Post Thanks / Like
    I recently have tried out many sealants on my car (95 Gs300 single stage blk) but after a few weeks it doenst bead like it should. I ve applied the same sealants on cars with Clearcoats and they are doing fine. We have been having some crazy weather in houston and it rained non stop for 12hours atleast. Since my car was parked out side, when it started raining the beading was perfect but when I woke up the next day(still rainning) it wasnt beading like it was supposed to.

Could this be due to the fact that I have single stage paint and the sealant might not be adhereing to the paint? Or is Caranuba my only option?

All help is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    how many coats of sealant did you use?

I find that single stage like to drink some product(mine likes rmg)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s because the paint is SS. Sealants probably aren`t "bonding" to the SS paint. If it were me, I would go with a polish from the Meg`s line, since they seem to work well on SS(polishing oils "feed" the paint), then go with a nuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa3346
    I think it`s because the paint is SS. Sealants probably aren`t "bonding" to the SS paint. If it were me, I would go with a polish from the Meg`s line, since they seem to work well on SS(polishing oils "feed" the paint), then go with a nuba.
    I see what you guys are talking about, Its not a big deal really, Im alwasy applying something to the car ever 2 weeks anyway. Just gotta head over to the local Harley Davidson shop and buy a new can of S100

Thanks again guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    how many coats of sealant did you use?

I find that single stage like to drink some product(mine likes rmg)
    Just one coat of Duragloss 105 and 1coat of Aquawax.

Post Thanks / Like
    [SIZE=3]I`ve been detailing for years now and I don`t deal with many SS jobs but mine is one. I actually painted it with my father seeing how he is ASC certified. He`s from the old school and basically he told me that carnuba was the best for SS surfaces. Just wondering if there is a better product out there and where to get it? The cost would be a factor as well but any suggestions would help. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rat```````
    [SIZE=3]I`ve been detailing for years now and I don`t deal with many SS jobs but mine is one. I actually painted it with my father seeing how he is ASC certified. He`s from the old school and basically he told me that carnuba was the best for SS surfaces. Just wondering if there is a better product out there and where to get it? The cost would be a factor as well but any suggestions would help. :2thumbs:
    Any good quality caranuba wax should work fine, s100, souveran, victorias wax to name a few are pretty good. S100 you can find locally, the others you will probably have to order it online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks roadmaster.... the souveran wax seems like the way to go with this harsh florida sun...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rat```````
    Thanks roadmaster.... the souveran wax seems like the way to go with this harsh florida sun...
    Souveran is more of a beauty wax, doenst offer alot of durabilty and is expensive. There are some waxes out there like CHemical Guys 5050 that is half the price of Souveran or close to it. For a durable wax, the only ones I can think of are Collnite(spelling?) and FK1 pink wax.

But if you intend on waxing ever 2-3 weeks then go for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My beater has white SS paint--last Feb I polished it, then applied one coat of Meguiars #26. Since then I have washed it about once a month and used aquawax on it three times--beads like a champ. Now it could certainly be refreshed (which I plan on doing soon), but it still beading quite well........
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s sorta funny, but many SS paints *do* seem to do better with carnaubas :nixweiss Could be the way they`re often more porous than b/c, the heavier types of LSP might be better for that.

Yeah, the Meg`s "pure polishes" do work well on ss, especially the older-tech paints.

Some of the "synthetic blend" products also work great on ss. Autoglym SRP is great on my Jag`s ss lacquer. I top it with Souveran, but yeah, that`s just a beauty wax for garage queens (ScottWax`s incredible Souveran durability experiences notwithstanding ). I`d go with Collinite, #26, or Blitz if you can`t find any Meg`s #16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which product from Collinite should I go with? Seeing a few different waxes and cleaners on their website...........

Thread Information