Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I go through tire dressing faster than anything else I have. I am almost out of all my different dressings and now just want something I can buy in bulk.

What it must be:

Dillutable (or really cheap)

Water Based

Ability for high shine or low shine

Liquid (sprayable)

I know one option is Megs Hyper-dressing, but I want to know of more and thoughts on them (including hyper-dressing).

Thanks!
    Always being the youngest isn`t always a bad thing...:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I use hyper dressing so I will give you my thoughts on that:

$30-40 a gallon shipped. (Kinda pricey)

I dilute it at 3:1 and still get a nice gloss on tires.

Works excellent on wheel wells. Just spray on and let dry

The product needs to soak into the tires or trim so sometimes additional coats are needed.

Not the most durable dressing I would expect a week or so.

Nice Grape Smell

Works great on engines, Spray on after engine is degreased, let sit for an hour, come back, and wipeoff.

Hope that helps.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaGuy
    I go through tire dressing faster than anything else I have. I am almost out of all my different dressings and now just want something I can buy in bulk.

What it must be:

Dillutable (or really cheap)

Water Based

Ability for high shine or low shine

Liquid (sprayable)

I know one option is Megs Hyper-dressing, but I want to know of more and thoughts on them (including hyper-dressing).

Thanks!

The best tire dressing (any cost) I have tried is All Brite`s V-6 Premium Dressing - I get it for less than $20 per gallon; this will do a ton of cars. I really haven`t tried diluting it cause I like it just they way it is, but it is water-based and "dilutable." And I suppose if you are looking to save a penny or two per car, there are probably cheaper dressings out there, but that`s pretty cheap. Probably available in 5-gal drums for even cheaper if you`re doing 30+ cars a day or something. This stuff is awesome for tires and less of a tendancy to sling that other dressing`s I`ve tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used it that much, but I`m liking the Optimum tire dressing, which can be had for about $20/gal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I haven`t used it that much, but I`m liking the Optimum tire dressing, which can be had for about $20/gal.

Any idea which version it is? I know that David G. has quite a handful of different versions.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    Any idea which version it is? I know that David G. has quite a handful of different versions.

Greg

I dunno, I was going to buy the gallon from TOL a few months ago, but I chickened out and just bought the spray bottle. How would I tell which version it is?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Meg`s HotShine aerosol as a base, maintained with Hyper Dressing @ 3:1

I LOVE the Hyper Dressing because it lasts between my weekly washings, has a great satin finish, absorbs well and can be applied to a damp/wet tire and wiped down.

I put it in a commercial spray bottle, spray it on and wipe it off with a terry towel.

By far the most economical for large truck tires (that I`ve found) and it looks the way I want it to.

I buy from www.autodetailingsolutions.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how much you are going to be using or if you have a local distributor. Automagic super dress-it is a product I`ve use quite a bit. Nice gloss and can cut it. If I recall right it was around $25 a gallon, $100 5gallon. Another one I used a few pails of was Dealers Choice water based dressing. I got that from my Automagic distributor. About $60 for 5gallons. I used that straight all the time. Currently though I`m using HyperDressing. Cutting 1:1 for tires or 1:3 for wells or low gloss tires. I love the smell, it`s works great, it`s versatile and the yield per gallon is high.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hyper Dressing. I carry two bottles at all times. One is ~2.5:1 for tires and the other 4:1 for engines and wells. I also carry Optimum Protectant + for trim and boards.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like Megs hyper dressing would be my best bet. It would mostly only be for my car and my family`s cars, so they all get washed around 3-4 times a month, so it doesnt need to last forever. And with the dillution ratios so high, I should be able to make it last a while. Oh and mblgjr, thats a good site!

Anybody got any pictures of what it looks like on tires at the different dillution ratios?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaGuy
    Anybody got any pictures of what it looks like on tires at the different dillution ratios?

Be advised that it`s differenct strokes for different tires. You can make a Michelin tire shine with spit but some brands wont shine no matter what you put on them. The test would have to be conducted on the same tire to truly give you an idea.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Be advised that it`s differenct strokes for different tires. You can make a Michelin tire shine with spit but some brands wont shine no matter what you put on them. The test would have to be conducted on the same tire to truly give you an idea.
    Very true... but still, just to boost confidence and make me have to buy it... anyone got pics?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy

Has anyone tried Opt. tire shine gel

buy the way my go to is hyper dressing, because some like bling bling while others like nice and clean matte finish(like me)
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out Chemical Guys site for a couple of options here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tire age, condition, style, dilution, amount used and method of application will affect the look. Hyperdressing will give you anything from a natural even matte tone up to all the bling and sling your heart desires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information