is that a better choice than my megs idea?

My main concerns are durability, ease of use, and length of protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Poli Seal is excellent. It goes on easy and comes off easy. It is used for light corrections. I have been using all Optimum polishes too lately. I love the ease of use.

BTW the Poli Seal makes the paint very slick feeling. I like to top it with the Spray Wax and Aquawax.

Post Thanks / Like
    For ease of use, I would go with some Optimum products and top with Zaino or Collinte for looks and or durability. I have never use M21 or Poly-seal, but optimum makes great products.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by busyguy
    Sorry, another question guys!!!

Just ordered the pc and the 100 dollar Edge pad kit.

My plans were to use the

M83

M80

M21. I chose that line because it was only 3 products and the uses seemed simple. 83-bad swirls etc. M80- light swirls, etc. M21- final step, sealant. Everything else just confused me....

Now i`m reading everyone and their mom`s post about poly-seal. Since i`m trying to do this right the first time(I KNOW, I KNOW...not possible) should i just go strait for the poly seal? If so, what products do i use for swirl and hazing removal?? Is that a better choice than my megs idea?

My main concerns are durability, ease of use, and length of protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    either get that line up, or get the similar optimum lineup which will compliment the poli-seal...

get hyper compound

compound

polish

poli-seal

hyper for heavy swirling

compound for light swirling

polish for light swirls/pure polishing (very minor abrasives)

poliseal for sealant/wax

Post Thanks / Like
    also megs 21 will darken the paint, so if that is your goal, then its a killer sealant...i use it as my main sealant right now as I have about 60oz left and dont need another sealant to add to my ever growing collection. So until that runs out, I wont be getting another stand alone sealant, and I may end up getting another 1/2 gallon - that may be in about 60-70 cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can`t go wrong with Optimum products. You can actually mix the HyperCompound with the Polish to make the Compound. That way you don`t have to buy all 3 products. Sometimes I can finish off with the Poli Seal after using the Compound. The PS will do light paint correction. I usually use it with orange,white and gray LC pads. As said before, it does make the paint very slick. I like to top it with Opt Spray Wax to give the paint more pop. Also Natty`s looks good over it.

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, as far as durability, I`ve seen about 12 weeks from one of my customers cars. I`ve not seen it in a while, so it might still be holding upi. David from Optimum said it is supposed to last 4 to 5 months. I don`t really see it lasting that long without some kind of topper.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear on MO that M83 is hard to use for beginners. Also M83 is 6 on their "abbrasiveness" scale, and M80 is 4. M80 seemed to be used as "everyday work horse" in 90+ % of the cases on MO so why not start with gentle one first to practice and later see whether you need something stronger or exotic at all? In absence of M80 in your hands you could try their M09 (Swirl Remover 2.0, 3 on scale) that can be always found at Kragen, Pep Boys, etc.

Also, think of putting M07 as step between M09 (or M80) and M21. M07 is also available at retail stores.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think that 80 is harder to use than 83....its almost like I can go from 83 to a wax with no problems....with 80, i have more trouble wiping it up after I work it in...maybe its a bad batch??? 83 wipes up really easy for me

Post Thanks / Like
    can hyper compound be used on a PC?

woudl there be any reason to use the compound on a white lc pad?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the OHC with the Porter Cable and it actually worked pretty well. The pads clog up pretty quick. I would use it with an orange or yellow pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Class is kinda boring with a bunch of presentations going on with no relavance to the final test so i am on here and answering a lot

but I use OHC with a yellow pad and get lots of micromarring, which is easily cleaned up with a orange pad and OC, but I am going to try it with a orange pad and see what happens on my next rough detail...PC is fine, long work time, but it works

Post Thanks / Like
    Toyota-is that the new formula you are using? I didn`t mention in my post, that is what I`m using. There is a pretty big difference between the 2. The new formula is awesome! Works so much better than the old, it really excells with the rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah its the new formula - stuff really is as good as people say, I have used it while learning with the rotary, so i cant comment on the rotary usage just yet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    i think that 80 is harder to use than 83....its almost like I can go from 83 to a wax with no problems....with 80, i have more trouble wiping it up after I work it in...maybe its a bad batch??? 83 wipes up really easy for me
    Here are my random observations

The polishes look different when they are broken down. M80 breaks down much like M09. I use M09 to clean up any light swirls on my car, but after winter I use M80.

If you work M83 in to long with an orange pad it will dust like mad. If you work it in with a W8006 it will have very little dust, if any at all.

I have decided to order OP soon, to see if it works as well as people say it does. I love M83 but it is not that pleasant to use on an orange pad, which is okay because it was designed for a polishing pad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information