Post Thanks / Like
    I notice Chemical Guys offers a few different apc`s and degreasers. Wondering if anyone had tried them. They have kiss-off, red hot, acid like grime reaper, and extreme orange..all with varying levels of strength rated on the website. They appear to be pretty concentrated. Some apparently have sodium hydroxide in them - dunno how much of a worry that is or not (?), but it`s noted on their site. The link to the cleaners is below. I tried to just paste the url but for some reason it keeps showing that whole ad-like crap below..anyway let me know your thoughts/experiences! Thx

Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies : CHEMICAL GUYS WHOLESALE AUTO DETAILING SUPPLIES CAR WASH PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAIL SUPPLY FACTORY DIRECT

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used their Grime Reaper on some pretty nasty wheels and found it to be more than adequate. Sprayed it on and agitated it with a wheel brush then rinsed off, wheels now look 100% better than they did before. I might add that I used it full strength with no noticeable negative effects on the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have there Grime Reaper and it sucks on wheels. Get PB wheel cleaner and no brushes etc. 100X better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    I also have there Grime Reaper and it sucks on wheels. Get PB wheel cleaner and no brushes etc. 100X better.

That`s not really a fair comparison, because the Pb`s is an acid (ABF) wheel cleaner, rather than an APC like the CG`s products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    That`s not really a fair comparison, because the Pb`s is an acid (ABF) wheel cleaner, rather than an APC like the CG`s products.

True but CG states it is also wheel cleaner, "IT IS STRONGER THEN ACID!", "factory approved way to remove corrosive brake dust from alloy wheels".

Based on that it is not even close to PB`s wheel cleaner; as much as I love CG stuff. I also emailed them and they said to use CG Wheel and Rms cleaner for Rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, ok..but I don`t see how this addresses the OP`s question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Well, ok..but I don`t see how this addresses the OP`s question.

And your post above does? ...however I appreciate the discussion of the cg degreasers/products and think it`s been on topic so far- I did ask about grime reaper..There are no rules confining the range of the convos in this thread - just want to hear about the cg cleaning products! Thanks for the posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a big fan of Chemical Guys, but I was not impressed with their blue Wheel Cleaner. It was decent enough if you use brushes, but it didn`t have that extra kick of a "spray and rinse" type cleaner like PB S&R or Meg`s Wheel Brightener.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    I`m a big fan of Chemical Guys, but I was not impressed with their blue Wheel Cleaner. It was decent enough if you use brushes, but it didn`t have that extra kick of a "spray and rinse" type cleaner like PB S&R or Meg`s Wheel Brightener.

+1

The wheel cleaner wasn`t bad, but it wasn`t the strongest that is currently on the market.

Sherm, shoot me an email, yours got deleted by accident...rcbuddha1@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    How is RED HOT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBuddha
    Sherm, shoot me an email, yours got deleted by accident...rcbuddha1@gmail.com

Sent :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    True but CG states it is also wheel cleaner, "IT IS STRONGER THEN ACID!", "factory approved way to remove corrosive brake dust from alloy wheels".

The CD site actually says, "Acid like Grime Reaper - Kills grease and grime, stronger as acid".

I wonder if that is a "legal compliance" typo?

:chuckle:

Thread Information