Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After all the hype about Duragloss I decided to give it a go.

TO start out with, my car has gone about 10k miles since it`s last full detail. It had rained a couple weeks ago as well. All in all my car looked like crap.

I started by using Duragloss Bug Remover. I sprayed on a copious amount to the front of my car and the mirrors and then proceeded to wash it. It removed all but the toughest bugs. I was quite impressed.

Next I clayed and polished the car with SSR2.5. (Love this polish, but thinking about picking up some HC after hearing all the good things about it as well)

Afterwards I used the Polishing Bonding Agent. I was surprised, this stuff was quite watery. I decided to apply it via PC and used a megs finishing pad. This stuff went very far, and was quite easy to apply. My only gripe is that on my car, it was hard to see where it had been applied.

Once I let the PBA set up a bit, I applied the Total Performance Polish using the same method, PC with megs finishing pad. It went on just like the PBA, quite far and very easy to apply. I only applied one coat and the results were stunning. My car looked better than it did right off the lot. Since it looked so good, I really didn`t see the need to apply another layer.

To top it all off, I used the much vaunted Aquawax. This sealed the deal. It gave my car that little extra that made it seem to glow.

I have a silver scion, and I`ve had a hard time getting both depth and shine out of it. UPP provided great shine, but limited depth. OCW provided great depth, but limited shine. The Duragloss system provided the depth and shine I desired out of my silver car. I couldn`t be happier, and it will be my goto on light colored cars.

So to sum up.

Pros
    • Value - For the money, it`s going to be very tough to beat this combo. A little also goes a long way
    • Looks - Outstanding Depth and shine
    • Application - So easy to apply it`s not even funny
    • Durability - 2 weeks and 1 wash later it still looks fantastic. AW really brings everything back as well

Cons
    • Watery - Accidently overapplied a bit when first using the product
    • Availability - Can be a bit hard to find locally, but online shipping is more than reasonable

The pros far outweigh the cons and I`ll be using this for a long time. I can`t wait to try it on darker colors. for DG products! My next order will include some other their other products, tire dressings etc.

No I don`t have pics, my camera is off getting it`s sensor cleaned at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used quite a few DG products and have been very pleased with the value and results. The QD Spray is really quite fine, as is the DG Clear Coat Polish. Both do very well on my black SLK. No streaking at all. One word of caution. I tried the DG Carnauba wax and found it very difficult to get even, no streak results. It has been relagated to the back of the shelf. But DO tried the non silicon tire and vinal dressing. Cleans and leaves a soft glow to the dash and leather. Not wet and greasy. For interiors, first rate. For exterior plastics and trims, I still raeach for a German product called Gollit Diamante. I discovered this about 10 years ago in Germany, and it is still the best! I have it imported once or twice a year. Great Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definately one product that lives up to the hype and for the price its unbeatable. Just hope it doesn`t go to their head and then decide to change formula and raise prices lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the AW, looks really wet on top of Z5, it might be the gateway drug to their whole line as I recently found a carquest with a decent selection of stuff. I can`t see paying $18+ S&H for Z-8

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, Duragloss is good stuff. AW is so easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are liking the DG products! I told ya`ll they were the real deal, not just some over-hyped line that fails to live up to expectations (I can think of several there). They are fantastic products, and the real icing is they are also a great value and (at least in my area) easily found!

Being a Zaino user for many years, I can say that the DG products easily meet my expectations (for durability and shine) and can handily go head to head with the best products on the market. Call it hype or whatever, but I will stand by my opinion that they are one of the best products on the market.

I can no longer see paying Zaino prices, when I feel DG offers me (what I feel are) similar results for a fraction of the cost.

Regards,

Mike
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I really like the AW, looks really wet on top of Z5, it might be the gateway drug to their whole line as I recently found a carquest with a decent selection of stuff. I can`t see paying $18+ S&H for Z-8

Thats how I am using it for now. My Z5 is really old and I won`t be buying anymore so to finish it I use it and top it with AW and its just amazing. When I finally finish the z5 i`ll be getting DG105 to replace it

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree 100% with TigerMike....I have used DG for a year now...and i have just about every car product they make....and have not had one displease me..all do what they claim and better...

They are by far the best OTC product..if you want to call them OTC as they do get hard to find in some places....they blown away some of the more expensive Boutique products I have and tried....the looks and durability far exceeds them...

The company is owned by two polymer chemist`s and they must know what they are doing cause the products perform....

Another good thing is..if you have a problem with a product..call them..they will go the mile to try and help resolve it...

I was told they have a few new products to come to market...a buffing gel for paint correction which will be body shop safe.....a new type sealant that is in the works...

also a little hint...if you decide to get any sealant other than the 105 cause it is new..like 101..111.. 106 order it from them....the stock in most Carquests on these is old stock ..no big turnover...and they could be stale..I got a stale bottle of 111 it was 3 years old...

I always order from them now..for the 4.95 shipping it is worth it....cost more in gas searching for it..lol....even gallons are 4.95.....

Glad you are all enjoying it..I know your wallet will...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    :showpics .

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. The DG 105 and AW are on of my favorite among favorites. Their leather conditioner are great also.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also order any of the DG products at Carquest. I ordered all their stuff and got it the NEXT day. No shipping charges either.
    O-Obsessive

C-Compulsive

D-Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD Nick
    You can also order any of the DG products at Carquest. I ordered all their stuff and got it the NEXT day. No shipping charges either.

awesome information :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    firegate,

You want pics?

Here is a Murano I did with the bonding agent and TPP.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75950

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD Nick

Yes you can order from carquest...but it comes from the warehouse..and it may be old stock...

Some one else got some from carquest a sealant I believe maybe 111 and was old..he called Duragloss and they sent him a new bottle and wanted his old one...

Carquest may not turn over the stock to fast..so you may get aged products....I got a bottle that was 3 years old....of the #111.....

As far as getting 105...AW ..FC&S and other stuff it should be fine,,but the other polishes like 101..111...106 and the Swirl mark remover abd PC2 I would order fresh....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    How can I tell if they are old?
    O-Obsessive

C-Compulsive

D-Detailing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information