Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Never tried it, but I spray Turtle Wax spray wax on my car when wet to give it a little extra "pop". You`re right, Griot`s is nothing to write home about. The man is a genius with his marketing, but his products are not.

2. LOVE those towels. Wal-Mart also has waffle weave towels. Another good buy.

3. Never heard of it.

4. I really don`t like Simple Green on my wheels as I`m afraid it`ll strip off my wax, plus it`s nowhere near strong enough for my tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Monster Fluffy from Detailers Paradise comes to mind. Mother`s Reflections Advanced Tire Care, FK 425, FK FX-100, FK PW, Z6, Z7, Z8, Z5 Pro, Z16, CG FS, CG M Seal, CG VRT, DP Krystal Vision, OCW, ONR, AJ & Natty`s Blue have all been pleasant surprises for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The great suprises were;

CG 5050. This is the wax that has me saying `cake and eat it too`

Infact Chemical Guys in general, what a find; great products and the best service I have experienced.

Victoria Concours

Duragloss AW

Duragloss 105

RDF trim and tire sealant beta 2.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I willl nto say Zaino`s line `surprised` me... Its greatness was expected.

A product that surprises me is a product that I`ve never heard of before and I just pick it up and it does a great job.

1. Turtle Wax Platinum Car wash soap - WoW! Honestly the best soap I`ve tried, the lubricity is out of this world, it puts Zaino`s soap a (Very Close) second. Mostly because it will shine any finish whereas Zaino`s does a great job at making Z2 or Z5 `pop` even better......

2. 303 Aerospace Protectant - nothing can make plastics look `newer` or `new again`... great product

3. Eagle one Brushes - Rim Brush and interior brushes... Super High Quality.

4. Costco Towels - Much Much better then the sams ones.... just dont forget to remove the little tags.
    Proud to be... :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Aquawax has been my biggest surprise find in a long long time. It has been a while since I tried ANY detailing product that exceeded my expectations right away and is so easy to use.

The DG 105 TPP would be second. A great new sealant that holds its own against anything out there, IMO.

There are a lot of "ho-hum" products available, which makes really good finds jewels in the rough and stand out above all the average fodder.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    CG 50/50 - I was expecting less than Souveran considering it was half the price, but it really delivers a color range that PS never could.

Zaino Z5Pro - Zaino never did it for me, I had tried the old Z2 and it left that "liquid glass" sort of plastic shine that I`m not impressed with. Sal has made a huge leap forward with Z5Pro, today I`m probably going to ZPC my car and put 3 coats of Z5pro on it, topped with 5050.

Duragloss AW - if you have a silver car, you *have* to buy this. End of story.

CG Liquid Extreme Shine - I`m never going back to water based dressings again. LES turns grey trim into black trim, and it stays that way for a while. I figure that it saves me 45 minutes+ when detailing a CR-V, Avalanche, etc, and customers are always blown away by the look. Its cheap enough by the gallon to use as a wheel well dressing too.

Clearkote RMG and VM - A lot of the new paints just don`t want to finish out right with FPII/black pad. Toss a coat of Pink Moose on it via cyclo and white pads, and the paint takes on a whole new dimension.

Meg`s Wheel Brightener - Not for everyone, but it makes me money hand over fist. I see people in click and brag spending an hour plus on really bad rims with APC and a brush, Meg`s WB knocks out the same job in 5 minutes.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    Meg`s Wheel Brightener - Not for everyone, but it makes me money hand over fist. I see people in click and brag spending an hour plus on really bad rims with APC and a brush, Meg`s WB knocks out the same job in 5 minutes.

LOL!! I know exactly what you mean about the people spending so much time on rims....

you cant use it on all rims but majority of rims are game.
    Proud to be... :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite 845. It produces, in my opinion, a liquid look on silver than cannot be achieved with any other product. Also gives excellent range to that color(color duplication in the finish, depth of reflections), with great richness. Metallics pop, and durability will blow 95% of sealants out of the water.

Duragloss Aquawax. Extreme slickness, and an instant wet, clear shine. Cost is very low, and it basically is the definition of "easy to use".

Menzerna FPII. When compared to Optimum Polish, the finish is clearer, brighter, and more reflective. Easy to use, and removes haze/micromarring from agressive products easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    FMJ, never expected this product to be so good, from ease of application, to removal.

The results----better than anything I have ever used. The shine/gloss, is dripping wet, yet candy-coated, and amazingly slick........

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR and AW have been sweet!

Like mentioned above, the costco microfibers, for their cost are great for many things, although I liked them for removing waxes and polishes but they arent really plush enough for QD, although I have used them for it without any noticeable marring. I have some Cobra MF`s on the way and so the Costco`s will be seeing door jam, under hood, and wheel duty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can AW be purchased locally? I`ve got a silver car, so naturally I must try it!

Post Thanks / Like
    i have another addition to make to this thread . . . .

i used mothers pure carnuba paste wax (kinda pricy for OTC product, 16 to 20$ depending where you buy it) on my moms champagne 2 door accord, just to throw somthing on there quick. I dont have any pics, and it was 12 at night . . . .

what a wonderful shine, smooth finish (vehicle already had a clay andpolish job via rotary w/ optimum polish and adams buttery wax) Great depth and a warm addition to the otherwise dull OEM color.

went on and buffed off like a breeze . . . if any of you have some dig it out and give her another chance . . .
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lemans23
    Can AW be purchased locally? I`ve got a silver car, so naturally I must try it!

carquest has it or can order it, depends on the location.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Absorber synth Chamois. The problem I have with drying using a MF, is that softimes stuff gets caught in the fiber and ends up swirling the paint. With the Absorber, I can rinse it out in a bucket while drying to make sure it`s clean. I even use it to apply spray way while drying. It tends to hold quite a bit of wax and spreads it smoothly. Then I just buff with a diaper or MF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    CG 50/50 - I was expecting less than Souveran considering it was half the price, but it really delivers a color range that PS never could.
    Has anyone else had this same experience? I wouldnt mind saving the $$ if the look is the same high quality look provided by Souveran! :grinno:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information