Post Thanks / Like
    Hey folks,

I wanted to query you all for opinions on dedicated pad cleaning products such Snappy Clean, DP polishing pad rejuvenator, XMT Pad cleaner, etc. My normal routine has been to soak my pads in a hot Dawn wash for a couple of hours (sometimes overnight) and then to scrub/wring them out till clean. However, I`m noticing that this takes quite a bit of time, can be physically hard on the pad, and some products just do not want to come out. I thought about using some vinegar since it works wonders on clarifying MF towels...but towels and pads are different materials. Any thoughts from you guys...I open to suggestions and process improvements. Thanks in advance.

MCA

Post Thanks / Like
    I have DP PPR on hand, when im doing big jobs ( lots of pads/products) i love it, filla big bucket, hot h20, and let soak for anywhere up to an hour. Then i rinse out with hot h20 and a pad brush until they rinse clear.

for small jobs( not many pads), i use simple green. i have found this especially helpful with the optimum and hi temp lines, as they are a chore to remove. but that simple green and hot water really works wonders with that pad brush.

either way, i spin dry on 2k rpm on the rotary - by then next day, their not even damp.

so, props to the DOP PPR. i also have used the xmt pad cleaner - but personally liked the dp better. never used snappy clean . . .
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    DP PPR is good stuff, its the only thing I use now to clean my pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only one I have used is Snappy Clean, and DP sounds like the same stuff (it`s even made by Snappy Clean) but comes in a jar instead of packets. I tend to alternate between Dawn, an APC, or Snappy Clean depending on what I have close at hand and what I`m trying to clean out of the pads. It works good enough that I`d buy it again, but I`ll get the DP version because the jar and scoop sound easier to use.

I didn`t think it (Snappy) cleaned quite as good as AG advertised, so maybe the DP is an improved version. I think one key is using hot water and a pad brush like fdizzle mentioned. FWIW, the Citrus based powders like Snappy and DP are what they use in the System 2000 Pad Washers (also sold by AG, TOL, etc.).
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    oops, wrong thread...

EDIT

Thread Information