Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So when i placed my order for a crapload of detail spray. I threw in a can of this.

It all showed up two days after i put my 2nd coat of fmj on my audi.

After finishing a clients car, i decided to prep the Audi for an up coming bmw overnight drive.

Did a quick wash and dry. I Opened up can 58 out of 2000. After applying a thin layer and wiping it off i stepped back to inspect the car.

Wow. The silver flake was just immense. Staggeringly brilliant. My purpose was not really look but to test its durability on wet, damp, grimy washington-oregon roads on the drive.

Saturday starts, I meet up for the drive and proceed to hit 260 miles of twisty`s. My inspection of it saturday evening showed the wax held up well. Slickness was not affected and just as it started to rain i was able to see the car basically self rinse.

Sunday morning and i Saw it was still raining and jumped for joy. The rain was nothing heavy but typical PNW drizzle. Driving to Portland was a breeze other than Oregon’s i-84 has ruts the size of rivers. The wax held up very well. Even with constant spray from other cars, semi`s trucks and vans.

Once in Portland i took a close look just to see how it was holding up. After pulling the car in the garage i was able to see that indeed the wax was doing fine. The flake pop that fmj did not have was still there.

Monday, the drive back to Seattle, mostly oily damp roads. The car was covered in that infamous black grime. A quick real carwash last night and again i am pleasantly surprised. The slickness was there. Albeit the slickness was less than when first applied. A quick spritz of CG prodetailer and everything was returned.

I will continue to update how the wax lasts. For slickness I think it is even a shade better than FMJ, it`s IMHO just super slick. For looks I really love it on my silver metallic. Natty`s just seemed to dull the flake. this makes it pop wonderfully. And Adams butter wet wax gave the Look I wanted but seemed to have very little durability 200-300 miles in Seattle weather and roads.

In total We put about 750-800 miles this weekends, through mist, rain, muck, and following 30 bmw’s on the damp twisties. I’d consider it a good start to a test.

For now i ham holding judgement on durability but out of

Looks 9 out of 10

slickness 9.5 out of 10.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the looks of this one. This is a hit from them. I buffed out a dark blue Honda Civic hood this Saturday as a demo and put a coat of 50:50 on. Simply stunning. I didn`t have my camera though.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    lol Yeah i did not take any shots. To be honest, the difference between fmj and 5050 is only in the pop of the flake. And that is not really something you can take a picture off at 9pm at nite.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man. Now I want this. Any thoughts on how it would compare to Natty`s (blue) on a red car (not metallic)? Thx.

Post Thanks / Like
    depends i really like natty`s blue on solid dark colors, and nattys on lighter and pearls.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Like many of us I have tried about every available Detail product that is out there to us. I have spent I guess about $4000. so far.

Recently I purchased the 5050 Wax and the EZ Extreme Glaze by Chemical Guys. Many of you don`t like Glazes, but I love them. My favorites have been Adams And Red Machine Glaze recently.

I have 2 cars that are garage queens. A Red Infiniti 05 G35 6 speed (2900) miles, never in the rain, and a 06 Black metallic GTO. First I hand rubbed the EZ Extreme Glaze onto both cars. It went on easily, and was rubbed in circular fashion till it hazed. Removal by plush Microfiber towels is very easy. Wow!, without hard rubbing, all but a few spider web marks were gone. a second rubing in a few tough places did the trick. The surface of the Red G35 looked very wet , the metallic in the Black GTO just glimmered.

Now I opened the 5050 can. The wax was very white and initially felt hard, Like most waxes with a high carnauba content. I thought I was going to really work up a sweat applying this wax, it was split in half, another sign of a hard wax. But to my surprise, it goes onto a microfiber applicater with ease. It fells like PS21 on application. So easy that you have to be carefull not to apply to heavy. After putting on light coats, it hazes in less then 10 minutes at 65 degree tempeture. Removal with microfiber cloth is very easy.

This combination is "Fantastic" it gives both the metallic and clearcoat paints a terrific depth and wet gloss. This is the "Bomb".

Compared to ClearCoat, Poorboys, and Adams, I have to give these new products from Chemical Guys a Big Thumbs UP. Don`t get me wrong, I still love the products from the other brands I mentioned, but I think CG has given them a new mark to shoot for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the 5050 is a great wax. A equal to a little better than Natty`s But not quite Pin Souveran. I have not had trouble with 5050 putting on or off.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have mentioned that if you use very thin coats, you will not have any problems. This wax can easily be put on thick, as it comes out of the container very thick. Put it on so thin you hardly see it. After a few minutes you will see it haze up.. I have had Soverign on the G35, and it has always been real work to apply and take off. Give the 5050 another chance, and I think you may be surprised. To get great results be sure to sure to do the Glaze first. I like Soverign,but like I said this is one great combination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon P. Nusbaum
    I should have mentioned that if you use very thin coats, you will not have any problems. This wax can easily be put on thick, as it comes out of the container very thick. Put it on so thin you hardly see it. After a few minutes you will see it haze up.. I have had Soverign on the G35, and it has always been real work to apply and take off. Give the 5050 another chance, and I think you may be surprised. To get great results be sure to sure to do the Glaze first. I like Soverign,but like I said this is one great combination.

Agreed.

I too have had great looks with the 5050 to the point that my signiture (that was since 2002 with soveran) is changed to 5050 . I still have soveran and always will (like Zymol concours, victoria waxes), but 5050 is my current goto. I had it on for over a month with 3 washes and qd after - still looked great. I had 2 layers on. Note, I think that the look improves once it cures and gives a better range (like zymol) that beats soveran. Souveran though may have a tad edge on wet look. I usually do not make price a factor, but include that, the ease of use (I did half the car and was still able to go back and easily buff of without dusting), able to apply in the sun and durability (have not seen this with soveran) - its a winner. Side note: my laptop crashed with the pics of the 5050, but on the CG site the red mercedes E500 is me (also me with the EZ Glaze) .
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I was very impressed with Chemical Guys XXX carnuaba paste. When I first applied it to my MX5 I was bit concerned as it seemed to draw all the colour out & left it looking a bit anaemic. When I returned to the car an hour later I was blown away, the paint was dark, rich & almost dripping off the car.

I`d love to try the 5050 buut it seems no-one in merry old England stocks it.
    Mini Cooper S - Laser Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macko
    I was very impressed with Chemical Guys XXX carnuaba paste. When I first applied it to my MX5 I was bit concerned as it seemed to draw all the colour out & left it looking a bit anaemic. When I returned to the car an hour later I was blown away, the paint was dark, rich & almost dripping off the car.

I`d love to try the 5050 buut it seems no-one in merry old England stocks it.

Do a search.

The whole 5050 topic came about because some one here saw it for sale by a vendor for CG IN ENGLAND.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macko
    ....I`d love to try the 5050 buut it seems no-one in merry old England stocks it.
    Try here:

http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/inf...earch=&sought=
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    it is a new wax of theirs. so far i am very pleased.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa ! I`ve spent all day searching for a UK supplier without luck, order has now been placed.

thanks !
    Mini Cooper S - Laser Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn!

I`m still waiting for my 5050 to arrive, if I didn`t live 50.000miles away, i`d go there and get me some right now :chuckle:
    Groundforce

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information