Thread: 5 Star Shine

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I don`t post much but I am a member and love this Forum. Have any of you guys heard of this 5 Star Shine product? Sounds to good to be true but I knew the experts here would be able to give me the "skinny" on this product. Check out the link below and let me know what you all think. Thanks a lot! Take care.

http://www.5starshine.com/ppc/index.html

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    5 star scam- buy Zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    A very good Sealant, beats Zaino Z2 all day every day.

I use this on car when they wants maximum protection and are willing to pay the extra $.

wannafbody: Have you tested 5 star shine or PPS(the original name)? I know that the 5starshine internet page is looking like crap and they promise a lot. But the fact is that PPS is the best sealant I everhave tested(Zaino Z2, FMJ, UPP,MG20, MG21, Cyclo CTi, Glare, Dulon,Chemical guys M-seal, Carlack 68 SG(Klasse SG) and a couple of more. I found that PPS is the most durable of them all.

www.ppstechnology.com

One thing to remember, is that one kit(2oz) will be enough for 3 cars with the size of a Volvo V70. A little goes looong way. But don´t use all of the step 1 with a gallon of water, just uses 2cl with ~40oz of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was waxing my car just yesterday when someone mentioned this product to me.

He asked, "How often do you wax your car?" and I said about once a month. Then he said, "Well, how would you like to do it once every five years?" I then replied suspiciously, "With what? Zaino or something?" He said "No, it`s called 5 Star."

Thing is, I thought he was referring to Four Star, which is one of the least durable sealants (although nice-looking). I told him I had some and that it was a very good product--very slick. I didn`t mention durability because I didn`t want to burst his bubble and ruin his enthusiasm and excitement over telling me about what I thought was Four Star.

Anyway, now I understand what he was talking about and stand corrected. I`ve never seen or used 5 Star so have no idea what it`s like, although his black Lincoln was looking pretty darn sharp I have to say. He said he even used it on his belt buckle.

(Their website does have an infomercial look to it though, unfortunately.)
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta think that despite the plea that he doesnt post much, that his post is spam for spams sake.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep - I`m thinkin spammer too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like how the website has "sunlight" and "ultraviolet" on the table.

durh.

Post Thanks / Like
    100% guaranteed, huh? Well then, what do we have to lose?!

Post Thanks / Like
    well as porta said it was a good product..I never used it...but can`t knock it till you try it...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember this being discussed in the Edmunds forum and how a Dupont memo indicated that PTFE (Teflon) had no practical application in car care products because to be effective, PTFE must be applied at extremely high temperatures (e.g. Teflon coatings on cookware are applied at very high temperatures.

Now, one thing that contradicts this is a somewhat recent OTC (WOWO) product that claims to contain Dupont Teflon (can`t think of the name).

I think 1 year claims are pushing it, but 5 years? Maybe if it`s covered in a garage!

I`m not buying in and still wonder if it`s spam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Smells like spam to me, but the products good. I know that the sealant will least very long but not 5 years. But I think that they say somewhere on the website that it will lasts 5 year, if you reapply every year, so basicly the durability is one year.

As I said before, this is the best sealant in my arsenal. I say to my customer that this will protect their cars for ~1year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benvegas
    I gotta think that despite the plea that he doesnt post much, that his post is spam for spams sake.

It`s unfortunate to me that only certain members can ask questions on this forum with credibility! I am not a spamer but the owner of both a BMW E39 M5 & E 63 M6 who is looking for a bit of advice. You guys are paranoid. I certainly would not have been responded to in this manner by my fellow members on the M6 Board. I guess I will ask them. Sorry for wasting your time. Thanks Porta for your honest answer, the only decent response on the whole damn thread. I guess if you are not a detailing "expert", you are not welcome here :sadpace: Very disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I thought that you where a spammer, but unfortunaly it´s very popular to do this with sealants like 5starshine. And when this was your first post, I assumed that.

And your car would be very shiny with a prep of Menzerna Final Finish and sealed with 5starshine.

http://www.m5board.com/photopost/sho...74&ppuser=6952 <--- nice ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Sorry if I thought that you where a spammer, but unfortunaly it´s very popular to do this with sealants like 5starshine. And when this was your first post, I assumed that.

And your car would be very shiny with a prep of Menzerna Final Finish and sealed with 5starshine.

http://www.m5board.com/photopost/sho...74&ppuser=6952 <--- nice ride

Thanks porta, I may take your advice and try this combo with my PC. Glad you like my rides Can I get the Manzerna on this site?

Thread Information