Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I just bought some new Optimum products and was curious if the following product application can be used.

1.) Wash with ONR

2.) Polish with Hyper compound w/PC (orange Pad)

3.) Polish with Optimum polish w/PC (finishing pad)

4.) Klasse AIO w/PC (finishing pad)

5.) 2-3 coats of Klasse SG by hand

Is the Klasse AIO even necessary after the Optimum polish or can I directly use Klasse SG?

Thanks for the replies!

-Phillip

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say use the OP first with a the orange pad. You want to always start out with the least aggressive product. And you can use the AIO after polishing to refine the finish with a finishing pad.
    O-Obsessive

C-Compulsive

D-Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    thought no direct evidence suggests this, aio would be a good final cleaning to prep the surface, just in case you miss buffing off any polish reside, and it will help prolong the life and bond of the KSG, as aio has a sealant that it leaves behind. the aio will not compramise the finish you get on your paint after polishing with optimum. if you have it, id use it
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD Nick
    I would say use the OP first with a the orange pad. You want to always start out with the least aggressive product. And you can use the AIO after polishing to refine the finish with a finishing pad.

Ummm. This is your personal car right? Like OCD Nick said, try the OP first. If it doesn`t cut it, go with the OHC but make sure to follow with the OP. AIO does not refine finishes enough to remove haze. Once that is done a quick once over with AIO, followed by SG would be nice.

So basically after all I`ve said, your process looks perfect. Just find out if you really need the OHC first.

Joy

Post Thanks / Like
    If your screen name suggests you have a new 335i, then you definatly would not need Hyper Compound and an orange pad, unless you have washed it with a belt sander. Anyway, start with the least aggressive approach them move up if needed.

Yes, AIO before SG

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer335i
    Hi all,

I just bought some new Optimum products and was curious if the following product application can be used.

1.) Wash with ONR

2.) Polish with Hyper compound w/PC (orange Pad)

3.) Polish with Optimum polish w/PC (finishing pad)

4.) Klasse AIO w/PC (finishing pad)

5.) 2-3 coats of Klasse SG by hand

Is the Klasse AIO even necessary after the Optimum polish or can I directly use Klasse SG?

Thanks for the replies!

-Phillip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS
    If your screen name suggests you have a new 335i, then you definatly would not need Hyper Compound and an orange pad, unless you have washed it with a belt sander. Anyway, start with the least aggressive approach them move up if needed.

Yes, AIO before SG

Steve

Also, apply OP with a light polishing pad as well as the AIO. A finishing pad will not work the OP very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you really mean finishing pad? I think you want to use a polishing pad after OHC/orange. My feeling is that you can go straight to the SG after the OP, but if you want to do an extra polishing step and ensure the paint is ready for the SG, AIO on a finishing pad will do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS

Yes, AIO before SG

Steve

Well, I have two cars..and I got the HC for my wifes `03 tahoe. It might not need it but I have it just in case. My new 335i definately won`t need the Hyper! So, is it safe to use OP with an Orange pad on my 335i? Or should I use something less aggressive?

Thanks,

Phillip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer335i
    Well, I have two cars..and I got the HC for my wifes `03 tahoe. It might not need it but I have it just in case. My new 335i definately won`t need the Hyper! So, is it safe to use OP with an Orange pad on my 335i? Or should I use something less aggressive?

Thanks,

Phillip

I would use a white polishing pad and OP on the BMW. The Tahoe depends on the condition of the paint.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Realistically you really have to be a moron and even then I dont think you can really do much if any damage to paint using a PC. I would just go ahead and use the OHC and polishing pad and never think twice about trying OC first. Just make sure you finish up with OP as mentioned above, OCD Nick suggested finishing the polish stage with AIO, however AIO will not refine/clean up the finish at all as it has no abrasives, it`s really just a cleaner. As fdizzle mentioned, there is no evidence at all that AIO `should` be applied before SG. There`s been an unproven `feeling` around here that AIO helps SG `stick` better to the paint if used beforehand, but never proven. I think the reality is and why it`s on the directions on the klasse bottles is for those cases that those are the only two steps. They probably figure the average user wont clay and polish their surface to perfection before applying SG, so they figure they`ll get everyone to at LEAST do a nice paint cleanse using AIO. My opinion is it`s not necessary, and the last two or three vehicles Ive gone straight from OP or menzerna FP2 to LSP like SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the replies! (quick too)

As soon as my MF an WW towels arrive I can begin to experiment!

BMW

----------

1.) wash with ONR

2.) Clay?

3.) Polish with Optimum Polish w/white pad

4.) Klasse AIO w/red finish pad

5.) Klass SG by hand

Tahoe

----------

1.) Wash with ONR

2.) Clay

3.) Attempt polish with OP w/white pad

4.) Move to orange pad if above doesn`t work

5.) Move to Hyper compound w/white pad if above doesn`t work

6.) Move to Hyper w/orange pad if above doesn`t work

7.) If Hyper is needed, follow with OP. Else use Klass AIO

8.) top with Klasse SG.

-Phillip

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think AIO is easier by hand...plus then you can use it on your trim (edit: EVERYTHING)

Thread Information