Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on my way to work when I noticed my wife left her Mazda outside last night while it rained, I was taken back by the purdy display on the hood so I grabbed the camera. :woot: I detailed this truck 3 months ago and it has only ONE pass with #26 paste. My wife and daughter ride horses and frequently visit a local barn.... which means this thing gets NASTY dirty while at the barn and driving up the dirt driveway. It has been washed several times... and in the last 2 weeks we have had rain off and on. The truck is driven 70 miles a day.

Not too shabby..

:buffing:

FWIW this was 3 months ago after polishing and #26... I have a lot of faith in this product.

Yes folks... this is a reflection shot.

If this thread needs to be moved to Click N Brag go for it...
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome... for some reason, I find I am never satisfied by my finish. Once I get my camera back, I`m going to make a thread here so you all can tell me if I`m crazy. I want to get to the level you all seem to get, but for some reason I don`t think I can do it.

I just can`t get enough. I`m like some sort of gloss/depth junkie. I don`t know how good its supposed to be! I just try to keep getting it prettier... and prettier... :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    nice buddy! no 26 is always a sure thing. You really cant go wrong. Other stuff might work better in various aspects, but when you need a solid preformer at a good price . . . well there you have it folks . . .
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34
    awesome... for some reason, I find I am never satisfied by my finish. Once I get my camera back, I`m going to make a thread here so you all can tell me if I`m crazy. I want to get to the level you all seem to get, but for some reason I don`t think I can do it.

I just can`t get enough. I`m like some sort of gloss/depth junkie. I don`t know how good its supposed to be! I just try to keep getting it prettier... and prettier... :nervous:

Its a never ending vicious circle my friend... may the shine be with you... wax on my brother... WAX ON! :woohoo:
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s good to see Meg`s #26 Paste getting a little "thread time". It`s still one of my favorites & for years it was my "go to" nuba. THEN, I became an "Autopian"...........My wallet emptied.......(lol)........ and my arsenal expanded. The last time I touched my old fav was back when AutoZone had it on sale for .99 cents. I just might have to dust of a can & do my girlfriends jeep with it. For old time sake, ofcourse! (lol)

I know that Meg`s #16 still get`s mentioned alot here, but I still prefer #26.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not suprised at all, I get an easy 3-4 months out of the liquid version. I may have to snag a can next time I am at the auto parts store, I haven`t used it in a while.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    meg #26 liquid gives me poor durability...

Post Thanks / Like
    #26 paste was the surprise of the for me. An old friend brought a bunch of Z-stuff and a can of #26 for me in August. I thought: heck, what could I lose? I applied a quick NXT paste/#26 combo and my jaw dropped! Simply wonderful!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think 26 is very under-appreciated just because its available practically everywhere and its cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a link directly to a pic of #26?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s one from the source: Hi-Tech Yellow Wax M2611 Product Information

Mine doesn`t look like that though, might have an older version..

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a firm believer that some NXT followed by a coat of #26 and it gives one of the best shines around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a question for eveyone................Did Meg`s change the formula of the #26 Paste a few years back when they went from tin packaging to the current packaging? Maybe my mind is starting to go on me a little bit, but I remember the #26 paste as being a little bit more "oily" when I rubbed my applicator against it in the tin about 10 years back as compared to it`s current consistancy. Today`s version seems a little different to me. (????) Am I on track here? Or have I just used too many other carnauba waxes since then?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine they had to reformulate the #26 a couple years ago to comply with the regs that killed #16 (remember, they never said they couldn`t reformulate #16, just that they had elected not to).

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure, Rob. I didn`t use 26 ten years ago, but my paste in the plastic container is pretty oily when compared with some of the other paste products I have used. I really like 26. I still believe that first-rate results can come from over the counter products, provided proper preparation is done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information