Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s hard to beat ONR as a clay lube, it`s cheap and works well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot see how anything could better ONR as a lube. Stuff is simply amazing.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The maroon bottle Meguiars detailer that you can buy at the local car parts store is still my favorite clay lube, although it seems to be getting harder to find. The maroon bottle is also one of my favorite spray bottles. I keep them for other products after the QD is gone. It has a very uniform, tight spray pattern.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. I have a bottle of this I haven`t used in ages. I`ll have to break it out again. Thanks, Bee.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    The maroon bottle Meguiars detailer that you can buy at the local car parts store is still my favorite clay lube, although it seems to be getting harder to find. The maroon bottle is also one of my favorite spray bottles. I keep them for other products after the QD is gone. It has a very uniform, tight spray pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Water works good for the right elastic type clays, if you`re buying a specific clay lubricant then you`re getting ripped off. Plenty of Professionals can just use ONR or regular car soap to clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma
    Water works good for the right elastic type clays, if you`re buying a specific clay lubricant then you`re getting ripped off. Plenty of Professionals can just use ONR or regular car soap to clay.

Hmm.. Don`t know that I agree with that. If the car is going to be polished after claying, then you`re right; it just doesn`t matter what lube or clay you use as long as the contamination is removed. However, if the car is *not* going to be polished afterward, then using the correct lube/clay combination is necessary to reduce clay induced marring to the minimum possible. On soft paints, the Sonus fine green clay and the maroon bottle Megs QD is a great combination. There`s lots of other good combos, too, of course.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using ONR as my clay lube for a while now, but I may try water with my yellow clay (Which is GREAT stuff, IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    I`ve been using ONR as my clay lube for a while now, but I may try water with my yellow clay (Which is GREAT stuff, IMO).

During my training I used water with the yellow Erazer clay and didn`t notice any difference. I`ve only used Elastic clay, so therefore I haven`t had much experience with crappy Clay Magic/Plastic clay.

Yes I can see how certain soft paints might need some more care, however in general when someone tries to give this idea that clay lube is an "essential" product I tend to laugh. Any cheap QD/ONR/soap mix will work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information