Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reviewed:

RIDGID 4-Gallon 5 Peak HP Portable Pro Vac

After my current "Shop-Vac" brand vac failed me, I decided to go with a RIDGID. The lineup sports a lifetime warranty which is very important to me. I went into Home Depot and to my surprise all vacs were 15% off! This never happens to me. I looked and looked. I needed a vac that was small but portable. I found this on sale for 59.99 (reg. 69.00) and checked out.

When I took it out of the box, the first thing I noticed was the hose size. It`s 1-7/8 instead of 2-1/2 or 1 -1/4 making my attachments useless. It also came with only one car nozzle attachment. I was a little frustrated. I did see something else.....a muffler! I put it on and cranked it up. Makes a HUGE difference. I was doing a pretty rough H2 when my other vac let go so I decided to go back and finish the other half with this one. Dear Lord. This thing rocks. Super long power cord meant no extention cords. I did the other half 10 times faster than the first half. This one nozzle did it all. I found the vac actually sucking and sticking to the floor. So much suction. Its the perfect size for a mobile detailer. I will be getting this kit soon though....

Overall, this is one of the best purchases I have ever made. If you want a powerful yet portable vac this is for you. It`s like a detailer actually designed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet, I`ll definitely look into that. It takes me forever with my old shop vac to vaccuum out even light stuff, and I`m looking for a new one. Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same unit and have been well pleased with it. I get good vacuum power and the capacity is enough to clean several vehicles befor emptying. The only thing I don`t like is that the included hose is rather short. I found an accessory kit at HD that includes an assortment of nozzles and a 7ft hose. The longer hose makes all the difference! After paying $69 for mine, I saw the same unit that comes with a wall hanger, accessory nozzles, and a long hose for $10 more. Too bad I had already used the vac and bought the accessory kit. Anyway, the WD4050 is a great shop-vac for the mobile detailer. I can toss in in my trunk and it doesn`t take up a lot of space. Defintely a good deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    Overall, this is one of the best purchases I have ever made.

agreed! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I had that same vacuum. It didn`t think it provided nearly enough power. I got a 6.5hp dayton instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the 6.5hp Ridgid, and it sucks up toonies, bolts, screws, nails, and I only have to do 1 or 2 passes to get all the dirt out...

I love my Ridgid

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the same one and love it. THe optional $15 accessory kit is a pretty good deal also, and comes with more attachments.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a good product for the money but it has two weaknesses: noise and the need to change filters frequently for best suction ($15+). Fortunately, you can wash the filters a few times to get the dirt off.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the "Pro Commercial" kit and you will get the option to use your old 2 1/2 inch tools again.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Its okay vac, I had been using this puppy for last 3 years. No problem yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great vac, horrible switches.

Thread Information