wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had occasional issues with Z6/ Z8 streaking. I`ve had a chance to work through those issues and think I`ve found the solutions. First Z6 is extremely concentrated and for me has worked better by adding some extra water. Some go 50% Z6/50% more water. I used roughly 66% Z6/33% more water. This seems to have solved those issues.

Z8 can be a bit trickier. I talked to Sal about the issues and he sugested using a cotton towell but microfiber will work. He said Z8 was very concentrated and heat activated and can be affected by a warm panel or sunlight. I found that doing a quick Z6 wipedown prior to applying Z8 helped. I did a Z6 wipedown on the hood which helped moisten the MF towell I was using. I then used the same slightly damp towell and applied Z8 with a small mister bottle. The dampened towell slid very easily distributing an even coat of Z8. Use the other side or a sperate towell for a quick rewipe. Allow to cure and then be amazed.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like to you need to find the correct amount of Z-8 to a particular area. Humidity and heat play in to the equation.

Try applying the Z-8 to the towel instead of the surface of the paint to get a feel for the strength of Z-8.

On really humid or hot days, this is how I apply Z-8.

Eventually you`ll get the feeling of how much to use.
    JJU

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a bit after applying Z2 or Z5. When applied right after it streaks for me as well. I mist the towel once and the panel once.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JJU
    It sounds like to you need to find the correct amount of Z-8 to a particular area. Humidity and heat play in to the equation.

Try applying the Z-8 to the towel instead of the surface of the paint to get a feel for the strength of Z-8.

On really humid or hot days, this is how I apply Z-8.

Eventually you`ll get the feeling of how much to use.

because it is so concentrated I try to use as little as possible. Spraying the towell first is a good idea. I`d suggest using Z8 after the first wash. I`ve found it more difficult to work with over a fresh coat of Z2p or Z5p as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree that Z6 and Z8 are very concentrated and thicker than your average QD. I have moved both of them to the 8 oz fine spray misters. I have noticed that I get streaking if a "big drop" of Z6/Z8 makes it to the paint - these spray misters help by "atomizing" the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use both Z6 and Z8 regularly. Maybe the streaking is technique vs. concentration. I would suggest using a light as spray as possible. That might explain if you dilute and spray heavy, minimizes the streaking as you would if you sprayed real thin. I did have an issue with Z8 the very first time. The first spray came out heavy and the wipe down did streak. I just made sure it was light and everything worked out fine.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    the fine mister bottle was an improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had streaking problems with Z-8 if applied too soon after a layer of Z-2 or Z-5 or if the paint/panel is too warm. I only apply Z-8 in the garage. Doing it in direct sun seems to cause streaking problems.

I have noticed that Z-8 seems to have a curing period.

I wipe down the car with Z-6 then buff with a CBT. Then I mist the panel w/ Z-8 and wipe with the long nap side of a MF folded to make it like 4x6 pad. I make sure I coat the entire panel. Then I lightly buff it with a CBT until it feels super slippery.

Just recently I tried an experiment that really surprised me. I usually go back about an hour later and buff the car again w/ a CBT and the Z-8 always looks even better. So that is why I think there is a cure time involved with Z-8.

So last month instead doing the second buff with a CBT, I put a 6" MF bonnet (Sonus) over a white pad on my PC. The bonnet had the longer nap side facing outward. I set it to the 2 setting and tried buffing one panel with very light pressure.

HOLY SH&% BATMAN! I`ve never seen Z-8 look so amazing! It was incredibly slick, wet and glossy and also very smooth looking. There was very high reflectivity but the paint still had depth. So I did the entire car. It seemed to have similar filling capabilities to Z-5. I did not get any hazing from the MF bonnet. The bonnet still looked clean.

I hadn`t used any of my MF bonnets since I stopped using glaze&carnuba and started using Zaino. I have tried this twice with my car and I`m convinced that I am missing out on a whole lot if I merely hand buff the Z-8.

I`ve been wondering about trying a MF bonnet and spritzing it with Z-6 and then squirt the panel with Z-6 and then buff with the PC at a low setting. I would imagine that it would really deep clean the paint. I would probably get more out of the gloss enhancers too. I`d have to keeping checking the MF bonnet and swap it out when it gets dirty.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    the pc might make a difference since Z8 is heat activated

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    the fine mister bottle was an improvement.

I`m going to try another bottle sometime with my Z8. I tend to spray too much with the standard bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    This may not help detail outdoors, but I only use Z6 or Z8 (both full strength) on cool surfaces, with a misting sprayer (very economical method also) and indoors. I never apply either product on freshly applied Z2/Z5PRO (Z6 majority of the between coats).

Z6 and Z8 are really technically complex solutions that do not contain alcohol or oils to aid in even distribution (application). I use MF`s for application without any problems but to really feel the slickness of the surface, a cotton formulated MF (DF Towel) makes one go :woohoo:.

My experience using both these products include, black, white, silver and red.

Thread Information