Post Thanks / Like
    My new car has alot of sticky tape on the windows. What is the best cleaner to remove this residue, its pretty stubborn, but nothing too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    WD-40 is probably the most handy in your household? Alcohol ive heard but never tried.....:showpics
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW335i
    My new car has alot of sticky tape on the windows. What is the best cleaner to remove this residue, its pretty stubborn, but nothing too bad.

I have used this stuff and I haven`t found anything sticky that it won`t remove.

I haven`t used it on automotive paint so I would use caution there but I have used it on glass and mirrors which worked great. I have also used it on wood and appliances and many more areas and again it worked great.

De - Solv - It :: Sticky Stuff Remover Gel

I bought mine at Wal-Mart.

Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn`t goo gone work as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    3M glue and adhesive remover is top notch, amazing stuff. It`s available at many stores locally and comes in a couple variants. I have the citrus based version and it works great. Stuff like goo-gone will work fine for sticky stuff behind price tags and some weak stickers...but this stuff will dissolve much beefier adhesives. Great for use after debadging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardian
    I have used this stuff and I haven`t found anything sticky that it won`t remove.

I haven`t used it on automotive paint so I would use caution there but I have used it on glass and mirrors which worked great. I have also used it on wood and appliances and many more areas and again it worked great.

De - Solv - It :: Sticky Stuff Remover Gel

I bought mine at Wal-Mart.

Russell

I`ve had some success with De-Solv-It also. We also have Goo-Gone somewhere in the house, but recently I saw the bottle of De-Solv-It laying around and it came in handy a couple of times.

I sold an old, but new and unopened perfume package on eBay and it had the glue residue from stickers from many years back. De-Solv-It took care of that easily.

I also decided to try washing my pads for the first time in the washer. Since then, I`ve learned not to use the "hot" setting, just "warm" because the water was hot enough to make the velcro backing come undone. The velcro backing is held onto the pad with some kind of glue or adhesive. The problem was that when it came off, it didn`t come off as a clean circle like the backing normally is, but because of the washing process, it was all folded and crumpled up.

I almost decided to throw away the pad because I thought the velcro backing was done for, but I sprayed some De-Solv-It on there and was able to remove all of the original adhesive, so the backing returned to its original circular shape, which I then reapplied to the pad with some glue my wife had.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t been able to find 3M Adhesive Remover. I`ve tried Home Depot and Office Depot so far. I tried looking in Walmart but that place is too huge and not a employee in sight to ask. Where do you guys find it locally?

Post Thanks / Like
    Goo Gone or lighter fluid both work.

Thread Information