Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    HELL YEAH!!! Used it for the first time, rained twice already, and my car still looks like it just got washed and waxed! Thanks to you guys for the recommendation!!!!:woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chu
    HELL YEAH!!! Used it for the first time, rained twice already, and my car still looks like it just got washed and waxed! Thanks to you guys for the recommendation!!!!:woot:
    What other waxes are you familiar with? Most any wax can take some rain and still look beautiful, but I want to know if Souveran is head-and-shoulders over others with regards to looks (like P21S, Nattys Blue, Megs #16, etc) to justify its MUCH higher price. :dance

Post Thanks / Like
    will it bond to EX-P?

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I`ve purchase literally thousands of dollars of products I`ve never broke down and purchased PS.

Maybe I will if I buy another red or dark color car. I don`t think it`s that expensive since a jar with probably last me >1 year on my own car.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyotousa
    will it bond to EX-P?
    Yes it will bond to EX-P just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a terrific wax. Use pre-VOC AIO as a layer (or AJ) and you will get good durability as well. No other carnauba is as wet imho.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    No other carnauba is as wet imho.
    Is the difference so noticeable as to justify the cost, though? Everyone always praises Souveran as the ultimate Caranuba, but is it obviously better on Black and Red than would be a Nattys Blue Layer or a P21s Layer?

I own a medium-blue car and would like it for that, but I also do some detailing on the side and if I will think a car looks better, and more importantly, a customer would think a car looks better wearing Souveran than the waxes above, than it would be worth it for me to purchase the Souveran.

I guess I want the best look for a car, but not if that look isnt noticeably better than my other, cheaper waxes.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Souveran and Natty`s Blue on my black bronco and couldn`t tell the difference at all in the shine. I love them both, but my eye can`t tell them apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David703
    I`ve used Souveran and Natty`s Blue on my black bronco and couldn`t tell the difference at all in the shine. I love them both, but my eye can`t tell them apart.
    This is the post I was waiting for!

I am all about trying out products, especially ones as lauded as Souveran, but not if its only going to provide a slight/negligible difference that a customer cant appreciate and that I will be hard-pressed to distinguish from other less-expensive boutique offerings.

If anyone else has a different opinion, or thinks that Souveran really does provide a substantially or even noticeably better look than other boutique waxes, please do post and let me know! :xyxthumbs

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The most Ive spent on a tin of wax was $50... CG 5050. From all the pics Ive seen, even pics of side by side comparisons, it looks like CG 5050 is a better carnauba.

I have no doubt PS is a great wax.. but I could never bring myself to spend that much on a jar of wax. Especially when I have #16 and 5050 in my supplies.
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 35TH LE
    The most Ive spent on a tin of wax was $50... CG 5050. From all the pics Ive seen, even pics of side by side comparisons, it looks like CG 5050 is a better carnauba.

I have no doubt PS is a great wax.. but I could never bring myself to spend that much on a jar of wax. Especially when I have #16 and 5050 in my supplies.
    I was actually just looking at the 5050 on the CG site, and while it looks good, the Souveran is only $9 more right now during its sale on the Pinnacle site.

I bumped another thread in which someone commented about how much better they thought 5050 was in comparison to Souveran, but my question hasnt been answered yet.

I guess when it comes down to it...even $50 seems like alot of money for a wax that would seem only marginally better than Nattys or P21S...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueM3
    I was actually just looking at the 5050 on the CG site, and while it looks good, the Souveran is only $9 more right now during its sale on the Pinnacle site.

I bumped another thread in which someone commented about how much better they thought 5050 was in comparison to Souveran, but my question hasnt been answered yet.

I guess when it comes down to it...even $50 seems like alot of money for a wax that would seem only marginally better than Nattys or P21S...

FWIW if I had to choose between 5050 and Souveran if I could only have one for $50 I would still take the 5050. Everything Ive seen and read about 5050 suggests better/same as Souveran and much better durability as well.
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite frankly, I don`t think Souveran is "all that", but it does have a nice look, and is easy to use. Thankfully, I only paid about $30 for mine...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David703

great information.....

i`ll stick with Natty`s 54.99 VS 13.99 haha:Geezx

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there`s a difference. To my eye, the level of depth is greater with Souveran than most other waxes I`ve used (NB, Pink Wax, CMW, OCW). Whether the difference is worth the extra money is a personal decision. I just use it once in a while on my own car, so one jar will last me a really long time. NB and Pink Wax I think are more on the reflective, "blingy" side, which is perfectly fine, but Souveran has an excellent balance of both reflectivity and depth which gives the paint a richer overall look. That`s a pretty tough balancing act. I actually think CMW comes closest to matching it depth-wise.

I like all the waxes I own and tend to use NB the most if I`m going the carnauba route since it`s so inexpensive, but Souveran offers enough of a difference to warrant at least one jar on my shelf.
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information