Post Thanks / Like
    Now that winter is here in Scotland I have started to use ONR. The main reason I don`t want to be throwing gallons of water around in the communal parking area when it could turn to ice.

Once finished I use Jeffs AJT to give the car a nice wet shine.

In summer I would normally use 1Z exclusiv or perls shampoo. Then once the car was dry I`d give it a once over with 1Z QD.

My question is whether AJT once a week is over kill. Would I be better off using a QD weekly after ONR, with AJT being used every few weeks? Its not about cost, more about diminishing returns. Is there any benefit from a weekly application of AJT over say a once monthly application?

During winter our roads get horrible with grit/salt I want to protect the paint as much as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once a week is far too much. You said you don`t care about cost, but that stuff is just too expensive to use that often. How about some Aquawax

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyMera
    Now that winter is here in Scotland I have started to use ONR. The main reason I don`t want to be throwing gallons of water around in the communal parking area when it could turn to ice.

Once finished I use Jeffs AJT to give the car a nice wet shine.

In summer I would normally use 1Z exclusiv or perls shampoo. Then once the car was dry I`d give it a once over with 1Z QD.

My question is whether AJT once a week is over kill. Would I be better off using a QD weekly after ONR, with AJT being used every few weeks? Its not about cost, more about diminishing returns. Is there any benefit from a weekly application of AJT over say a once monthly application?

During winter our roads get horrible with grit/salt I want to protect the paint as much as I can.

a good person to ask is scottwax he uses AJT alot. IMO there is nothing wrong with using that much. I use Z8 after every wash on my mdx and looks amazing all the time
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s like somebody asking if it`s too much to wax their car every week....well, yeah.

You can do it, but Acrylic Jet Trigger should last much, much longer. Maybe compromise and ONR wash weekly or so and AJT monthly.

Actually, if you use ONR like a QD, you`ll be pleasantly surprised about the shine and the residual protection. For example, ONR washing of my windshield has a RainX like affect, so I have no reason to believe that it doesn`t do the same thing on body panels.

I`m washing using ONR, but I`m mixing it at QD strength and use a 1.5 qt. pump sprayer. I spray a panel at a time, working top down. On the cleaner top and upper portions, I may just wipe with the dry towel like a QD. Lower, more dirty panels, get extra spray and I use a wet WW MF towel and a rinse bucket, and follow with a dry towel wipe. I rinse as I go and when the towel gets grungy, the wet towel goes in the heap for the laundry, the dry towel becomes the wet towel and a new towel becomes the dry towel. This works really well. I use about a quart of mix to wash my mid size SUV. I chose the higher concentration so my "wash" mix doubles as my QD mix and using it this way, I`m still only using < 2oz ONR per wash.

When the weather gets really bad (cold) I plan to go to the coin-op, spray it down with ONR-QD, give it a once over with the megs wide [wash] brush, then rinse with the pressure spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don`t mind the cost, no problems using AJT weekly. Another option is to mix up a spray bottle with the QD strength mixture of ONR to use instead, and maybe cut back to applying AJT once a month...basically what abbeysdad said.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Whose yer DADDY!??!?!?!?! LastDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is ONR?

Post Thanks / Like
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, if cost is no object, why not once a week? As Mosca used to say (where has he been lately?), the best way to acheive that "just waxed" look is to have just waxed...but seriously, folks, AW makes a great after-wash treatment as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Boy, if cost is no object, why not once a week? As Mosca used to say (where has he been lately?), the best way to acheive that "just waxed" look is to have just waxed...but seriously, folks, AW makes a great after-wash treatment as well.

I have to agree...AW after an ONR wash creates a nice pop...(but then I quess AJT would too!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

I`ve got some AquaWax on order. Looking forward to seeing the results

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like to say thanks for the advice about using AquaWax.

Not the easiest thing to source over here, but I found a supplier and ordered a couple of bottles.

Used it for the first time yesterday after washing the car down with ONR - well pleased

ONR topped with AquaWax makes a great combo :thx

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t care about cost. I use AJT once or twice a week. Not because I have to ,its because I like to

Thread Information