Post Thanks / Like
    Isn`t it amazing to watch what happens to our older, often used, (back then) products in our ever expanding detailing arsenals? They seem to get pushed back further & further on our shelves as we try the latest & greatest flavor of the month products. Most of us share a pure passion for detailing & a pure passion for quality detailing products. At times, we all suffer from the "Hey......What if the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence" mentality. I know I do! (lol) Since becoming an "Autopian" I`ve invested roughly $5,000.00 on products inorder to "feed my adiction" ( ) and I`ve watched an old favorite of mine collect dust on my shelf.............Until last Sunday, that is!

My girlfriend has gone "Dave Ramsey" on me & decided to give her Mom her `05 white Altima in exchange for her Mom`s dark green 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Her Mom is "old school" & didn`t want to go through the hassle of the "new car buying experience" & has coveted the Altima since the day she saw it. The Cherokee is more "practical" for my girlfriend & her 11 & 12 year old boys. The switch was on!

As for the Jeep.... ( no pics at this time, sorry! ) It`s never been detailed! It`s scratched & marred..............The paint`s pretty dried out.........The body mouldings are somewhat faded from the West Texas sun. The exterior is far from "Autopian". In fact, far from "weekend warrior" status as well. BUT, it`s mechanically sound. It is indeed in need of a major "Autopian Makeover". (lol) Since time was an issue for me, I decided to hold off on the polishing with my PC untill I have 2 full days to work on it. But I now have a "TEST VEHICLE" !!! ( woo whooooooo!! )

My goal was to clean it up & protect it untill I can give it the "Autopian Spa Treatment". It gave me the perfect opportunity to use my new bottle of CG Citrus Shampoo & dust off an old friend. 1Z GLANZ!!

I washed it with a heavy concentration of the CG Citrus. Plenty of suds, slickness & cleaning power! I then clayed the paint & glass using PB S&G as a lube. ( another product I haven`t used in about a year) Finished up with a less concentrated CG Citrus wash. the dark green paint was now squeeky clean and a bit conditioned from the oils in the citrus wash. It added some gloss, as well. ( great prep wash, btw) After drying, I used Klasse AIO to further clean & remove some light oxidation from the paint. The stage was set for the "reunion"! Out came the bottle of 1Z Glanz. I gave the Glanz a good shaking & popped open the red cap to do what we all do.................I took a good "sniff". (lol) At that point I`m singing......" re united, and it feels sooooo gooooooooood ". (lmao) I realized what I missed about the 1Z Glanz. It jets like water............effortlessly! A little goes a long way. I applied it to 2 panels at a time, before coming back to remove it. Once again, the 1Z Glanz removes with a feathers touch. Finished up the entire exterior & stood back to take a look. I was realistic. I realized that I hadn`t performed the proper prep needed to achieve "eye popping" results. My PC & some good polishing is needed. The paint really does need the nourishment of some polishing oils. (next month, perhaps) But what an improvement overall! The dark green paint now had slickness & gloss. But at this time, I was reminded why I`d stopped using the Glanz on my personal vehicles. It does seem a bit "sterile" in look. But once again, my goal was to clean & protect. And the strong point of the 1Z Glanz is it`s longterm durability!! I couldn`t stop there! I was losing daylight & was in need of something quick to top the Glanz off with. Out came the OCW! The Optimum Car Wax added a bit of depth & warmth & improved the overall appearance. I`m quite pleased with the overall outcome & had the chance to use a "recipe" for the exterior that I`ve never used before. ( topping 1Z Glanz with OCW, using PB S&G before & after each layer ) Not bad at all! A significant appearance upgrade!

As for the weathered plastic body mouldings, I pulled out another product I used to use. I reached for my 32oz. bottle of Meg`s #38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel/Restorer. BAM! Just like that! The trim looks like new again! As does the plastic door handles, roof rack & exterior mirror covers. I even dressed the tires with the #38. Very impressive!!

As for the interior, I used a Woolite & water solution on the carpet, floormats & seats which yielded impressive results! Also got the chance to use my unoppened bottle of Meg`s interior QD for the first time. Followed that up with CG SilkShine dressing & the interior was transformed. Finally, I did the interior glass with DP Krystal Vision. I can`t say enough great things about this glass cleaner!

Sorry for the long post here. But it`s good to be "Re United" with old favs, don`t ya think?? :think2

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess what???? My girlfriends Mom wants the Cherokee back! (lol) She was joking, ofcourse.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using Glanz quite often. It is my first choice on doorjambs, and underhood jobs as it can cut through minor soiling without scratching. I always apply it with a spray bottle (chemical resistant; otherwise Glanz will eat it), pretty much as a QD. True, it looks a bit flat, but very slick and when you apply it via a nose spray bottle (extremely fine mist), you can feel that it will build density and better coverage. Very good product for this purpose IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    I`m using Glanz quite often. It is my first choice on doorjambs, and underhood jobs as it can cut through minor soiling without scratching. I always apply it with a spray bottle (chemical resistant; otherwise Glanz will eat it), pretty much as a QD. True, it looks a bit flat, but very slick and when you apply it via a nose spray bottle (extremely fine mist), you can feel that it will build density and better coverage. Very good product for this purpose IMO.

1Z Spruh Wax for me for this exact purpose. Heavy solvent content cuts through a lot of junk and leaves a nice finish suitable for under the hood and door jambs.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    nothing i have beads water like my glanz wax.it is a little flat so tomorrow i plan on using a coat of #21 sealant and then saterday a coat of #26 and see how that looks/last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yeah, the Sprüh Wax... I always forget it - even though it stands right next to the Glanz... Sometimes I topped Glanz with it, but still not the look I was looking for. But for simple tasks indeed a nice product. I love its carnauba smell.

Seth, thanks for the motivation! I`m gonna wax my model cars with it now!

PS: I`ll use another forgotten product on a brand new black Peugeot 607 2.7 V6 HDi. That`ll be the Sonax Xtreme Nano liquid wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Glantz a lot on things like ground effects and wheels to remove the dirt and crud easily and leave the area well protected. Removes brake dust real nice. I even bought an extra bottle when I found out they changed the formula.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I had an opportunity to use a few other products I haven`t used in awhile. The work I did on the Cherokee looked okay, but it just needed a little more "oomph". I dusted of my seldom used bottle of WG detailing spritz & gave the Cherokee a follow up QD`ing after a quick wash with the CG Citrus shampoo. The WG spritz added a nice gloss to my existing work. Very easy to use........No streaking at all. I then went deep into my arsenal & reached for my bottle of CG Extreme Depth Carnauba. I hadn`t touched that bottle for about 6 months & I`d forgotten just how easy it is to use. Spreads like butter! Buffs off like a dream. Really no effort at all. Plus, I just love the way it smells! The Extreme Depth Carnauba added instant depth & wetness to my previous work. Darkened the dark green paint as well and improved the gloss. All in all, a big improvement! It`s good to have a test vehicle to play with!!

Thread Information